SiouxSports.com Forum

Red Pepper White Sauce Recipe

BobIwabuchiFan

On 9/13/2012 at 12:30 PM, UNDBIZ said:

how do they make the taco meat into a spreadable paste?

I remember back in the day when I made it, we used something like 70/30 hamburger and we really chopped it up.  All the fat made it a little more sticky.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, Esoteric said:

Down here in Tucson a good sweet bread might be a good substitute.  Maybe even a jalapeno sweetbread. 

u do wonder why the tellman's didn't find some friend from ATO that wasn't good at school but was good with food and say "you wanna open up a red pepper in tucson or mesa?"....here's your bus ticket!

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u do wonder why the tellman's didn't find some friend from ATO that wasn't good at school but was good with food and say "you wanna open up a red pepper in tucson or mesa?"....here's your bus ticket!

I understand that Red Pepper hardly claims to be Mexican, and I also realize that there are plenty of GF/UND folks down in AZ, but you're talking about putting a semi-Mexicanish restaurant in arguably the heart of the best Mexican cuisine in the USA.  If ya gotta have a grinder in Arizona, just order off Goldbelly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 2:02 PM, Uduplr said:

What is meant by “Generic Salad Dressing” ?  Is Generic Ranch style Dressing what being called for in the White Sauce ?

Like Miracle Whip, but generic.  It's not "salad dressing" as in the lettuce dish definition of the word.

Like this:

Sysco Classic Salad Dressing | Shop | Sullivan's Foods

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

OK, I don't get it.  

I went to the west side RP three times over lunch over the last two weeks.  Tacos are nice, same price as TJ's, but better.  Well worth it. 

Enchiladas, cost much more, but are excellent! 

Grinders are boring as hell, all you taste is the sweet bread, like a bland sandwich on Hawaiian sweet roll.  It was dreck.  It had been 25 years since I had one but it was not good, despite the magical white sauce.

Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, St Patrick said:

OK, I don't get it.  

I went to the west side RP three times over lunch over the last two weeks.  Tacos are nice, same price as TJ's, but better.  Well worth it. 

Enchiladas, cost much more, but are excellent! 

Grinders are boring as hell, all you taste is the sweet bread, like a bland sandwich on Hawaiian sweet roll.  It was dreck.  It had been 25 years since I had one but it was not good, despite the magical white sauce.

Am I missing something here?

higher the BAC the better it tastes.....it's like the !@#$ around and find out graph.