SiouxSports.com Forum

QB Controversy?

bincitysioux

I think the second one had to do with his play. It was in no way just on him but I thought he struggled hitting wide open receivers down the field. I, like everyone else, love his mobility but sometimes he gets happy feet and leaves the pocket too early. I really want to see what Hanson can do for us and hope what he did in the first game wasn't just because of the quality of the opponent.

You'd have to think that if he's not back this week that he will for sure next week. Bones don't take much more than a month to heal.

Hanson making his first start back against a top 10 team on the road is not the most ideal situation to make his comeback start. If Hendrickson was struggling badly, there would be pressure for him to start. but I think that waiting 1 more week for a home game is the ideal scenario Especially since Marcus is filling in nicely. With N. Arizona, Montana, and Montana State the next 3 games on the schedule after EWU, we need Hanson at 100% for those games especially and the rest of the season.

I would guess... it all depends on Hanson's leg... most are in the dark... allegedly he was limping last week on the sideline

Earlier this week on the radio Mussman said that Hanson still had pain and was limping when he jogged as of last week. Mussman was hoping that he would improve more by this week. My guess is that once he gets past the point of having pain while jogging or running, Hanson will play at least part of the game.

Earlier this week on the radio Mussman said that Hanson still had pain and was limping when he jogged as of last week. Mussman was hoping that he would improve more by this week. My guess is that once he gets past the point of having pain while jogging or running, Hanson will play at least part of the game.

I don't think there is a rush on Hanson coming back. Hendrickson is doing fine.

I wonder if that injury will put a little distraction on his throwing especially if he is under pressure.

It just depends on the person. Some recover more quickly and get past the injury, some will have it stuck in their head longer. No way to predict it, although practice is usually a pretty good indicator.

It just depends on the person. Some recover more quickly and get past the injury, some will have it stuck in their head longer. No way to predict it, although practice is usually a pretty good indicator.

Anyone know how his passing is doing in practice?

So obviously the coaches aren't going to say anything as to who will start this Saturday. But who does everyone think will start this weekend? I would have to put my money on Hanson. He is ready to play. I think we need to give him the reigns and see what he can do when he gets a week to prepare to be the starter and play 4 quarters of football.

Mussman just said on the coach's show that that he hasn't talked to either guy yet as to who is starting. I'm dismayed by the fact that he also said that the game will dictate which QB gets the most playing time. Given the effects of how last weeks "game plan" played out, I'd prefer to see one QB take the first snap, the last snap, and all those in between.

Mussman just said on the coach's show that that he hasn't talked to either guy yet as to who is starting. I'm dismayed by the fact that he also said that the game will dictate which QB gets the most playing time. Given the effects of how last weeks "game plan" played out, I'd prefer to see one QB take the first snap, the last snap, and all those in between.

I hate the QB-by-committee approach...makes both guys tight and scared to make the next mistake and they spend more time watching the sidelines to see if the other guy is warming up than trying to figure out the defense.

• Upvote 1

I see Mussman's comments as coach talk. I think he know's which qb is starting but with each having such different strengths he is forcing Northern Arizona to prepare for two completely different styles.

he couldn't just say 'We know who are guy is" and decline to answer whom it is?

I see Mussman's comments as coach talk. I think he know's which qb is starting but with each having such different strengths he is forcing Northern Arizona to prepare for two completely different styles.

They've probably spent 99% of their time watching film trying to figure out how to stop Bauman and the question caught him off guard.

I hate the QB-by-committee approach...makes both guys tight and scared to make the next mistake and they spend more time watching the sidelines to see if the other guy is warming up than trying to figure out the defense.

Totally agree. I've seen enough from both this season to be comfortable with either of them. But the platoon thing makes thing very uncomfortable for both players IMO.