SiouxSports.com Forum

Bison Football - Not smart enough to understand

Rick

I would like to know if there was ever any evidence Kristo's injuries were related to alcohol. I understood he was trying to walk to his girlfriend's apartment and tried a shortcut across Ray Richards Golf Course where his shoes came off in the deep snow and he lost them. Maybe not very smart, but not necessarily drunk. I wasn't there so I don't know for sure. I do know that I read that his frostbite was not a result of being drunk. Anyone know the facts? Always amazes me how the truth gets trampled on blogs. Maybe that was the case, but I was told otherwise.

You are telling me a sober person would continue running after shoes falling off?

Thread derailed. Not my intent with original comment.

You are telling me a sober person would continue running after shoes falling off?

If you are half way between locations, in the middle of a golf course and it's very cold, what are you going to do? His choices would be go to one location or the other, or spend time trying to find the shoe, in the dark and buried in snow. He may have decided that it would be better to go to one of the locations rather than spend time trying to find a shoe in a snowbank in the dark. As cold as it was, he may have suffered frostbite from having cold wet feet whether he found the shoe or not. I wasn't there, and you weren't there, so it is very hard to know exactly what happened and why.

I would like to know if there was ever any evidence Kristo's injuries were related to alcohol. I understood he was trying to walk to his girlfriend's apartment and tried a shortcut across Ray Richards Golf Course where his shoes came off in the deep snow and he lost them. Maybe not very smart, but not necessarily drunk. I wasn't there so I don't know for sure. I do know that I read that his frostbite was not a result of being drunk. Anyone know the facts? Always amazes me how the truth gets trampled on blogs. Maybe that was the case, but I was told otherwise.

Brad Schlossman also asked him if this incident was alcohol related and he said no...

Brad Schlossman also asked him if this incident was alcohol related and he said no...

honestly what did you think he would say? 'Yeah, I was hammered' was not about to be his answer whether he was sober or not. His decision to attempt the walk is consistent with being drunk, we all know that person who will always claim they'll just 'walk home' no matter how far away it is or what the weather is. The behavior is also consistent with a young dumb kid who still has a developing brain. His being sober or drunk cannot be confirmed nor denied. BAC half full or half empty?

That's how I recall it. It was narrowed down to alcohol or stupidity....or some combination thereof.

honestly what did you think he would say? 'Yeah, I was hammered' was not about to be his answer whether he was sober or not. His decision to attempt the walk is consistent with being drunk, we all know that person who will always claim they'll just 'walk home' no matter how far away it is or what the weather is. The behavior is also consistent with a young dumb kid who still has a developing brain. His being sober or drunk cannot be confirmed nor denied. BAC half full or half empty?

College kids do a lot of stupid things, whether they are sober or drunk. Witness the NDSU football players forging signatures. That's why I don't assume that Kristo was drinking that night.

Your telling me a bunch of 20 something year old kids would forge names and not know it is wrong?

By the way- If I had to place money I would say Kristo was drunk when his offense happened. However stupid it was though, no actual laws were broken.

The behavior is also consistent with a young dumb kid who still has a developing brain. His being sober or drunk cannot be confirmed nor denied. BAC half full or half empty?

So, are you saying when you don't know for sure or you can't confirm it, and he says he wasn't drunk, you should just assume that he was? Should we use that logic with everything or just this case? Do you think the police should have gone over there and wrote him a ticket for minor consumption?

Your telling me a bunch of 20 something year old kids would forge names and not know it is wrong?

By the way- If I had to place money I would say Kristo was drunk when his offense happened. However stupid it was though, no actual laws were broken.

He was drunk and the story in the paper according to a teammate,. who I got to know pretty good, of his the story he told was pure BS. He was trying to get away from a pissed off boyfriend.

He was drunk and the story in the paper according to a teammate,. who I got to know pretty good, of his the story he told was pure BS. He was trying to get away from a pissed off boyfriend.

Hit the sauce a little early tonight watchmaker? LOL

So, are you saying when you don't know for sure or you can't confirm it, and he says he wasn't drunk, you should just assume that he was? Should we use that logic with everything or just this case? Do you think the police should have gone over there and wrote him a ticket for minor consumption?

You can't be serious can you? Do you.understand what I wrote? No, all you saw was the word drunk. Read the whole post, let it sink in, maybe read it a third time then maybe you will understand that I made not one accusation

I don't know if any of you remember or ever even heard about the cartoon the ed page of the St. Paul Pioneer press ran 14 years ago. It was during the height of the Clem Haskin cheating scandal where people were writing papers and such for the basketball team. The cartoon depicted a couple of old white guys in the stands watching a bunch of young black men playing basketball. The caption was "Of course, we don't let them learn to read or write." They caught hell for this because people did not get it at first. They thought it was depicting the players in a bad light when in fact it was a blast at the white fans. The white fans using the young black men to play basketball for them for their bragging rghts and enjoyment and not caring if they ever learned anything. At the time only 1 in 4 players graduated and it has not gotten any better really. How close is this to the same way the Bison fans look at their players? How many would give these kids a job since they can not even handle $9 an hour job right? How many would welcome them into their homes to take out their daughters?

Dang this is as long as a 82Siouxguy post. Probably not as well written as he would have though.

I don't know why anyone would assume Kristo wasn't drunk. Maybe he wasn't, but I'd say the best thing to assume is that he was.

Why do you have to assume anything? Does it affect you or your life? His problem doesn't affect my life, and I haven't made any assumptions about it either way. I try not to make assumptions about things, especially when it doesn't affect me. Kristo suffered an injury during his personal life. Luckily, it doesn't look like it caused a permanent problem. Whether he was drunk or stupid, I hope that he either has learned a lesson from it, or that he eventually does learn a lesson from it. But I don't know why you have to assume anything.
  • Upvote 1

The 4 underclassmen that the police dealt with in the dorm were all being charged with minors. The team did not announce what their punishment would be at UND. The captains and several others were suspended for a game because of the situation, but were not charged with anything by the State's Attorney. In addition, the entire team will be taking alcohol awareness classes, doing community service and are on a form of school probation.

Why weren't the captains charged? Someone had to have supplied the minors with the alcohol. One of the captains was present when the police were at the dorm. You would think when a minor has to be admitted to a hospital for alcohol poisoning there would be an investigation into who supplied it.

Why weren't the captains charged? Someone had to have supplied the minors with the alcohol. One of the captains was present when the police were at the dorm. You would think when a minor has to be admitted to a hospital for alcohol poisoning there would be an investigation into who supplied it.

My guess is a lack of actual evidence. You can investigate all you want, but there are rules of evidence and if you can't meet those rules you can't prosecute. Evidence needed would probably include some kind of a paper trail, video evidence or some kind of actual evidence that specific alcohol was provided to specific individuals. If multiple people brought alcohol, and it was a party so multiple people probably brought alcohol, how could they prove which person supplied the alcohol that a specific minor consumed. If only 1 or 2 people supplied all of the alcohol, they might be able to prosecute them. But I highly doubt that only 1 or 2 people supplied alcohol for a college party. And even then it could be hard to prove that the minors didn't consume alcohol some other place also.

I'm not sure who you are referring to as a captain that was present at the dorms. The captains and assistants are MacWilliam, Kristo, Rowney and Knight. I don't remember them being listed as present at the dorm when 911 was called or when the police were present. Derek Forbert has been listed as present in the dorm, he is not a captain.

I believe it is quite difficult to get someone in trouble for supplying. Paper trail required and such. The police don't find out I believe when people are admitted to the hospital because that would encourage people to NOT go to the hospital.

I believe it is quite difficult to get someone in trouble for supplying. Paper trail required and such. The police don't find out I believe when people are admitted to the hospital because that would encourage people to NOT go to the hospital.

I agree. It may have been a different story if the cops had raided a house party where the captain(s) lived and minors were present. In that case the cop "witnesses" the misdemeanor which is usually a requirement for the charge.