SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ St. Cloud - Saturday

AZSIOUX

It's true we could've played better and won, but why should we have to overcome bad reffing all the time? Sometimes a good team can barely win a game even when they are flat and that's how it should be.

How many points have been left on the board from this stuff, over the years? how many pairwise comparisons have been lost? How many national tournament seeding spots have we dropped?

The unfortunate thing is that the talk will be about the officiating, which was pretty poor, but the Sioux flat got outskated. They got beat when it was 5 on 5 too.

Agree, Dom Adam just got in the way as usual..splitsville this weekend..

It's so early but this team isn't scoring even close to their potential. Let's open those flood gates next weekend vs the dogz

It's true we could've played better and won, but why should we have to overcome bad reffing all the time? Sometimes a good team can barely win a game even when they are flat and that's how it should be.

How many points have been left on the board from this stuff? how many pairwise comparisons have been lost? How many national tournament seeding spots have we dropped?

Why not finish the thought and ask how many national championships have been lost? I grow tired of the officiating excuse. Just rise above it

• Upvote 2

The officiating is not the reason UND lost tonight. They had plenty of chances to score and failed to capitalize. They missed on multiple open nets, hit some posts, shot high and wide...

Grimaldi, Kristo and Knight are a little snake bitten at the moment. Hopefully the goals will come.

Also, the defense needs to buckle down. UND can't continue to allow 30-40 SOG, especially in the WCHA. Saunders and Gothberg can only do so much.

I think a lot of people were hoping for a sweep but realistically probably thought a split would be ok this weekend. St.Cloud is gonna be a top 5 challenger in the WCHA and will only get better with Hanowski coming back. There are a lot of good chances that we are just missing that I think will start to go our way. Parks should be close to back and he will add some scoring depth to the lineup and allow Hak to do a few different things with the lines, overall I'm really not to worried about this team and think they will start clicking a little better very soon.

How many points have been left on the board from this stuff, over the years? how many pairwise comparisons have been lost? How many national tournament seeding spots have we dropped?

Man up. We got beat on the ice by a team that outskated and outhustled us. SCSU deserved the win.

The refs sucked, but we would have gotten beat anyway.

The fact is that's two bad 5 minute majors called against us already this year. And we see similar plays happen against us that gets a 2 minute penalty.

I don't care if we won or lost tonight, it should make you mad that we are always getting screwed on these calls.

I agree we were sloppy and flat tonight, so no excuses. We lost. Still, bad officiating is bad officiating and I'm not going to ignore it or deflect the blame onto our players.

Toss out the refs excuses people! St. Cloud dominated many facets of the game. They won many board battles, out skating UND and their D stepped up all night creating havoc for UND's transition game in the neutral zone while trying to obtain/enter the offensive zone.

St. Cloud was better and deserved to win tonight.

SCSU deserved to win, so it's OK that the reffing in this league sucks?

I don't see the connection between those two propositions.

anyway, tough game. hopefully, we play a lot better next time. And maybe two good performances in one weekend would be something for us to try...

Good night everybody.

The reffing in the league has been brutal for years. What is anyone going to do about it? Oh, that's right, nothing! It is what it is. Nothing is going to change.

SCSU deserved to win, so it's OK that the reffing in this league sucks?

I don't see the connection between those two propositions.

anyway, tough game. hopefully, we play a lot better next time. And maybe two good performances in one weekend would be something for us to try...

Good night everybody.

True, but what can the team do to actually control the bad officiating? Nothing. As you said, putting together two good performances is within their control and should be the focus.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, he hasn't looked too confident in his own zone.

That's true. It's as if he lacks confidence unless he is carrying it out of the zone.

Is it my imagination or do our Dmen seem to hold the puck a long time before making the first outlet pass? That may be a scheme, but they often seem to hold it until the lane closes.

Don't know if the major penalty changed anything in the way of outcome or not, but wonder if St. Cloud scoring after the penalty was over took the wind out of the sails. I do think that 5-minute majors can really impact the outcome of a game one way or the other, perhaps more than any single goal could. It wouldn't totally bother me to see any check from behind reviewed like some goals are, simply because they basically could have the same effect on a game.

It sure would be nice if the Sioux could start the season with the intensity level they have once their season is in trouble from the terrible starts they have under Hakstol. I believe a major reason they have not been able to win a championship under Hakstol is the fact that they usually have little margin for error in the second half. By the time the NC$$ tourny begins the team is playing with a lot of injuries and they are exhausted physically and emotionally, not a good recipe for winning 4 straight road/nuetral games against tough competition.

On the goal review tonight, Pattyn's shot clearly crossed the line, there is no doubt when you watch the overhead in slow motion.

The announcers comment that the puck went straight up and if it had crossed the line it would have hit the cage is just not true.

The puck did not go straight up it was deflected out at an angle. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it was a goal.

The only conclusion I can come to is that Adam/Walsh have no integrity and are trying to screw UND or they are incompetent. Take your pick, I think a case can me made for either one.

Can't wait for the NCHC. Let's see, so far we lost our national TV contract and Adam will be the head of the officials. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Hey, if there are any young players out there that are thinking about coming to UND: Don't bother. You will get consistently screwed by the idiotic refs, even in your own barn. And your own fans will look the other way rather than risk being accused of making excuses. They'll even try to find reasons to blame you, rather than face the reality of the reffing situation.

you're welcome in advance for saving you the trouble.

Or you can hope things will change in the brand new conference, next year. We all just have to hope.

There's a lot of negativity here...

:)

Go Sioux :)

They were outplayed almost 2 of 3 periods tonight. Don adam was horrific as usual but it isn't the reason UND lost but seriously I cannot believe he will be head of officials in new league. He must know somebody. Big stretch coming up with Duluth and the golden domers. Stack that top line. Kristo can skate with Grimaldi and his acceleration!