SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Victimless incident: b s on that. Beck's antics have caused extra work for ther the court system, public prksecuors, and police. If bison supporters are willing to pay those bills, fine, call it what you want. But otherwise the victims are taxpayers. He's a punk adult with the maturity of a 12 year old.

Are you Rob Port?

He is a college student that made a mistake while drunk. it has happened before and it will happen again and again and again and again. Not sure why people continue to want to make this into some huge ordeal.

Victimless incident: b s on that. Beck's antics have caused extra work for ther the court system, public prksecuors, and police. If bison supporters are willing to pay those bills, fine, call it what you want. But otherwise the victims are taxpayers. He's a punk adult with the maturity of a 12 year old.

The guy who started it should be the individual you are going to complain about. Beck just so happened to be the individual targeted. If Beck wasn't on the football team at NDSU,you would not be saying this. You'd probably say well done on throwing down on someone who was asking for it repeatedly.

Are you Rob Port?

He is a college student that made a mistake while drunk. it has happened before and it will happen again and again and again and again. Not sure why people continue to want to make this into some huge ordeal.

Because there comes a time where you have to grow up and the excuse that you're a college student acting stupid isn't an excuse... Today's society, there isn't two sets of rules, one for college students and then rules for the rest of society.

Edited by Goon

Now the tide is turning to that he was targeted and that makes him a victim? Just watched the squad car video where he says that he was hitting on a woman out of his league and that started the argument, which led to the boys taking it outside for a fight. Not sure how this makes him targeted. All the boys should be slapped with disorderly conduct charges.

• Upvote 1

Are you Rob Port?

Why?

The problem concerns me; what comes after is what I'm interested in.

This is not Mister Beck's first problem involving alcohol and fleeing from law enforcement. That's my interest.

UND has four hockey guys short scholarship dollars for a second alcohol incident that didn't involve fleeing.

I'm interested to see how NDSU handles this problem (which also has the overhanging issue of violence/agreeing to a fight).

Now the tide is turning to that he was targeted and that makes him a victim? Just watched the squad car video where he says that he was hitting on a woman out of his league and that started the argument, which led to the boys taking it outside for a fight. Not sure how this makes him targeted. All the boys should be slapped with disorderly conduct charges.

Who was the girl in the video? The one he was talking to? She seemed to be in the middle of the argument inside and outside. Was she the girlfriend of one of the two guy's? Wasn't it reported that the one of their girlfriend's gave a statement? Honest questions. Same girl or two different ones?

Why?

This is not Mister Beck's first problem involving alcohol and fleeing from law enforcement. That's my interest.

UND has four hockey guys short scholarship dollars for a second alcohol incident that didn't involve fleeing.

I'm interested to see how NDSU handles this problem (which also has the overhanging issue of violence/agreeing to a fight).

If Bohl gives him no punishment there will be some people in the community that will frown upon it, and if there is punishment same thing. Bohl is going to piss people off one way or another, and winning a national title will be the only distraction from this. Anything short and this story will be brought up again.

Who was the girl in the video? The one he was talking to? She seemed to be in the middle of the argument inside and outside. Was she the girlfriend of one of the two guy's? Wasn't it reported that the one of their girlfriend's gave a statement? Honest questions. Same girl or two different ones?

It wasn't clear from the squad car video posted on YouTube. He just states he was talking to a girl who was out of his league and then he was asked to go outside and fight because of that.

So stating that the taxpayers are the victims here makes me a bad guy like Rob Port in bisonville eyes. Truth you hate, but still truth.

Fargo just sign off on pardon papers when an Ndsu recruit signs on.

Using your view I'm guessing a lot of taxpayers have wasted taxpayer money. I have bigger things to worry about then some drunken college kids getting into a scuffle when it comes to how taxpayer money is allocated.

Using your view I'm guessing a lot of taxpayers have wasted taxpayer money. I have bigger things to worry about then some drunken college kids getting into a scuffle when it comes to how taxpayer money is allocated.

How about student athletes that are given scholarships from state schools stop putting themselves into these positions which makes fools of themselves and the schools they represent? Doesn't the budget for athletic scholarships come from taxpayer money?

How about student athletes that are given scholarships from state schools stop putting themselves into these positions which makes fools of themselves and the schools they represent? Doesn't the budget for athletic scholarships come from taxpayer money?

Athletic scholarships come from pretty much entirely the booster club.

Athletic scholarships come from pretty much entirely the booster club.

75% or so. Scholarships cost the NDSU athletic department a reported $3 million in 2012 and I believe Teammakers donated around $2.3 million towards that.

75% or so. Scholarships cost the NDSU athletic department a reported $3 million in 2012 and I believe Teammakers donated around $2.3 million towards that.

But lakesbison was kicked out of the boosters club so the other $700,000 came from under the table! Lol

So your saying is NDSU doesn't give a crap about wasting taxpayer dollars. Guess we agree.

You have also been saying that Beck was then victim here and then turn around and say it was a victimless crime. It cant be both. Since NDSU is always the victim of circumstances, NDSU football must again be the victim. Thats the standard line going back generations regardless of stupid decisions or ignorance. Poor poor NDSU football, always the victim.

Why?

In fact, one hockey player was kicked off of the team for a charge that was later thrown out of court.

I am getting really sick and tired of hearing some people say that Beck should have "made a different choice". What was he supposed to do, lay down and get beaten to a pulp? Would that have made him a good boy? If somebody was stupid enough to mess with me, they would get it right back. I am thinking if Beck had just "walked away", these idiots would have followed him and jumped him from behind. Beck has the same right to defend himself as anyone else, football player or not. This case is closed as far as I am concerned. And it should be to everyone else too.

You do realize that Beck said - let's take it outside and walked outside. He was not defending himself he went outside to fight.. So, this whole Breck tried to walk away does not make sense to me.

• Upvote 1

You do realize that Beck said - let's take it outside and walked outside. He was not defending himself he went outside to fight.. So, this whole Breck tried to walk away does not make sense to me.

Now were getting off message, he's a victim... :)

Can't believe a post-bar fight involving an NDSU linebacker has received 13 pages worth of posts on Sioux Sports. On to more important things...

Hardin rules, Golladay's a monster, and Joe Mollberg is going to shatter a few records. Go Sioux!

• Upvote 1

I never said he tried to walk away. I said if he had tried to walk away, there is a good chance these punks would have followed him and started something outside because they were determined to pick a fight with him. My guess is that Beck figured if he has to fight, he would rather do it face to face outside and not get jumped from behind. Perhaps they wanted to make a name for themselves by beating up an NDSU football player. And with all the previous incidences involving NDSU football players, they figured they could pick a fight and then blame everything on him. And people are falling for it.

Like I said before, if anyone tried to pick a fight with me or got physical in order to start something, I would not hesitate to respond in kind. And if that means I would get a disorderly conduct on my record, then so be it. I would wear it with a badge of honor.

Can't believe a post-bar fight involving an NDSU linebacker has received 13 pages worth of posts on Sioux Sports. On to more important things...

Hardin rules, Golladay's a monster, and Joe Mollberg is going to shatter a few records. Go Sioux!

Relax it's just a a community thread in a non-Sioux sports section

I never said he tried to walk away. I said if he had tried to walk away, there is a good chance these punks would have followed him and started something outside because they were determined to pick a fight with him. My guess is that Beck figured if he has to fight, he would rather do it face to face outside and not get jumped from behind. Perhaps they wanted to make a name for themselves by beating up an NDSU football player. And with all the previous incidences involving NDSU football players, they figured they could pick a fight and then blame everything on him. And people are falling for it.

How do you Beck had any intention of walking away? He apparently had no trouble "taking it f'ing outside." Your scenario is quite the assumption based on not a whole lot of evidence on what the argument was about including zero audio of what happened inside.