SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Did we rescind our partial offer immediately then?

IALTO. There is only one school that has the foresight to pull offers before they get turned down. The same school that only loses 5-6 recruits a year (that they really wanted) according to their super-accurate fan recruiting website.

• Upvote 2

Levi Hoiby is going to NDSU next fall. Assuming walk on. Believe he was always a big Bison fan so I guess I can't say I'm surprised.

He wants to be an Agronomy major so that pretty much sealed UND's fate, besides whatever else he liked about NDSU, etc. Good kid with a big frame. He will put on some size.

Anyone seen Beck play?

I saw the Beck kid play and I wasn't overly impressed. However, he does have a good frame. I think UND should snatch all three and see if any of them has the work ethic to mold themselves into an FCS football player. They may not have the measurables as Chicago kids, but you never know if they have the passion and desire of a home state kid until you get them into the program. That's what Mussman hasn't done - get enough home state kids into the program and develop them into contributors. All three are at least worth a shot as walk-ons.

Re: Beck

You can't teach 6'4" and 285 to an 18 year old. You can, however, teach technique to a 6'4", and 285, 18 year old.

I'm not comparing the two but I know Phil Hanson said about himself that he had a few gears he didn't know about until college and then the pros. Maybe he's a sleeping giant? It's what makes this time of year great. Nothing is proven.

Garrett Bollant@Gllant1321 13m

I will be attending the University of North Dakota next year!

The kid is only 160 lbs. He's most likely a walk-on if he's going to play at all. He doesn't appear to be a DI RB in my opinion. We've had enough undersized, poor RBs in the past few seasons for me to be patient with the position.

Alright I was looking for a RB!

I wouldn't get too excited - he isn't the kind of talent we need to facilitate a power running game. We need talented workhorse running backs!

Sawyer Knick appears to be having trouble with his decision.

@sawyerknick: Should I take a scholarship? Or stick to UND? #needhelp

Go to UND. I would take some leftover $ and give our PWO's a small partial per to lock them up if they have potential. Had we done that with Shobert we likely could have kept him.

The kid is only 160 lbs. He's most likely a walk-on if he's going to play at all. He doesn't appear to be a DI RB in my opinion. We've had enough undersized, poor RBs in the past few seasons for me to be patient with the position.

I wouldn't get too excited - he isn't the kind of talent we need to facilitate a power running game. We need talented workhorse running backs!

Yeah I think you are right. I watched his video after I posted and I realized I got excited too soon.

Found the other Chicago commit - don't know his name though.

@_Illuminike_: Just Committed To The University of North Dakota. Gonna ballout with my mans @AllHailTank ������������ #UND

Tahje Hartley maybe??? #10 from Morgan Park according to his twitter pic & a roster I found on MaxPreps....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Tahje-Hartley-148431

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2474758/highlights/101611377

Tahje Hartley maybe??? #10 from Morgan Park according to his twitter pic & a roster I found on MaxPreps....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Tahje-Hartley-148431

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2474758/highlights/101611377

That's who I came up with too. I think he had committed to Wayne State in Michigan.