SiouxSports.com Forum

SBoHE votes to move ahead with nickname retirement

fightingsioux4life

How can you be a fan of those guys? None of them play for the Sioux.

I would also presume that you must specifically despise Hrkac, Parise, Toews, Oshie, and the hundreds of others that willingly left the Sioux before their eligibility was up. You must brand them as traitors to the Sioux Tradition. Any "real" Sioux fan should.

Surely, just like the University, none of these former players deserve your respect..................... :silly:

Like this fire needs gas thrown on it - sometimes its fun to watch.

It amazes me what thin-skinned little crybabies some of you are over the things that I post. I'm a straight shooter, I'll tell you exactly how I feel and if you don't like it I don't care. I'm seething with anger over the fact that you "YES" voters and the spinless UND administration took my team away from me. I am here to vent that anger and I will decide when it is time for me to stop posting, not you. Spare me your snarky little snotty attitude and accept the fact that somebody has an opinion that is not an exact carbon copy of yours. :glare:

PS - Why should I do a favor to people that have been nothing but rude to me?

You are one of the rudest people on this forum. You have been calling people names for years. You somehow believe that we care what you think, and you continually keep repeating your selfishness over and over again even when you know that not 1 single person agrees with you. We don't care that you're angry. The athletic department belongs to the people of North Dakota, not to you. You're acting like a spoiled child. Get over yourself and act like an adult for a change.

None of that matters. If it isn't the North Dakota Fighting Sioux it is not going to be exactly the same. You can't spin your way out of that fact.

Nothing is ever EXACTLY the same. Each year is different, each day is different, each minute is different. Players change, coaches change, rules change, everything changes. Grow up and quit whining.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear right now.... I have NEVER been rude to anybody who wasn't rude to me first. The ONLY times that I have ever been rude is in retaliation to rudeness that was directed towards me beforehand. I treat people the way they treat me. I can be the nicest guy in the world if you just treat me with common decency and courtesy. But if you decide to be a dick to me I'll be an even bigger dick back to you. If you don't want me to be rude to you, don't be rude to me. It's as simple as that.

Dave, I think you are honestly hurt by the situation. But, you have to just man up and deal with it.

No more Fighting Sioux. It's over.

Now, either you will be a fan of UND sports, or you won't. If you won't, that's too bad. But, nothing is going to change the fact that the Fighting Sioux name is gone forever from UND.

And I am not going to be mean to you, because honestly I can't remember a time you were mean to me. I just hope you can deal with the facts, that's all.

It amazes me what thin-skinned little crybabies some of you are over the things that I post. I'm a straight shooter, I'll tell you exactly how I feel and if you don't like it I don't care. I'm seething with anger over the fact that you "YES" voters and the spinless UND administration took my team away from me. I am here to vent that anger and I will decide when it is time for me to stop posting, not you. Spare me your snarky little snotty attitude and accept the fact that somebody has an opinion that is not an exact carbon copy of yours. :glare:

Og so it's "your team" now? Seriously, you are acting like a little 4 year old in the sandbox who got his toy taken away. WaaaaaWaaaaa. Quit acting like a baby and deal with it. You are pathetic. MAN UP!!

And THAT is a great example of why I am rude to some people. You, Siouxperfan7, are a condescending jerk.

Hey man. Just stating the obvious. Your selfish desire to keep a name that isn't yours is ridiculous. That's right, the Fighting Sioux name isn't, and never was yours. You never owned it. You just don't understand that keeping it at this point would have killed UND athletics. You think these crazy things like UND will not be able to win games under a different name. You are seriously misguided in most of what you say. You share the beliefs of about 1% of the people on here and in the real world for that matter. Everyone rips on you, nobody likes you, but you are consistently on here spouting off your crazy beliefs. Is this just an attempt to get attention? You say it angers you that the name is gone. Well it angers me that you just can't grasp reality about the facts about the issue. Why don't you take a break from this site for awhile. it would probably be good for everyone. I am serious.

You have to give Dave credit for one thing... He is way ahead of the curve in hating the new nickname. We all know it will pale in comparison to The Fighting Sioux, and will be something vanilla that the PC crowd wants. Most, if not all, of the people who post here regularly will go on and on about what a poor choice has been made. Dave will be able to say those 3 words... "told ya so"

• Upvote 1

And with that you have shown even further evidence of what a jerk you are. Decent people would say "to each their own" but not a piece of work like you. Seriously, get over yourself. :glare:

You find me one person that shares your beliefs. Until then I will call you out and point our your inaccuracies.

Dave, you're angry. I get that. (But it's no excuse and it surely won't be considered one if the namecalling continues.)

As I've said before, this is a loss. You're moving through the five stages of grief. (Heck, I did back in 2000 when I realized sooner or later someone would ultimately find the Achilles heel of the moniker.)

If your anger really is that bad, please, deal with it up to and including seeking help. (If not for yourself, do it for the people who have to be around you.)

If it's not, please, quit using it as an excuse. Life doesn't always go your way.

God help you the day something really catastrophic happens in your life if this sets you off so badly.

The Five Stages of Grief:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

• Upvote 4

Hey man. Just stating the obvious. Your selfish desire to keep a name that isn't yours is ridiculous. That's right, the Fighting Sioux name isn't, and never was yours. You never owned it. You just don't understand that keeping it at this point would have killed UND athletics. You think these crazy things like UND will not be able to win games under a different name. You are seriously misguided in most of what you say. You share the beliefs of about 1% of the people on here and in the real world for that matter. Everyone rips on you, nobody likes you, but you are consistently on here spouting off your crazy beliefs. Is this just an attempt to get attention? You say it angers you that the name is gone. Well it angers me that you just can't grasp reality about the facts about the issue. Why don't you take a break from this site for awhile. it would probably be good for everyone. I am serious.

And what about your selfish desire along with everyone else here that helped to create the mess to start with? When are you people going to take ownership of the fact that all of you had a big hand in creating this problem? That is before all of you went into your self-rightous mode about saving the school. When all of you finally figured out 6 plus years later that you were nothing and had no hope, as if you ever did, of keeping the name you started you spin campaign. DaveK at least, along with Fetch, Chewey and a couple others, have stuck to their commitments without the phoney protecting the university arguements.

You're one of the decent ones, Hayduke. You have the ability to state a disagreement without coming across as being hateful towards anybody who dares to voice a contrary opinion. You're right that I have to face up to the reality of the situation. I understand and accept that there will no longer be a Sioux team. That sucks and I'm extremely bitter about it. Yeah, I can't change that fact. I have no choice but to accept it, I get all of that. But answer me this... when something angers you as much as this situation has angered me, doesn't it feel sort of therapeutic in a way to go off on rants against whoever or whatever caused the situation that angered you? It does to me. This is my way of dealing with the situation. I need to get it out of my system before I can eventually let it go.

I can understand that. Heck, I went on a buying spree of Sioux stuff when it was first announced that the name would be retired. I'm glad I did. I'll have enough stuff for my lifetime, and I'll wear it.

Rant away, Dave! Get it out of your system. I just hope you end up supporting the teams sans Sioux nickname.

You have to give Dave credit for one thing... He is way ahead of the curve in hating the new nickname. We all know it will pale in comparison to The Fighting Sioux, and will be something vanilla that the PC crowd wants. Most, if not all, of the people who post here regularly will go on and on about what a poor choice has been made. Dave will be able to say those 3 words... "told ya so"

I love how you always use the term "PC" crowd. Sorry to tell you this but it is the PC crowd who fights for your rights and not the "Consevative" who wishes to take them away. Darn those PC crowd members who wish to help the whole and not just themselves. Shame on them for being so self-less.

I love how you always use the term "PC" crowd. Sorry to tell you this but it is the PC crowd who fights for your rights and not the "Consevative" who wishes to take them away. Darn those PC crowd members who wish to help the whole and not just themselves. Shame on them for being so self-less.

It's the "PC crowd" that thinks nobody can be offended by anything, and that if a single person is unhappy, then it should be changed. News flash: not everything that you don't like is actually bad. You don't have the "right" to not be offended by things. Deal with it.

• Upvote 3

The PC crowd fights "for" my rights? When I lost my job in 2008, I lost my retirement staying current on my bills for the year I was out of work. Since I was not behind, my mortgage could not be adjusted to a lower interest rate. Thank you PC zealots for fighting for me.

The PC crowd does nothing for those who work hard, they are consumed by the fact that I might "offend" someone for the color of their skin or the accent in their voice. I challenge you to tell me that a blue eyed blonde named Ole or Lars flew a jet filled with innocent people into a building filled with more innocent people eleven and a half years ago. We have become a nation that coddles murderers but does nothing for those families of the murdered, where criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens and because you are black, red or yellow you can impose your beliefs and say whatever you want to me, but since I'm white, if I reply with anything other than an apology, I'm a racist.

The PC crowd fights "for" my rights? When I lost my job in 2008, I lost my retirement staying current on my bills for the year I was out of work. Since I was not behind, my mortgage could not be adjusted to a lower interest rate. Thank you PC zealots for fighting for me.

The PC crowd does nothing for those who work hard, they are consumed by the fact that I might "offend" someone for the color of their skin or the accent in their voice. I challenge you to tell me that a blue eyed blonde named Ole or Lars flew a jet filled with innocent people into a building filled with more innocent people eleven and a half years ago. We have become a nation that coddles murderers but does nothing for those families of the murdered, where criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens and because you are black, red or yellow you can impose your beliefs and say whatever you want to me, but since I'm white, if I reply with anything other than an apology, I'm a racist.

yeah...

http://en.wikipedia....Timothy_McVeigh

http://www.telegraph...ial-killer.html

These dudes had own version of Jihad.

Maybe you need to realize it has nothing to do with race. Every race has their version of nut jobs.

I was being a straight shooter with you when I wrote my post. You have made it perfectly clear that you are a fan of the nickname only. Its gone so you should move on. I see you no different than other posters who aren't fans of the Unversity of North Dakota. You are a troll only here to stir the pot. Go back and read your posts from the last 6 months, its clear what you are a fan of.

You find me one person that shares your beliefs. Until then I will call you out and point our your inaccuracies.

Dave, you're angry. I get that. (But it's no excuse and it surely won't be considered one if the namecalling continues.)

As I've said before, this is a loss. You're moving through the five stages of grief. (Heck, I did back in 2000 when I realized sooner or later someone would ultimately find the Achilles heel of the moniker.)

If your anger really is that bad, please, deal with it up to and including seeking help. (If not for yourself, do it for the people who have to be around you.)

If it's not, please, quit using it as an excuse. Life doesn't always go your way.

God help you the day something really catastrophic happens in your life if this sets you off so badly.

The Five Stages of Grief:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

I was being a straight shooter with you when I wrote my post. You have made it perfectly clear that you are a fan of the nickname only. Its gone so you should move on. I see you no different than other posters who aren't fans of the Unversity of North Dakota. You are a troll only here to stir the pot. Go back and read your posts from the last 6 months, its clear what you are a fan of.

HYPOCRITES!

And with that you have shown even further evidence of what a jerk you are. Decent people would say "to each their own" but not a piece of work like you. Seriously, get over yourself. :glare:

Give Em Hell DaveK!!! It is easy for them to yell from the shadows.

• Upvote 1

Give Em Hell DaveK!!! It is easy for them to yell from the shadows.

Why are you still here? Your extremist position was rejected by the voters of North Dakota on Tuesday, June 12th. You, DaveK and Fetch should all get together and form a lobbying group to get REA to replace UND with an AHL franchise, because all that matters with you guys is the name and logo.

Why are you still here? Your extremist position was rejected by the voters of North Dakota on Tuesday, June 12th. You, DaveK and Fetch should all get together and form a lobbying group to get REA to replace UND with an AHL franchise, because all that matters with you guys is the name and logo.

And the same could be said for you for how many years?

And the same could be said for you for how many years?

I was a strong supporter of the name and logo, but I (unlike some people on here) would NEVER place the name and logo ahead of having a strong and successful athletic department. I knew as soon as the 2007 settlement was signed that it was game over. I was 110% against "Clueless Al's" stupid nickname law because I knew the NCAA would simply ignore it. And I was just as ticked off when the Spirit Lake Committee for Understanding and Respect put the issue on a state-wide ballot. But you are right, a lot of people on this forum were happy as pigs in slop when the nickname law was approved. Thank God the people of North Dakota did the right thing last week.

• Upvote 3

yeah...

http://en.wikipedia....Timothy_McVeigh

http://www.telegraph...ial-killer.html

These dudes had own version of Jihad.

Maybe you need to realize it has nothing to do with race. Every race has their version of nut jobs.

Believe me, I do not disagree. I am just as bothered by the Jeffrey Dahmer's and Timothy McVeigh's. My problem is when someone says they are in it for the good of everyone, but their version of everyone is not really everyone. Political correctness is not about being equal, it's about imposing someone else's version of equality on others.

Believe me, I do not disagree. I am just as bothered by the Jeffrey Dahmer's and Timothy McVeigh's. My problem is when someone says they are in it for the good of everyone, but their version of everyone is not really everyone. Political correctness is not about being equal, it's about imposing someone else's version of equality on others.

Okay, that's a fair statement.

I was a strong supporter of the name and logo, but I (unlike some people on here) would NEVER place the name and logo ahead of having a strong and successful athletic department. I knew as soon as the 2007 settlement was signed that it was game over. I was 110% against "Clueless Al's" stupid nickname law because I knew the NCAA would simply ignore it. And I was just as ticked off when the Spirit Lake Committee for Understanding and Respect put the issue on a state-wide ballot. But you are right, a lot of people on this forum were happy as pigs in slop when the nickname law was approved. Thank God the people of North Dakota did the right thing last week.

Though you never spoke up for 4 years. What afraid of being left out of the group if you had?