SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Champs

breakin face

I too have the same question as geaux_sioux. It would certainly help increase the energy and crowd excitement in the Alerus on Saturdays. Lights, smoke, awesome entrance song, etc. would go a long way.

I'm thinking enter to a song like Sail by AWOL Nation (with the volume actually turned up) or something like that and a video of the team crushing people and scoring TD's and working out in the offseason.

You said "Just mark it down as another classless move by UND's athletic dept....Hope they got a good look at it, probably be the one and only they handle."

I read that as championship banner, not necessarily football. Yeah, it's in a football thread but we're talking about UND's athletic department, not UND's football team. I pointed out they've "handled" plenty of D1 championship banners so why would they need to "get a good look at it."

I love that your post above starts out with "I honestly don't mean this as trolling..." which is hilarious because every single one of your posts is trolling.

Another case of lumping all bison fans together. I didn't say anything about classless, that was Bison Dan, who is here to troll.

Please point out to me where every single one of my posts is trolling.

Another case of lumping all bison fans together. I didn't say anything about classless, that was Bison Dan, who is here to troll.

I'm sorry, I did get you two confused. I agree you haven't been a troll unlike Bison Dan. I guess I'm similar to the NCAA in how they see North Dakota they lump everything together, I saw Bison and lumped you two together.

I'm sorry, I did get you two confused. I agree you haven't been a troll unlike Bison Dan. I guess I'm similar to the NCAA in how they see North Dakota they lump everything together, I saw Bison and lumped you two together.

It happens. We all look alike. :)

Better to point out arrogance and inaccuracies and be called a troll that be a ass kisser!

So Jayson will the football team be getting a better intro video and entrance to the field, with some smoke and strobe lights or something to make it cool, they've been pretty sub par as long as I can remember and it's not like it can't happen since we've all seen the intro for the hockey team

Absolutely, we will be upgrading all of our pregame and in-game elements, particulary with the move to the Big Sky Conference. But I would still ask that you temper your immediate expectations; some of these elements will be immediately noticeable, but some will improve over time. We have a vision of where we want to be, but it takes time to get there (in some cases). For those fans who can't be in attendance, we're also working hard to improve the quality of our webcasts for all sports.

In defense of the Alerus Center, they do not have the full-time staff devoted to these areas that Engelstad Arena does. I don't mean that as an excuse or a cop-out, but as a reality. Having said that, we'll work hand-in-hand on improving our gameday presentations. We do monitor many of the threads associated with these discussions and much of that feedback, good and bad, is vital and always welcome.

Absolutely, we will be upgrading all of our pregame and in-game elements, particulary with the move to the Big Sky Conference. But I would still ask that you temper your immediate expectations; some of these elements will be immediately noticeable, but some will improve over time. We have a vision of where we want to be, but it takes time to get there (in some cases). For those fans who can't be in attendance, we're also working hard to improve the quality of our webcasts for all sports.

In defense of the Alerus Center, they do not have the full-time staff devoted to these areas that Engelstad Arena does. I don't mean that as an excuse or a cop-out, but as a reality. Having said that, we'll work hand-in-hand on improving our gameday presentations. We do monitor many of the threads associated with these discussions and much of that feedback, good and bad, is vital and always welcome.

Jayson, any word yet on which home football games will be televised this fall? Forgive me if I missed it.

How bout the in game element of new jerseys??!! Possibly black home jerseys!!!

AWESOME!!!

Better to point out arrogance and inaccuracies and be called a troll that be a ass kisser!

Haha, you cause trouble everywhere you go and being that I would rather have a rational conversation you think that makes me an ass kisser. That's rich.

• Upvote 1

That is good news Jayson. With the new home jerseys supposedly being black, there is an easy intro song that would amp the place up immediately!

What other sports? I wouldn't call averaging less than 3000 fans for basketball huge support. I thinks it f'n hilarious the Fargo Force out draw Bison basketball.

Because all the fans at Force games are all UND fans....remember Fargo doesn't care about hockey. :silly:

Just to clarify a few things before this really takes on a life of it's own (too late!):

As soon as the package was opened, Brian Faison called Mr. Taylor and left him a message, indicating we had received the banner. Shortly after that, while Mr. Faison was doing a series of radio interviews regarding Tuesday's election results, a staff member tweeted a picture of the banner (a couple of other staff members also put a photo on their personal Facebook pages). Wayne Nelson, seeing the tweet, came down to the athletics office to take a picture of his own.

The banner was re-packaged and shipped to NDSU yesterday.

Our profession can be a stressful one -- the months and years leading up to Tuesday's vote serving as Exhibit A -- and we're all guilty of taking ourselves a little too seriously at times. Every now and then, it's okay to have a little fun. After all, it's sports. No disrespect was ever intended.

Mr. Hajdu, I have a question for you. According to your story, Mr. Faison called Mr. Taylor as soon as the package was opened. It wasn't until after that, when a staff member tweeted a picture of it (and others showed it on their facebook pages), that the media became aware of the situation and came down to take pictures. However, a businessweek artcle (link provided below) indicates that Faison said the error probably wouldn't have "seen the light of day" if a beat writer hadn't been in the athletic department at the time the package was opened. So I'm curious, which is the true story? Is it the one that you provided or the one that Faison apparently provided to businessweek?

Championship banner arrives from NCAA and all they have to talk about is UND - once again.

BVille has their theories and of course they all blame UND for the NCAA's mess. Nice to see NDSU fans blaming UND for everything. Building collapses on the NDSU campus...UND would probably get blamed...oh wait didn't that happen. ;)

What other sports? I wouldn't call averaging less than 3000 fans for basketball huge support. I thinks it f'n hilarious the Fargo Force out draw Bison basketball.

Apparently from what I hear Force games are pretty fun. They also have a really nice venue. They could very well continue to outdraw Bison basketball once the SHAC is done, but I think you will notice a noticable bump in attendance at NDSU games after that is done.

Apparently from what I hear Force games are pretty fun. They also have a really nice venue. They could very well continue to outdraw Bison basketball once the SHAC is done, but I think you will notice a noticable bump in attendance at NDSU games after that is done.

I've seen pics of the new SHAC and its very impressive...of course the attendance will grow as long as the team is good.

I've seen pics of the new SHAC and its very impressive...of course the attendance will grow as long as the team is good.

Thats the gameplan. Hopefully it works out. Watching in a giant, oven built ages ago is not fun. A new venue is in order.