SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Kind of crazy that UND accounts for nearly half of those under the NCHC. I remember reading that UND currently has around 17 alums in the NHL.

It is crazy. But when I really think about it Denver, CC, UMD, SCSU, WMU, UNO and Miami don't have a whole lot of guys in the NHL that come to mind. Zucker, Schwartz, TJ Brown, Faulk, Ryan Malone...? Miele is still stuck in the AHL, right?

Had everything to do with your post. You skipped over how bad your future league was doing this year. If I had not posted this someone else would have.

Because it had absolutely nothing to do with the future league. It was about the conference races in the WCHA and Hockey East THIS year and how you could tell which teams took care of non-conference business because they're towards the top of the PWR but still battling in the conference with teams solidly out of the tournament.

Big Ten schools also have more national titles than any other conference.

Well, to be fair, 17 of those "Big Ten" titles were actually titles won in the WCHA. As far as I'm concerned, the NCHC has 0 titles and the Big Ten has 0 titles.

• Upvote 2

So... watching some other WCHA hockey before our game starts... Did the Gophers get new jerseys? I don't think I have ever seen these before... they have a stripe around the arm and seem to be a different shade of yellow.

So... watching some other WCHA hockey before our game starts... Did the Gophers get new jerseys? I don't think I have ever seen these before... they have a stripe around the arm and seem to be a different shade of yellow.

Must be their shutout jerseys.

So... watching some other WCHA hockey before our game starts... Did the Gophers get new jerseys? I don't think I have ever seen these before... they have an OLD USED TAMPON colored stripe around the arm and seem to be a different shade of STAGNANT PISS yellow

Fixed your post.

• Upvote 1

Sioux got some good help tonight with Minnesota and UNO both losing. Too bad that MTU couldn't complete the comeback (they were behind 4-0 to SCSU entering the 3rd period and brought it to within 4-3 before losing 5-3).

Hoping for another UND win tomorrow and hopefully some separation in this crazy WCHA race.

Coming in to the weekend, 4 hockey east teams were tied for first in the league. After last night, BC and UMass-Lowell are tied for first, UNH is 1 pt back in 3rd, BU and Providence are tied for 4th and only 2 pts back and Merrimack is only 1 pt behind them. Their race is just as crazy as ours!

Minnesota has worn those before...Can't recall when but I have seen them at least once and probably more often than that.

Did you see Michigan's yellow jersey last night against Ferris State? Yuck.

Yeah, Minnesota has worn 'em a few times this year. In all honesty, I think it's a pretty sharp sweater...for a Gophers jersey anyways.

I like them too, although I may be a bit biased.

Denver completely took Minnesota out of the game last night by playing a clone of Wisconsin's style, literally. Gwozdecky said before the game they couldn't run and gun with Minnesota, but I didn't expect to see that. I've never seen Denver do that before.

Ah yes thanks for clarifying that.....in and out of an epic hockey nap today.

No problem. I was looking around for it after seeing your post and on the reegular FSN there was Big 12 women's BBall. So I had to search to see what channels were for FSN+ as a few other games have been shown on there in the past.