SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Notre Dame - gobble gobble

AZSIOUX

As a big Notre Dame fan, I may take the time to plug in to this game. As much as I love ragging on you people, hockey can be fun to watch from time to time.

Go Irish. The real ND! Watching the Irish beat NoDak and 'SC the same weekend....oh so much potential happiness!

As a big Notre Dame fan, I may take the time to plug in to this game. As much as I love ragging on you people, hockey can be fun to watch from time to time.

Go Irish. The real ND! Watching the Irish beat NoDak and 'SC the same weekend....oh so much potential happiness!

You've posted 1,266 times on a UND forum and you are not a fan?!? Odd.

@SchlossmanGF: Good news UND fans: Notre Dame will have a free webcast of this weekend's games

Would like to see the number of viewers they get this weekend from Sioux fans. Can't believe a network such as NHL or hell anyone wouldn't pick at least a game up this weekend.

Posted on this Monday along with the link.

Or extreme depression if they lose...

Irish football win puts them in natl championship game? Go Trojans!

If you compare early season Strength of Schedule i believe Notre Dame has had the tougher schedule (but not by a ton). And given the fact that they have home ice this weekend I think Notre Dame has to be favored to pull the sweep or 3 points. (We) North Dakota have all the makings of playing well in this series. Coach Hak usually has a good niche' for winning, or splitting these early season game that will factor huge in end of season PairWise! The Fighting Sioux have the talent to win both games, but will we? If the game stays a defensive battle i give us the edge. Dan and Rocco have had individual highlight plays all season, and i doubt Rocco is going to continue to hit all the posts. If i remember right Dan hit 2 posts last weekend also! Notre Dame is deep in talent and history, just like The Sioux...I expect a great weekend, and pray for a split...It's time to get rolling boys!!! Go Fighting Sioux!!!

Goaltending will be key if UND expects to leave South Bend with any points. UND gave up roughly 40 SOG per game last weekend vs. UMD and if that trend continues, Clark and/or Zane might have to steal a game.

• Upvote 1

You've posted 1,266 times on a UND forum and you are not a fan?!? Odd.

I enjoy cheering against UND a lot. Plus I enjoy message boards.

Or extreme depression if they lose...

I should probably get an appointment with a therapist for Monday just in case.

Irish football win puts them in natl championship game? Go Trojans!

Yes. Please don't cheer for the Trojans. I make you folks a deal. If the Irish win the football game, and one of the hockey games, I will not post until my surgery December 17.

So UND is currently struggling defensively? Is this due to goaltending or the skaters not doing their job?

We should show the FIGHTING IRISH and the HYPOCRITICAL NC$$ how hostile and abusive we can be to an opposing hockey team, just ask the Minnesota goofers, yes I realize how I spelled that.

Throw potatoes on the ice.

Hold up a sign with a cut-out picture of the Prime Minister of Ireland's face and add a red beard and leprachaun outfit and have their "dukes" up. According to the University of Notre Dame, all Irish people are drunken, brawling leprachauns.

(Where's Ryan Cardinal and the Gopher !@#!$! brigade on this one? Do they only care about hostile and abusive nicknames of non-white groups of people? Where is the moral outrage?)

Throw potatoes on the ice.

Hold up a sign with a cut-out picture of the Prime Minister of Ireland's face and add red beard and leprachaun outfit and have their "dukes" up. According to the University of Notre Dame, all Irish people are drunken, brawling leprachauns.

The nickname may have been given to them by Northwestern fans chanting "Kill the Fighting Irish." Another story is that several of the players had Irish last names were yelled at by a teammate who said, "What is the matter with you guys? You are all Irish and not fighting worth a lick."

In United States' history, the Fighting Irish is the nickname of an Irish immigrant brigade in the Civil War. Who are all dead. And can't be offended ;)

The nickname may have been given to them by Northwestern fans chanting "Kill the Fighting Irish." Another story is that several of the players had Irish last names were yelled at by a teammate who said, "What is the matter with you guys? You are all Irish and not fighting worth a lick."

In United States' history, the Fighting Irish is the nickname of an Irish immigrant brigade in the Civil War. Who are all dead. And can't be offended ;)

That doesn't matter.

If it takes that long to explain why it's not racist, you obviously have a problem.

I'm part Irish and I'm deeply offended by it. Stop with the excuses.

I enjoy cheering against UND a lot. Plus I enjoy message boards.

I should probably get an appointment with a therapist for Monday just in case.

Yes. Please don't cheer for the Trojans. I make you folks a deal. If the Irish win the football game, and one of the hockey games, I will not post until my surgery December 17.

So UND is currently struggling defensively? Is this due to goaltending or the skaters not doing their job?

Absolutely the skaters. Alot of uncharacteristic in-zone turnovers and holding onto the puck much too long. The goalies have both been solid. It had been a weird season so far, if they would've played a little better they could be 10-0, if they played a little worse they could easily by 2-8.

That doesn't matter.

If it takes that long to explain why it's not racist, you obviously have a problem.

I'm part Irish and I'm deeply offended by it. Stop with the excuses.

also, Irish isn't a race. As Marshall says on How I Met Your Mother, "Lawyered."

I'll take a split with the Irish and a Irish win over the Trojans and call it good.

Why are you changing the subject? ? ? ? ??? ??? ??? ???Do you not want to talk about Notre Dame's disgusting and offensive nickname?

I understand you are being sarcastic, but if you want to get technical, a couple of the trophies the irish football team plays for were made in Ireland and they have played multiple football games in Ireland. Doesn't hurt that they are the most high-profile college athletics program in the country and get to live by their own rules. Also doesn't hurt that they chose a white group of people to name themselves after.

I'll take a UND sweep and a ND victory over USC (only so 'bama can beat them 42-3 and show how flawed the BCS polls are).

The BCS polls aren't flawed this season. Notre Dame, as has been stated, has several big wins and is undefeated. No one else can say that. Notre Dame has given up 10 points per game. I don't think anyone in the country would score 42 points on them.