SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. DENVER - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Okay, need to get this off my chest.

WHAT IN THE HELL WERE YOU DOING JIM??

I was at the game, and it was well on its way to being 7-1....then he takes one of the more mind blowing penalties in UND hockey history. It was a blatant CFB right in front of George Gwozdecky and the Denver bench....the reffs didn't even let him in the penalty box....it was that obvious. Then low and behold, Denver gets two (should have been three) and UND is on their heals for just about the rest of the game.

Had you asked me, outside of pulling their goalie, whats the dumbest thing that UND could do right now? That might have been the answer. As a fourth liner you're told to go out there, eat up minutes, and for the love of God, don't take a penalty or get scored on while you're on the ice.

Jim.....err...... :glare:

[/rant]

Jim sits next game.

Bigger, with one G and auto correct spells...............well you know!

I just tried it on my IPhone.

Exactly! Ha damn thing.

I didn't realize Rowney had a 4 point game as well. These top 2 lines could do major damage if they continue to click! I'm going to say they sweep tech and holy cross although missing Rocco for that series doesn't help vs a solid hc team. Drake has been a big suprise and on the other hand odonell isnt having the best first half. Maybe parks back will help him whenever that is

Im wondering why a mattson sat? Panzarella in my opinion(excluding his last game) hasn't been a great defensive attribute to the team.

In the postgame presser Hakstol said he didn't think the d corps played very well on Friday night and that Panzarella has been working real hard in practice and they wanted to make a change. He said he thought Panzarella brought a lot of energy to the d corps Saturday night and that he was consistent and reliable throughout the game.

Okay, need to get this off my chest.

WHAT IN THE HELL WERE YOU DOING JIM??

I was at the game, and it was well on its way to being 7-1....then he takes one of the more mind blowing penalties in UND hockey history. It was a blatant CFB right in front of George Gwozdecky and the Denver bench....the reffs didn't even let him in the penalty box....it was that obvious. Then low and behold, Denver gets two (should have been three) and UND is on their heals for just about the rest of the game.

Had you asked me, outside of pulling their goalie, whats the dumbest thing that UND could do right now? That might have been the answer. As a fourth liner you're told to go out there, eat up minutes, and for the love of God, don't take a penalty or get scored on while you're on the ice.

Jim.....err...... :glare:

[/rant]

Jim sits next game.

One of the better posts i've ever read. Spot on your job as a borderline dress/ sit player is to not put your team in a position to lose the game and thats exactly what Senkbeil did

I thought Panz did a good job for the most part but I also really like what Mattson brings. I was disappointed in the turnover to begin Saturday's game, that was really just an ugly ugly mental mistake.

Gleason turned it over early.

I like Panz. He keeps it simple and brings it physically. IMO that steadied our D last night.

I've been a huge Gleason fan but he makes one oor play a game that costs the team dearly.

I thought the fourth line had a great five periods together this weekend.... :p

I'm glad i'm not the coach. I'd bench his rear end because that was just 100 percent stupid. Plus if Denver came back and won that game people wouldn't be talking about how well the fourth line played together.

Let him serve his one game could of cost my team the game suspension then back on Saturday in Houghton.

Pattyn took a penalty right after a goal earlier in the second period as well. I believe that resulted in the SHG, but it was still not a good move for the fourth line.

That was another "what in the world is he doing?" moment. Like I said, they played well together. But they can't take penalties. Their job is to steal shifts through the period so Kristo and Grimaldi can get more legs for their next shift, not take penalties so Kristo and Grimaldi have to kill them.

I was at the game and didn't see jim's cfb, would anyone have video of it?

I watched it on my dvr and the best shot you get is a partial side view that looks like the camera is going into the boards. I didn't see it full on but my nephew said it looked like he was down and slid into the boards and he's not really one to wear green goggles but im not sure. I was pissed about the cfb on kristo that was missed but then he scored and someone else got what looked like a cfb too, cant remember who but no call on that either. Actually i didnt think the penalty the denver guy took on st.clair was a penalty, i think they were just trying to make up for the no call on the Kristo cfb. I just noticed our guys got away with one trip there couldv been more I guess but don't remember

I watched it on my dvr and the best shot you get is a partial side view that looks like the camera is going into the boards. I didn't see it full on but my nephew said it looked like he was down and slid into the boards and he's not really one to wear green goggles but im not sure. I was pissed about the cfb on kristo that was missed but then he scored and someone else got what looked like a cfb too, cant remember who but no call on that either. Actually i didnt think the penalty the denver guy took on st.clair was a penalty, i think they were just trying to make up for the no call on the Kristo cfb. I just noticed our guys got away with one trip there couldv been more I guess but don't remember

I completely agree. St. Clair did a bit of acting and sold it, but I think this penalty was definitely a makeup call.

• Upvote 1

I watched the webcast and they didn't even really get it on camera at all. I'd be shocked if anyone is able to get a decent video of it.

Happened in a bad spot for the camera guys. But the guy on the red line would have had a great shot of it if he had been following the play.

It was so blatant where we were sitting that my wife (who never knows the score of the game) even saw it. And both officials arms shot up like they were volunteering for more paid vacation.

Gwoz didn't even need to go crazy to get that call.....