SiouxSports.com Forum

How will you vote June 12th?

Siouxperfan7

Measure 4  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote?

• YES - means you approve Senate Bill 2370, the effect of which would allow the University of North Dakota to discontinue the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.
    • NO - means you reject Senate Bill 2370, and require the University of North Dakota to use the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.

No, I'm basing THIS single decision on the fact that to keep the name is so idiotic, and yet a lot of people want to keep it. I figure what the heck, why not do my part in giving them what they want. I don't think you are in any place to say "glad they teach you to think for yourself down south". At least I have a pretty original reason to vote the way I will.

Spite or the search for schadenfreude are not original reasons for anything.

Spite or the search for schadenfreude are not original reasons for anything.

Spite, entertainment, and making people like DaveK happy. It would also continue to drag things out, which would be nice, considering I might buy a new popcorn machine. But good point, not too original, but most people are using their brains/hearts to make this decision. I'm using entertainment value.

Spite, entertainment, and making people like DaveK happy. It would also continue to drag things out, which would be nice, considering I might buy a new popcorn machine. But good point, not too original, but most people are using their brains/hearts to make this decision. I'm using entertainment value.

Entertainment value is an even worse basis for your vote than emotion.

Entertainment value is an even worse basis for your vote than emotion.

In your opinion. I have no ties to UND other than friends, relatives, and my team plays UND in sports. I just want to be entertained. And seeing people like DaveK, Rob Port, and other crazies out there go nuts trying to keep the name, and seeing the logical people trying to drop the name, is too much fun. A "yes" vote, and the name will be gone immediately. A "No" vote, and I get to see an entire new season of one of my favorite shows, "How We Dropped the Nickname."

In your opinion. I have no ties to UND other than friends, relatives, and my team plays UND in sports. I just want to be entertained. And seeing people like DaveK, Rob Port, and other crazies out there go nuts trying to keep the name, and seeing the logical people trying to drop the name, is too much fun. A "yes" vote, and the name will be gone immediately. A "No" vote, and I get to see an entire new season of one of my favorite shows, "How We Dropped the Nickname."

Sorry, I don't play games with elections and government. I think they are serious business, and that voting should involve making educated decisions. Voting is a right that not all countries give their citizens, so I make sure that I am educated on every issue and race that I am voting on.

I just spoke with my parents who live in Devils Lake and they have already voted YES via absentee ballot. Just a drop in the bucket but that's two votes to allow UND to move on!

I thank your parents for saving UND athletics...I just hope a lot of people follow their lead!

Actually, I would expect a vote on a constitutional amendment would have less of a chance than a regular law. North Dakota residents have been hesitant to put fluff in the constitution. But that could change with a special election. You never know who is going to vote in a special election so it would just depend on who did a better job of getting out the vote.

I think a lot of people are going to vote Yes because they want the issue to go away. Its like watching a war drag out for a long time, you just want it to end. And a lot of people just want it to end. The wording is going to be a major factor too. My wife's co-worker was going to vote No because he said he wants the nickname issue to end and to retire the name, I told him you mean to vote Yes to retire the name. He thanked me and thought it was stupid that no means yes and yes means no.

I think a lot of people are going to vote Yes because they want the issue to go away. Its like watching a war drag out for a long time, you just want it to end. And a lot of people just want it to end. The wording is going to be a major factor too. My wife's co-worker was going to vote No because he said he wants the nickname issue to end and to retire the name, I told him you mean to vote Yes to retire the name. He thanked me and thought it was stupid that no means yes and yes means no.

I agree about the fatigue factor, and I have mentioned that before. I do worry about the confusing language of the ballot.

Sorry, I don't play games with elections and government. I think they are serious business, and that voting should involve making educated decisions. Voting is a right that not all countries give their citizens, so I make sure that I am educated on every issue and race that I am voting on.

You are right on all of those counts. This is an issue I will play a game with. My one vote won't swing it either way, if it does....well thats just sad that the vote was that close to begin with.

I think the UND Alumni group or whatever they are called are going to do a good job letting the state know what could potentially happen. I think the state votes Yes.

You can't take pictures directly from your computer.

Get a hyperlink to the picture on the web, and then click the "Image" button above the text box that you put your post into.

easy-button~s800x800.jpg

And with that we're done giving "Web Posting 101" and return this thread to it's normal topic.

You are right on all of those counts. This is an issue I will play a game with. My one vote won't swing it either way, if it does....well thats just sad that the vote was that close to begin with.

I think the UND Alumni group or whatever they are called are going to do a good job letting the state know what could potentially happen. I think the state votes Yes.

Why would you do that? If you think this is a game you're pretty pathetic.

• Upvote 1

Why would you do that? If you think this is a game you're pretty pathetic.

I've made it clear in several different posts in this thread as to why I will do it. A.) If it comes down to my vote, you have bigger problems than just me. B.) Old spite, call it childish, call it what you want. C.) watching my Bison play UND as anything other than the Sioux would break my little heart. This reason has not been listed before. But it'd really tear me up inside.

I'd worry more about the DaveK's of the world. If you cant get the UND/Sioux fans on board, people such as myself, AKA the people who want to be entertained (a small group), will be the least of your concerns.

*** purple font implies sarcasm

Six step process to taking out the trash

Step one - log on to Siouxsports.com

Step two: click on your user name in the upper right corner

Step three: click on Manage Ignore Preferences

Step four: scroll down to bottom of page

Step five: In the text box under Add a new user to your list type in JohnboyND7

Step six: click on Posts, Signature, Messages

Optional: Search for all names with NDSU in title and repeat the above process

Stop replying to posters who show up as "ignored" and they will eventually go away or at least only be seen by other su trolls

Six step process to taking out the trash

Step one - log on to Siouxsports.com

Step two: click on your user name in the upper right corner

Step three: click on Manage Ignore Preferences

Step four: scroll down to bottom of page

Step five: In the text box under Add a new user to your list type in JohnboyND7

Step six: click on Posts, Signature, Messages

Optional: Search for all names with NDSU in title and repeat the above process

Stop replying to posters who show up as "ignored" and they will eventually go away or at least only be seen by other su trolls

I've made it clear in several different posts in this thread as to why I will do it. A.) If it comes down to my vote, you have bigger problems than just me. B.) Old spite, call it childish, call it what you want. C.) watching my Bison play UND as anything other than the Sioux would break my little heart. This reason has not been listed before. But it'd really tear me up inside.

I'd worry more about the DaveK's of the world. If you cant get the UND/Sioux fans on board, people such as myself, AKA the people who want to be entertained (a small group), will be the least of your concerns.

*** purple font implies sarcasm

I guess I'll call it pathetic.

I've made it clear in several different posts in this thread as to why I will do it. ... B.) Old spite, call it childish, call it what you want.

I believe Misters Frey and Henley said it best when they penned then sang:

It's like going to confession every time I hear you speak

You're makin' the most of your losin' streak

Some call it sick, but I call it weak

If I were still living in Williston, I would vote yes. I know my Mom voted yes and I encouraged her to do so (she is in her 80s so she votes absentee). Time to end this crazy stuff and get on with your transition.

Time to end this crazy stuff and END the transition.

If I were still living in Williston, I would vote yes. I know my Mom voted yes and I encouraged her to do so (she is in her 80s so she votes absentee). Time to end this crazy stuff and get on with your transition.

As a UND fan I thank you and your mom. I hope more people out there vote Yes and end this.