SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

And as much as it pains me to say it....If I was a bookie I would have them at even money or better to win it again next year.

Jensen isn't a great QB by any stretch, but he is a winner and winners win.

Their D if healthy will be even better.

How many guys do they lose on defense, i thought i heard only 2?

From Bisonguy on AGS: NDSU loses 4 starters next year- Martin(CB) and Ollman(SS) on defense (Ollman started in place of Heagle who was out due to a knee injury and will be back next year)

Lund © and Bruhn(TE) are the starters lost on offense.

Look at the play by play from the moment that Taylor got hurt and left the game. Their defense quit after that play. They were doing great until he got hurt and I don't think they ever forced a punt again.

Not saying anything about NDSU, just pointing out a sign of a mentally weak team that they would give up like that. NDSU just crushed them in 2nd half.

Tell me more about Williams leaving early for the draft.

More of a zone guy. Does not look comfortable in man.

How many guys do they lose on defense, i thought i heard only 2?

Just a #10 Bobby Ollman. He is a backup/sometimes starter. So...depending on how you look at things....just sorta kinda 1.

Disregard. Forgot about Martin. Whoopsies.

Bison also got their best dlinemen back, Leevon Perry who was lost to injury earlier in the year.

Marcus Williams has played man coverage his entire year at NDSU, and is the reason why Williams is being looked at for the NFL. He will not go next year, he's enlisting to see what he needs to work on for the following year like the majority of underclassmen being looked at. I don't think he'll ever be more than a mid round gu yat best, and if he doesn't improve on his performances the last 3 games he will not play in the NFL at all.

@CraigHaley: @NDSUAthletics All-America CB Marcus Williams told me after title game he won't be entering the NFL Draft as a junior-eligible player.

Maybe because his signing bonus would be unlikely to cover his rent?

Williams is a good player. Maybe an NFL player someday. But this BS about leaving early is a bunch of Fargo echo chamber nonsense. You know who leaves early? Projected first rounders, or guys that are desperate to leave for one reason or another. edit: what sycophant from the ac twitter account would even ask that question? The "sports guy" from the school paper?

• Upvote 1

From Bisonguy on AGS: NDSU loses 4 starters next year- Martin(CB) and Ollman(SS) on defense (Ollman started in place of Heagle who was out due to a knee injury and will be back next year)

Lund © and Bruhn(TE) are the starters lost on offense.

So basically not much lost on either side of the ball.

LMAO

No rational Bison fan was saying he would leave early.

The rumor got started on the Bohl show because the dude running it made a reference comment too it, and Bohl impied Marcus is enlisting papers to get an idea of his evaluation, which is what the majority of all junior players who are on scouts radar do.

So basically not much lost on either side of the ball.

Bison going to be real good. Maybe anothe run, maybe not. GSU is returning vitrually everyone as well, and I could not be happier they went FBS. That game was a nightmare white knuckler all the way through, and Bison would not have won if it was in GSU.

Back to back minor league champions. This is like comparing the AHL championship to the Stanley Cup. Well the Bison are still trying to run with the big dogs even though they are still pissing like a puppy.

Exactly. The D1 championship will be on national tv (not espn2) this Monday. Cant wait for it!!!!

• Upvote 1

Everyone stop with the jv championship bs. It's ridiculous. What did it count for when we won in d2? Stop being insecure about the success that ndsu is enjoying right now, it's pathetic. Most of it is probably a result of the hockey team not being able to get it done for the past 12 years.

And not the job Muss has done?