SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Gotta be lakesbison. He thinks they have a top 20 defense in all of college football.

Sam Houston's coach said NDSU had the best defense they played last year...including A&M(pretty solid D) and Baylor(no D at all).

PAC 12 isn't all that good of a conference. It has USC, Oregon, and Stanford. Could NDSU beat the other teams? I think so. Could NDSU do that for a whole season with 63 scholarships...no I do not think so.

@ Oregon

@ UCLA

@ Washington

Etc these teams would be different than the Ball State, Gophers. KU games NDSU has played, I think only CMU is the only one with a winning record. If SU can beat KSU in a couple months I may change my mind...but until then I laugh at that comment.

@ Oregon

@ UCLA

@ Washington

Etc these teams would be different than the Ball State, Gophers. KU games NDSU has played, I think only CMU is the only one with a winning record. If SU can beat KSU in a couple months I may change my mind...but until then I laugh at that comment.

Washington..had a lot of trouble with EWU a year or two ago. Washington was 7-6 last season.

UCLA...was actually pretty good last year. Who really knows about them I suppose.

Oregon is a very very good football team.

Washington..had a lot of trouble with EWU a year or two ago. Washington was 7-6 last season.

UCLA...was actually pretty good last year. Who really knows about them I suppose.

Oregon is a very very good football team.

I think SU would do well in the lower conferences (SB, MW) but to say you could beat practically all the teams from a BCS conference that's saying a lot especially since it won't be at the dome and you lose to a team like Indiana State. Would it be fun to see SU play them of course that way we know for sure who would win.

Sam Houston's coach said NDSU had the best defense they played last year...including A&M(pretty solid D) and Baylor(no D at all).

They are damn good no doubt. Top 20 in the country is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

It's called coach speak - you need to listen to more postgame interviews.

I think at the Fargo Dome NDSU could beat maybe half of the teams in the Pac 12.

Remember, this is playing them at the Fargo Dome:

~Arizona.....mmmm.....toss up.

~Arizona State.....toss up

~Cal....Could beat

~Colorado....Would definitely beat

~Oregon....Nope

~Oregon State.....Nope

~Stanford.....Nope

~UCLA....Nope

~USC....Nope

~Utah.....toss up.

~Washington.....toss up.

~Washington State....would beat.

I'd put them in the middle to lower part of the Pac 12. By no means would they get killed every game. They would compete.

Another attempt from a FU fan to steer the conversation away from yet another player making headlines for all the wrong reasons...

You mind expanding on that? Charges dropped. More and more people seem to understand he didn't deserve to be charged in the first place.

You mind expanding on that? Charges dropped. More and more people seem to understand he didn't deserve to be charged in the first place.

Resisting arrest charge has been dropped? Did I miss something?

And he agreed to go outside and fight. This is legal and ok to do in public nowadays?

• Upvote 1

Not sure what there is to expand on this? A FU troll hopped into the discussion with the intent of changing the subject. Don't blame him, just calling a spade a spade.

And as of now, only one of the charges has been dropped and it was dropped rightly so in my opinion. The resisting charge hasn't been dropped.

But the spin and defense on this has become comedic.

-"The guys followed him outside and jumped him". I would agree that they followed him outside, except it was because he told them "let's take it f'ing oustide" and Beck was the first one out the door. He admitted he challenged the guy to go fight outside.

-"He wasn't drunk, he possibly had a head injury" which explains some of his behavior. It is possible, but he was waiting for his DD, so he had been drinking. And he was taken to the hospital and released after being checked out, unless they missed his concussion or just let him go without caring.

-"He resisted because he didn't want to be taken in cuffs in front of people he knew at the Drunken Noodle". Plausible, but if so, why did he walk that way cuffed before the police had to come chase him down just a few minutes before that? He voluntarily put himself in view of those people and ended up making a scene because the cops had to chase him down.

Who knows, maybe the defenses are all accurate, but from the information that has been made public, it is a pretty tough pill to swallow.

Another thing that sticks out and I haven't seen addressed is that he was just randomly hassled by these guys. Yet in the cop car, Beck said he was hitting on a girl "out of his league". The only girl that I've seen in any videos was described one of the other guy's girlfriends. Is that who Beck was talking with and what could have been part of the whole issue they were having with him? Honest question and might explain why Beck was being hassled by the guys.

Edit: Just to meake it clear: I don't think Beck should have been arrested, maybe a disorderly conduct at most only if it would have been given to everyone in the fight. But he admitted he agreed to fight the guy and that puts some blame on him regardless.

• Upvote 1

If all the players on the Bison football team that have a police record formed their own team it would be a very good team. I have to give them credit for that. They would have plenty of reserves too.

Could this be Tractor Vo Tech's new helmet?

hornhandcuffs.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/407560/

FARGO – A Cass County prosecutor said she will seek jail time for three former North Dakota State University Bison football players who are accused of skipping out on their court-ordered community service.

One of the three, Don Carter, of Fargo, appeared in Cass County District Court on a bench warrant Monday for failure to appear on a previous order to show cause hearing.

Carter, 21, is accused with Aireal Boyd and D.J. McNorton, of failing to complete the 50 hours of community service each was sentenced to after pleading guilty to Class A misdemeanor petition fraud. An arrest warrant was issued for Boyd on July 17, and another issued for McNorton in May.

Carter told Judge Frank Racek on Monday that he had not been in Fargo often enough to complete his sentence by the court’s deadline because he was traveling between here and Baltimore for his mother’s medical issues.

Racek set Carter’s next court appearance for Aug. 19. Bail was set at $400.

Just remember...they have been vilified, and don't deserve a suspension no matter happens in court, these kids have been though enough . :sad: :sad: :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH2tOJLqUUM

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/407560/

Just remember...they have been vilified, and don't deserve a suspension no matter happens in court, these kids have been though enough . :sad: :sad: :sad:

Those comments made by Taylor are a little disturbing. Particularly when you look at the timing of when they were made. It is quite evident to see why they seem to have an ongoing problem with behavior by their athletes. Way to many situations are handled with the attitude of doing nothing. The athletes just aren't afraid of any repercussions.

Those comments made by Taylor are a little disturbing. Particularly when you look at the timing of when they were made. It is quite evident to see why they seem to have an ongoing problem with behavior by their athletes. Way to many situations are handled with the attitude of doing nothing. The athletes just aren't afraid of any repercussions.

That's why I don't understand FU fans saying this (breaking their sentence) has nothing to do with FU because they aren't in school. It's comments like these from Taylor and Bohl's attitude of win at all cost that has these players feel like they are untouchable in the legal system.

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/407560/

The ones who payed their fines and did their service hours, yep.

The ones currently in the paper? Curious to see how much jail time they get.

They run a rogue program down on the farm...

"Just Win, Baby."

Wow, the only threads on this board that get alot of replies have something to do with the NDSU BISON.The jealous nature, hatred, little man syndrome, and obsession with anything to do with anything Bison is at heights I haven't seen with other forums anywhere and I am on alot of boards as I am a huge college football fan. As an outsider to this boards fans one sided rivalry, you make people who dont want to pick a side, pick a side, and this board is a screaming endorsement to pick the Bison. Drop all this crybaby !@#$, act like I hope the student athletes act and try to bring up the athletic program, the football program, and the university itself. Bitching and moaning about past issues with other programs doesn't do this program any good and drives neutral people to the other side. All this anti Bison crap makes you come across like self entitled momma's boys. So many threads on this board end up talking about the Bison. This is just another Bison sight, like a anti-bisonville, but still about the bison. And with publicity, bad publicity is always better than no publicity. Try bringing up threads that promote UND FOOTBALL, they need your help and support, they are a bottom half FCS team that needs a positive fan base. The Bison are 2 time defending champs they are doing just fine with or without what happens on this little board.

Wow, the only threads on this board that get alot of replies have something to do with the NDSU BISON.The jealous nature, hatred, little man syndrome, and obsession with anything to do with anything Bison is at heights I haven't seen with other forums anywhere and I am on alot of boards as I am a huge college football fan. As an outsider to this boards fans one sided rivalry, you make people who dont want to pick a side, pick a side, and this board is a screaming endorsement to pick the Bison. Drop all this crybaby !@#$, act like I hope the student athletes act and try to bring up the athletic program, the football program, and the university itself. Bitching and moaning about past issues with other programs doesn't do this program any good and drives neutral people to the other side. All this anti Bison crap makes you come across like self entitled momma's boys. So many threads on this board end up talking about the Bison. This is just another Bison sight, like a anti-bisonville, but still about the bison. And with publicity, bad publicity is always better than no publicity. Try bringing up threads that promote UND FOOTBALL, they need your help and support, they are a bottom half FCS team that needs a positive fan base. The Bison are 2 time defending champs they are doing just fine with or without what happens on this little board.

Ever been to Bisonville.com? Perhaps you could copy and paste this post over there since they have tons of UND threads over there. But since you are an FU fan...I read this post and hear blah, blah, blah.

Ok gene. We've heard from you multiple times to get off your guys' backs....maybe we should take you more seriously. Your poor guys continue to be villified even though the crimes being committed are usually not of sexual nature or violent.

And bad publicity is better than no publicity? Interesting theory you farmers have!

"Just Win, Baby."

We'll see how true that is depending on who suits up against KSU the first game of the year. Or maybe offseason transgressions don't count. Or maybe they don't count if they aren't reported in the Forum. Time will tell...

Ummm.....ok!!! But then again you are probably right. I am sure the Patriots and the Alabama football team are loving all this publicity they are having right now!! Wow..you truly are an idiot.

Thanks you for putting us all in our place. You go girl!!

• Upvote 1