SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana St Game........ Thats Montana St not NDSU

geaux_sioux

I look at this game as an opportunity, and the only real one left on the schedule, to show that the EWU game was an aberration. Given where our defense is right now, I can deal with competitive losses on the road against highly-ranked teams, but not even being competitive is inexcusable.

• Upvote 1

I initially had thoughts about making the trip for this game. However due to work obligations, and the way the season turned, I have decided against it this year.

A couple of things have me worried about this game. First off, the cats are coming off a loss and have had two weeks to think about it as well as to prepare for UND. I also believe the weather could play a factor. I know we have a lot of "cold weather" guys on the team and we practice outdoors. However, how many of them have played a game in cold weather conditions and had to execute at a high level against a high quality opponent for 60 minutes? With the offense we have, I think we can play with any team in the country. With the defense we have, we can lose to any team in the country. Hopefully we can play some defense and sneak out a win but as of now I don't like our chances. I reserve my right to change my mind later in the week however...as others have stated...it depends on what type of pep talk geaux_sioux gives throughout the week. :)

Here's a link to MSU's message board...some funny look a likes on there already...

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewforum.php?f=20

I think people are a little too down on this teams chances this week. We have been in and had a chance against every team we played except EWU where Hanson was coming off an injury and it was just a bad game overall. Despite the Cal Poly score, we certainly could have won that game as well. Its not like those other games were against easy competition also. I think the game will be close and hopefully we have a chance to pull it out at the end.

Anybody know how soon the video on demand shows up on Bigskytv? I'm heading to China on Friday, getting there on Saturday night but with the time difference the game will be on around 3am on Sunday morning. Hoping I'll be able to watch it right away the next morning before I browse the net and see the score.

Most Montana State fans, and I do agree with them, believe UND has a chance only if MSU starts turning the ball over. It's hard to predict that but with the weather (chance of rain/snow), anything is possible in terms of turnovers. I'd say the only change UND wins is if they lead the turnover battle by at least 2 turnovers, and there is absolutely no way they win if they lose the turnover battle.

Has anyone heard anything on Kleason's status? It's getting to the point now where a medical hardship year might be an option. Thoughts?

He's been on the sideline in street clothes all year. No updates probably isn't a good thing, but with three games to go, maybe he doesn't even risk it and hopes to get a medical redshirt (if another year is something he's interested in).

Most Montana State fans, and I do agree with them, believe UND has a chance only if MSU starts turning the ball over. It's hard to predict that but with the weather (chance of rain/snow), anything is possible in terms of turnovers. I'd say the only change UND wins is if they lead the turnover battle by at least 2 turnovers, and there is absolutely no way they win if they lose the turnover battle.

Agree with assessment above. I really liked UND last week vs. Griz having seen Griz play earlier in year, but the 'Cats are on a different level...and at home. My gut says this one has ugly written all over it.