SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ St. Cloud - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Just for clarity

The no goal ruling was beyond sketchy. I have it recorded on my direct TV receiver and it is 100% clear, absolutly no question about it. 100% clear that there is white between the puck and the red line. Further you can see the Goalies stick clearly in a line that intersects the water bottle even further into the net, the camera refresh rate just simply does not have a frame image of the puck as it hits the stick. But that is irrelevant as I said, there is a still frame of the puck clearly over the red line. So unless the camera is NOT directly above the goal line. It is a NO QUESTION goal.

What really concerns me is that I was able to see this in about 30 seconds after they played the overhead angle on the NESN broadcast. So I can see this in a few seconds with a third generation picture and the refs- Don Adams doesn't see this in the booth?

I think Don Adams may be attracted to the power trip of making calls controversial? Just a theory??

...BTW I am disappointed in Goon as he posted on the his blog after the game that it was a good call based on his internet video feed. Goon, it was a complete blown call and further it was suspicious because there was NO WAY they did not see that.

One more note, I can't believe hockey rules have not come up with a rule on the water bottle. The bottle should be attacked to the back bar of the net so it cannot interfere with the above ange camera shot.

Note:

I just notice that Rw77 posted the blog in Goon's Blog so it was not Goon but Redwing. I would have just edited my post but there seems to be some error in editing a post at the moment (I'm getting HTML code with "hello world" in it when I click the edit button? Wierd huh?

Just for clarity

The no goal ruling was beyond sketchy. I have it recorded on my direct TV receiver and it is 100% clear, absolutly no question about it. 100% clear that there is white between the puck and the red line. Further you can see the Goalies stick clearly in a line that intersects the water bottle even further into the net, the camera refresh rate just simply does not have a frame image of the puck as it hits the stick. But that is irrelevant as I said, there is a still frame of the puck clearly over the red line. So unless the camera is NOT directly above the goal line. It is a NO QUESTION goal.

What really concerns me is that I was able to see this in about 30 seconds after they played the overhead angle on the NESN broadcast. So I can see this in a few seconds with a third generation picture and the refs- Don Adams doesn't see this in the booth?

I think Don Adams may be attracted to the power trip of making calls controversial? Just a theory??

...BTW I am disappointed in Goon as he posted on the his blog after the game that it was a good call based on his internet video feed. Goon, it was a complete blown call and further it was suspicious because there was NO WAY they did not see that.

One more note, I can't believe hockey rules have not come up with a rule on the water bottle. The bottle should be attacked to the back bar of the net so it cannot interfere with the above ange camera shot.

You could see it was a goal when NESN showed the replay while the refs were reviewing it. Pattyn and the Sioux got hosed once again by Adams. Some things never change.

Perhaps bringing Adams into the NCHC is a brilliant move. It assures that he won't be officiating an NCAA hockey game involving teams from the NCHC, when it really counts. Perhaps they should bring along the Sheppards and Todd Anderson as well.

Obviously a tough call for the officials in real time (and even replay), but there appears to be a sliver of white space between the puck and the goal line

11u7na0.jpg

I don't agree that it was a tough call in replay. In slow motion one can clearly observe the puck crossing the line. It is definitive.

I have to believe they knew it was a goal.

At this point what I wonder is what the process of league review is?

Hak's first year is when Paukovich almost killed Bina and got a two minute penalty for it. Was it before or after that?

It was before that. So it would have been when Blais was coach. It was probably around 98-2000. Seem to recall it was probably a period of time from early in 1 season until late in the next. I am pretty sure hennessey has brought it up before.

And the sad part about it is nothing will happen with Adams, we the fans and the FIGHTING SIOUX mens hockey team just have to deal with it. It pisses me off just to say that. Reminds me of that lame intent to blow the whistle rule, which has anyone ever heard of that rule in any other game besides that Sioux game?

It was before that. So it would have been when Blais was coach. It was probably around 98-2000. Seem to recall it was probably a period of time from early in 1 season until late in the next. I am pretty sure hennessey has brought it up before.

Someone told me about this not too long ago. Did it have something to do with Commodore also?

Just reading through this thread for the first time after being in St. Cloud this weekend for the games and like a few others have mentioned the refs didn't cost UND this game. This was easily their worst Saturday night effort of the year. Other than the first 10-12 minutes of the game, the Sioux were outskated and outmuscled consistently. Saunders kept them in the game for long stretches. I actually believe the Sioux got a way with quite a few slashes and trips throughout the game but the Kristo dive was a bad call as was the CFB. The reason I say the CFB was a bad call because anyone watching the game should've noticed that Drew LeBlanc might be the toughtest player in the WCHA to knock off the puck and Schmaltz, although talented, isn't very strong yet and LeBlanc crumbled the moment he felt contact. I think that was the only time all weekend I saw LeBlanc hit the ice. He certainly sold the call.

My last rant has to do with the second goal. After a great penalty kill of the major penalty, the very next shift St. Cloud scores due to an incredibly lazy play by Kristo standing still and letting a St. Cloud player grab the puck and skate it down into the Sioux zone and they end up scoring. I believe this was the key momentum shift in the game as all the momentum should have swung the Sioux's way after the big kill and they give up a goal 30 seconds later. I think Hak layed into Kristo pretty good on the bench after that shift.

I listened to game one on the radio and I watched game two on my DVR last night when I got home... The game on Saturday night was one of the worst officiated games that I have seen in some time. On the way back from Cando on Saturday night Hakstol was livid after the game about the officiating. I think that the NCHC coaches made a huge mistake by making him the head of officials.

Someone told me about this not too long ago. Did it have something to do with Commodore also?

If I remember correctly it involved comments he made to the effect that he makes it a point to look for reasons to call penalties on guys like Commodore, etc. He may have even actually singled out Commodore as a target of his affection...I'm guessing that would get a ref suspended for calling a certain team's games.

I listened to game one on the radio and I watched game two on my DVR last night when I got home... The game on Saturday night was one of the worst officiated games that I have seen in some time. On the way back from Cando on Saturday night Hakstol was livid after the game about the officiating. I think that the NCHC coaches made a huge mistake by making him the head of officials.

Yeah, not a good night. Team didn't play all that well and of course Don Adam.....and of course TH has a way of getting the best lines out of Hak.

I don't think players "sneak" out of their hotels necessarily. I think their coaches treat them like the adults that they are and give them more freedom than you might think. I know our guys have gone out on Friday nights during away series'. The team hotels are usually in an area where most joints are within walking distance.

I don't think players "sneak" out of their hotels necessarily. I think their coaches treat them like the adults that they are and give them more freedom than you might think. I know our guys have gone out on Friday nights during away series'. The team hotels are usually in an area where most joints are within walking distance.

Exactly big, I've seen players out both nights having dinner with a buddy and that goes back many years in many cities home or away. You don't have to sneak out of your hotel to see a buddy or two and have a bite or whatever they are doing.

Better team won on Saturday night. Doesn't make up for Adam not having a clue for either side. He did not cost UND the game, no way no how. But its frustrating as hell when everyone and their dog knows whats coming with him, and he seems to outdo himself every time.

He could start his tenure as head of officials in the new league by putting together video clips of his screw ups as a learning device for new officials.

Actually, Wilbur you could do that and send the video to the new commish informing him that you have some ideas for Adams first training sessions!!

never said he drank just he was at applebees late after the game friday with a bu player who im assuming snuck out of the hotel

Maybe said player had an excuse and wanted to hang out with an old team mate? Also, Jack Parker is pretty old school, I would imagine that Parker was advised of this.