SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. DU

AZSIOUX

@SchlossmanGF: RT @MChambersDP: Soph G Jussi Olkinuora, who has allowed just 2 goals in his last 2 games, to start Fri for Pioneers, and might go Sat too

Time for UND to light him up....And just for the record he played against Wisconsin who is goal starved.

Edited by Goon

2 damn solid programs skating this weekend! I hope UND comes out flying, hitting early and often as the general talked about in through these doors! The Animal and The General drop a few pio's!!!

Brad had some good numbers on these 2 programs In the herald today

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=92444

• Every Western Collegiate Hockey Association program has had at least four sub-20 win seasons since the last time either UND or Denver did.

• Since 1997, UND and Denver have combined for 10 Broadmoor Trophies as the league’s playoff champion. The rest of the league has combined for six.

• Either UND or Denver have been in 15 of the last 16 WCHA championship games.

• Since 1997, UND and Denver have combined for 10 MacNaughton Cups — also more than the rest of the league combined.

• Only twice in the last 16 years has both UND and Denver been shutout from winning a league trophy — 2003 and 2007. UND was a Frozen Four team in 2007.

• In the last decade, they rank 1-2 in wins among WCHA teams. UND has 250, Denver has 236. No other WCHA team is within 15 wins.

Is that a nice place? I have never been just wondering.

Pretty nice...lotsa televisions...usually a fair amount of Sioux fans there...watched the UND/DU WCHA playoff game there a few years ago when Andy Schneider scored the game winner...according to Doug Woog, who was sitting about 10 feet away from me, the Sioux fans "blew the roof off the place"...good times...

I just rewatched yesterdays game, I think Senkbeil is a necessity on that fourth line. His reach is an asset, and he has become much more tenacious. After, how he has played, I can't see Chyzyk getting much playing time in the second half, especially if Parks is healthy.

I just rewatched yesterdays game, I think Senkbeil is a necessity on that fourth line. His reach is an asset, and he has become much more tenacious. After, how he has played, I can't see Chyzyk getting much playing time in the second half, especially if Parks is healthy.

Senkbeil terrorized DU last night. He's improved by leaps and bounds. He should try and craft his game into a Malone type of style. Haven't noticed Chyzyk this year. What's the latest word on Parks?

Senkbeil terrorized DU last night. He's improved by leaps and bounds. He should try and craft his game into a Malone type of style. Haven't noticed Chyzyk this year. What's the latest word on Parks?

I believe Parks has a shoulder injury, a different injury than what was ailing him before. There hasn't been any new information on him for a few weeks now. All Brad has been saying is it is looking more and more like we won't see him before Christmas break. I would expect he is almost ready to play, and would be very surprised if he wasn't in the lineup for the first games after break.