SiouxSports.com Forum

Michael Parks Status

ibleedgreen

Does anyone know the status of Michael Parks? How much longer will he be out?

Someone (unofficial) said he could have went last weekend but they were holding him out until after the break to give him the maximum healing time, which makes sense.

I would expect him back against Holy Cross especially if Grimaldi hasn't returned from Russia.

Remember, we got Parks back for half a period and he was out again. That says he really wasn't ready last time. No mistakes this time.

It would not surprise me at all if they consciously held Parks out against Michigan Tech to give him basically another month without game contact knowing it would all but guarantee Parks back against Holy Cross to make up for Grimaldi being at WJC.

I wonder how much Mitch McMillan will figure in things beginning the second half?

I don't know anything about "lately", but I do know the last time Doug and Lorraine MacMillan's boys played together on a line they kinda-sorta did OK. ;)

2009-10 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)

Mitch: 59 GP 61-32-93

Mark: 59 GP 26-54-80

• Upvote 1

After holy cross it gets interesting. If healthy, Parks will be in every night. Then Mitch very well could be as well or in battle maybe with st clair, odonell and gaarder on that 3rd line. I see that 4th line staying in tact as long as rodwells skate cut injury doesn't keep him out. Could see a 3rd line of Mitch- parks and odonell/st Clair/gaarder. Don't see lines 1,2 or 4 messed with after Rocco gets back. Good problems to have compared to last season when we were rolling 3 full forward lines if lucky.. That was getting comical

I don't know anything about "lately", but I do know the last time Doug and Lorraine MacMillan's boys played together on a line they kinda-sorta did OK. ;)

Is that all, average, lol. Im curious if they'll put Mitch with Mark if they have chemistry or if they keep Mark on the top line.

I wonder how much Mitch McMillan will figure in things beginning the second half?

That is what I'm wondering too. He had a great junior career but he didn't do anything for SCSU....that's why I was wondering why Hak would take him. He did have great chemistry with his bro in juniors, but that was in juniors. Some people may think SCSU didn't give him a chance but if he was that talented one would think he would have played. Hak must know something, but 11pts in 42 games is borderline 2nd line D territory.

For better or worse, I never trust BCHL stats. They are a little like when I play NHL 12... I am really curious how our Tambellini and Murphy's numbers will translate to WCHA play.

61 goals in 59 games.....I don't care if its pee wee B, thats pretty impressive. Sounds like the guy is a finisher.

I'll keep beating the dead horse.....why didn't it work out at SCSU?

61 goals in 59 games.....I don't care if its pee wee B, thats pretty impressive. Sounds like the guy is a finisher.

Well it's a terrible school... And I'm not talking about hockey.

I went to SCSU for a year and a half. Just terrible.

Maybe Mitch agrees.

Watkins scoring did not translate, but Murray's did... That is just such an offensive and unbalanced league that you can trust the numbers. Just look at the Gopher guys from last season.

Could you elaborate a little? What made it a terrible school?

For me personally, it was a lot of little things. Communication with students on deadlines was horrible. Course requirements were odd and random - not equivalent to many courses at other schools as you'd expect for Gen Ed courses. Parking situation was awful.

That said, I know people that loved it there and I know people that hated it. It wasn't for me for a lot of reasons. I thought I'd like being close to home, but turns out I didn't.