Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

3 charges of No driver's license in possession

2 charges of Vehicle with window tint not to be used

1 charge of No seat belt

1 charge of No vehicle registration

and

1 charge (class A misdemeanor) Voter fraud

And then there's the "locker room thing" that got him off the team for a year.

I don't believe those were the charges originally, looks like they have been changed. Also looks like he had a change of plea hearing yesterday instead of going to court in a few weeks. Hope he didn't miss class for that because I doubt Bohl would let him miss practice.

The reason we can officially shut down this thread is because the Bison are now doing such great things in the community:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/375753/

Leave it up to Kolpack to come to NDSU's rescue and try to win back the court of public opinion for them. The team all signed a "card" for a guy with leukemia and he wrote an article about it. Its great the guy got an uplifting momento from the team but did it need to have a full article written about it in the FORUM? Not on NDSU's website...but the FORUM.

Newsflash: UND, like most teams, sign footballs, posters, and cards EVERY WEEK for charitable purposes. But Kolpack had to defend his beloved Bison.

This happens every week, every season Jeff, why did you wait until now to write it?

Leave it up to Kolpack to come to NDSU's rescue and try to win back the court of public opinion for them. The team all signed a "card" for a guy with leukemia and he wrote an article about it. Its great the guy got an uplifting momento from the team but did it need to have a full article written about it in the FORUM? Not on NDSU's website...but the FORUM.

Newsflash: UND, like most teams, sign footballs, posters, and cards EVERY WEEK for charitable purposes. But Kolpack had to defend his beloved Bison.

This happens every week, every season Jeff, why did you wait until now to write it?

Kolpack does all kinds of demeaning favors for AD Taylor. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The reason we can officially shut down this thread is because the Bison are now doing such great things in the community:

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/375753/

You sure they signed the card or did they have someone forge it. There will be a different story on Tuesday (court date) about these players...but Kolpack won't be writing it.

• Upvote 2

You sure they signed the card or did they have someone forge it. There will be a different story on Tuesday (court date) about these players...but Kolpack won't be writing it.

Great point. If anything negative happens Kevin Shnepf needs to write the article because Big Jeff couldn't bring himself to do it. All the rah-rah positive stuff is left up to Big Jeff. Why do I get the feeling he drives a really big truck?

Great point. If anything negative happens Kevin Shnepf needs to write the article because Big Jeff couldn't bring himself to do it. All the rah-rah positive stuff is left up to Big Jeff. Why do I get the feeling he drives a really big truck?

He has a NDSU licence place that says Gene's bitch on it.

Years ago the GFPD would have looked the other way, like they did for a lot of things, if something involved hockey players. Today with these angry steroid hop heads, that are called law enforcement, would enjoy busting hockey players for bragging rights with their fellow steroid hop heads. I think hockey players would not get a walk that another college student would get in GF.

Having known quite a few cops that comment is a moronic or at least unfounded comment.

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 1

Another "Signature" win by the Bison . . . I just blew Mtn Dew out my nose watching all 8 of those guys play again UNI. All 8 of them.

I can't imagine how proud you must be to have so many criminals playing for your favorite team. 10 football players that will be in court on Tuesday to face class A misdemeanor criminal charges for voter fraud because they forged hundreds, if not thousands, of signatures on petitions. 10 football players that were either too lazy or too stupid to do a job, so they basically stole money from their employer. 10 players that cost their employer hundreds of thousands of dollars. 10 players that wasted thousands of hours of other people's time. I can see why you and the multitude of NDSU football fans would be proud of them, especially since winning football games is the most important thing in your life. And that isn't even mentioning the other "fine, upstanding citizens" that populate the NDSU football program. What a great standard you have set for the young people that represent NDSU to the nation.
  • Upvote 2

I can't imagine how proud you must be to have so many criminals playing for your favorite team. 10 football players that will be in court on Tuesday to face class A misdemeanor criminal charges for voter fraud because they forged hundreds, if not thousands, of signatures on petitions. 10 football players that were either too lazy or too stupid to do a job, so they basically stole money from their employer. 10 players that cost their employer hundreds of thousands of dollars. 10 players that wasted thousands of hours of other people's time. I can see why you and the multitude of NDSU football fans would be proud of them, especially since winning football games is the most important thing in your life. And that isn't even mentioning the other "fine, upstanding citizens" that populate the NDSU football program. What a great standard you have set for the young people that represent NDSU to the nation.

Your jealousy is showing. Like you guys are so clean?

Your jealousy is showing. Like you guys are so clean?

So far there hasn't been a single case of a UND athlete being charged with a class A misdemeanor for voter fraud, much less 10 cases at one time. I'm certainly not jealous about that. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one thing I am jealous about right now, and certainly nothing to do with NDSU. But of course, I don't base my entire self worth on the success of a college football team, or any sports team. College is supposed to be about preparing students for adulthood. But you go ahead and keep preaching how great your criminal laced football team is.

Maybe I'm shallow, but . . . "Just win baby"! With a good lawyer that other thing will go away, much to your dismay. Boys being boys, kinda like hazing at hocking parties.

We will see what goes away. But there is a pretty good chance that none of the 10 football players will walk away without some penalties. And they may have eliminated a chance of working in some industries.

I would hardly classify class A misdemeanors, voter fraud and forging signatures as "boys being boys". That same act could be reclassified as a felony during the next legislative session. Hazing of any kind also isn't "boys being boys". And most of this board agreed that whatever happened with the hockey team was wrong and stupid. Too bad that so many of your Bville pals don't respect the law. I guess that's a perfect fit for the attitudes of the football team and the athletic department, "if it doesn't involve sex or violence then it isn't serious".