SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

I don't care if it's common knowledge or not, no matter what the circumstance, I doubt you'd ever hear Dave Hakstol make a quote like Lucia did. Just another example of why players will skate through a cement wall for Hak and Lucia's players won't skate through a paper wall for him.

:lol: I needed a laugh today thanks!

And I don't know about skating through cement or paper walls but I do know that Lucia's players skated hard enough to put a couple rings on his fingers.

I heard this from someone 'in the know' a long time ago...supposedly after it was announced that ZP was heading to Grand Forks, Lou Nanne and and very ticked-off Glen Sonmoor immediately made a short drive to Faribault under the old 'family visit' schtick to try to talk ZP out of his decision. A day later, a certain coach whose name I won't divulge here (but it rhymes with Lean Phrase) called Don Lucia and told him to call off the dogs.

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few days and just saw this. This was reported on KFAN when it happened. I remember very clearly. I don't know about the Dean Blais part, because that part wasn't reported. But the first part of it was reported by the media and I don't think it was ever refuted, so I think we can accept that part as fact.

He certainly would have played, but he wouldn't have played significant minutes this season. The loss will be felt more long-term than it will be this year. They have Collins and Glover coming in from the NTDP next year, but might have to pickup another 2014-2015 D commit if they lose more Dmen after this season than expected.

I think these are fair points. Losing a 2nd round draft pick always sucks, but Goldy will be OK.

I don't care if it's common knowledge or not, no matter what the circumstance, I doubt you'd ever hear Dave Hakstol make a quote like Lucia did. Just another example of why players will skate through a cement wall for Hak and Lucia's players won't skate through a paper wall for him.

And I don't know about skating through cement or paper walls but I do know that Lucia's players skated hard enough to put a couple rings on his fingers.

Ouch Rick, Mariucci just put you in a box with the rings comeback.

With Doug Woog's recruits...a couple of non-Minnesotans and a foreigner (gasp!)...

In his defense, if he had said for personal reasons you would be saying that it's because:

a) The program is in shambles

b) That Lucia's not developing players so St. Louis wanted him to leave

c) Because Lucia sucks

d) Fill in more because I can't think of what else you guys would say

:D

I think that hockey in Ohio, is like way behind, oh let’s see, OSU Football, OSU basketball, Professional football and Baseball and I would be willing to bet that probably even Eldora Speedway, since they draw way more fans than OSU Hockey. If you don't believe me check it out.

Minnesota has UofM football, UofM basketball, professional football, baseball, and basketball. Heck, even the professional soccer team in Minnesota is close to having higher attendance than Gophers hockey and most people don't even know Minnesota has a professional soccer team. It's highly possible for Ohio State to increase their attendance, especially with a school as big as Ohio State is

Minnesota has UofM football, UofM basketball, professional football, baseball, and basketball. Heck, even the professional soccer team in Minnesota is close to having higher attendance than Gophers hockey and most people don't even know Minnesota has a professional soccer team. It's highly possible for Ohio State to increase their attendance, especially with a school as big as Ohio State is

But they won't... They also let go a top-notch coach as well.

Not sure how many times this needs to be repeated but there were only 6 Woog recruits left in 2002 and 1 in 2003 who didn't even play(Nick Anthony).

Grant Potulny will be a head coaching candidate at North Dakota at some point in the not so distant future. Consider him a modern day Dean Blais you fricken rubes. Oh, and Mariucci is right.

Grant Potulny will be a head coaching candidate at North Dakota at some point in the not so distant future. Consider him a modern day Dean Blais you fricken rubes. Oh, and Mariucci is right.

That would suck. But if my assumption is correct that Guentzel is our next coach then I suppose it makes sense that Grant would eventually get an opportunity somehwhere else. It's still pretty early in his career though to be talking about being the head man at a premier program but I think he has great potential. He was maybe the best captain the Gophers have ever had.

Because you have facts to support this or just because it hurts your argument?

Here's the last four seasons of their attendance. I don’t see it all of a sudden improving, there’s no evidence to support your argument. Face facts, there just isn’t any interest in OSU Hockey. Just because your say something 100 times doesn’t mean you win an argument. I have facts to back up my argument.

19 Ohio State 18 72,066 4,004 17,500 22.9

14 Ohio State 16 82,854 5,178 17,500 29.6

18 Ohio State 17 65,093 3,829 17,500 21.9

24 Ohio State 20 61,913 3,096 17,500 17.7

Thats' an average of 23.025 percent full.

Facts free here but it probably can't hurt OSU to be playing in a league with all Little Six teams.

Skating through different type of walls and matching the wall material to specific coaches...That's some pretty good hyperbole and considering the source I would expect nothing less.

This much I know. Vannelli was one of three pretty good defensemen the Gophers have coming in. Beyond that it's just noise coming from the usual suspects. If I wanted to add to the noise I could say this...Vanelli would have been given an oppurtunity for playing time along with the other two. I don't know who of the three would have played the most because i'm mostly just "making this $#@!f up as I go", but I'd have gone with...Brodzinski, Vannelli, then Bishoff.

• Upvote 1

Here's the last four seasons of their attendance. I don’t see it all of a sudden improving, there’s no evidence to support your argument. Face facts, there just isn’t any interest in OSU Hockey. Just because your say something 100 times doesn’t mean you win an argument. I have facts to back up my argument.

19 Ohio State 18 72,066 4,004 17,500 22.9

14 Ohio State 16 82,854 5,178 17,500 29.6

18 Ohio State 17 65,093 3,829 17,500 21.9

24 Ohio State 20 61,913 3,096 17,500 17.7

Thats' an average of 23.025 percent full.

It's very disingenuous of you to look at percent of capacity filled. They play in one of if not the biggest arena in the country. You continue to rip their attendance levels when in fact they average over 4k per game which was 19th in the nation last year. They average more fans per game than Miami of Ohio and Western Michigan and only 400 less than SCSU, all 3 are NCHC teams. So while you continue to denegrade the Big Ten hockey conference based on OSU's attendance maybe you should start looking at your own conferences putrid attendance numbers.

It's very disingenuous of you to look at percent of capacity filled. They play in one of if not the biggest arena in the country. You continue to rip their attendance levels when in fact they average over 4k per game which was 19th in the nation last year. They average more fans per game than Miami of Ohio and Western Michigan and only 400 less than SCSU, all 3 are NCHC teams. So while you continue to denegrade the Big Ten hockey conference based on OSU's attendance maybe you should start looking at your own conferences putrid attendance numbers.

If the Gophers were drawing 4,000 fans per game at Williams Arena, you would think your program sucked too. Build a damn hockey arena, OSU. You make a big deal about being Big 10 but your hockey arena screams D3!

• Upvote 1

It's very disingenuous of you to look at percent of capacity filled. They play in one of if not the biggest arena in the country.

If OSU football was played in a stadium with even 5,000 empty seats, it would be considered a campus travesty. But OSU hockey playing in front of 11,000 empty seats is a sign of success?