SiouxSports.com Forum

How will you vote June 12th?

Siouxperfan7

Measure 4  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote?

• YES - means you approve Senate Bill 2370, the effect of which would allow the University of North Dakota to discontinue the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.
    • NO - means you reject Senate Bill 2370, and require the University of North Dakota to use the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.

Yes, I get that. And if they lose the name because of that so be it. But if there is a way to keep the name....I am for that.

You are willing to keep the name if it harms the athletic department? Then you may be a hockey fan, but you are not a supporter of the University of North Dakota.

You are willing to keep the name if it harms the athletic department? Then you may be a hockey fan, but you are not a supporter of the University of North Dakota.

It depends on how bad. First off, yes I am a Sioux fan. I was born and raised in GF, I went to UND, however, you are correct that I follow hockey much more in depth than the rest of the sports. We'll see, again, like I said. I guess it would depend on what types of sanctions would actually happen.

Sorry that I don't agree with everything you say. I played hockey my whole life and have always been a decent judge on players. Your's was pretty weak so I told you that.

You made a broad statement insulting a UND hockey player.

As for goalies, hopefully Dell leaves and we can all start watching a goalie who's save % follows their GAA. No super knock on Dell, but besides the end of the season, the guy was pretty terrible given the pedigree of many of the players in front of him (especially two years ago). His save % has always been absolute garbage considering his GAA.
I entered that discussion to point out that Dell had a very good year in 2010-2011. Then you said that UND hasn't had good goalies the last decade. I proceeded to give you 3 very good years in the last decade, from guys named Parise and Lamoureux besides the year that Dell had.

... what types of sanctions would actually happen.

For someone paying attention you've missed some key details:

- NO HOME NCAA PLAYOFF GAMES (devastating to FB and WH)

- no use of the logo or name on the road at NCAA events (that's two sets of jerseys for all sports, or maybe just one NCAA-compliant set)

- "best practices" scheduling recommendation to the NCAA members -- what's that? Well, that's what Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and SDSU are doing, namely, don't schedule teams under NCAA moniker sanctions

Those are the sanctions. They are happening now. And Dale Lennon has admitted the side-effects. He flat stated that recruits are steering away from UND because of these sanctions.

That's reality. It's here. It's now. And it's a slow, sucking chest wound. You may be able to breathe right now, but it'll kill you. And that's exactly how the NCAA designed it.

You made a broad statement insulting a UND hockey player.

I entered that discussion to point out that Dell had a very good year in 2010-2011. Then you said that UND hasn't had good goalies the last decade. I proceeded to give you 3 very good years in the last decade, from guys named Parise and Lamoureux besides the year that Dell had.

I thought this was an open forum where Sioux fans can openly speak their minds on their favorite hockey team. I love the Sioux but feel they haven't had a good goaltender since Phil. I may bite the bullet here, but when did I say the Sioux haven't had a good goalie in the last decade, I simply said Dell had inflated stats due to the great players in front of him. Thats all. I also said Phil and Parise had great years...go check it out. I do remember saying we need a goalie who wins games by himself once in a while. That's all I said. There has to be criticism too. Remember, there is more than just the players that play for the Sioux out there, by that, I mean not every player that plays for the Sioux is the greatest player on earth, and so we can criticize when we feel necessary. Dell wasn't terrible, I would simply like to see Gothberg.

For someone paying attention you've missed some key details:

- NO HOME NCAA PLAYOFF GAMES (devastating to FB and WH)

- no use of the logo or name on the road at NCAA events (that's two sets of jerseys for all sports, or maybe just one NCAA-compliant set)

- "best practices" scheduling recommendation to the NCAA members -- what's that? Well, that's what Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and SDSU are doing, namely, don't schedule teams under NCAA moniker sanctions

Those are the sanctions. They are happening now. And Dale Lennon has admitted the side-effects. He flat stated that recruits are steering away from UND because of these sanctions.

That's reality. It's here. It's now. And it's a slow, sucking chest wound. You may be able to breathe right now, but it'll kill you. And that's exactly how the NCAA designed it.

I knew some of that....but not all. There has to be something the state can do. The Gophers play UI.

I knew some of that....but not all. There has to be something the state can do. The Gophers play UI.

The State is out of options. In signing the settlement agreement the State gave up the right to sue the NCAA again.

The Gophers play Illinois because Illinois is not under NCAA moniker sanctions. The key isn't the name, it's whether or not the school is under NCAA sanctions for the name.

It depends on how bad. First off, yes I am a Sioux fan. I was born and raised in GF, I went to UND, however, you are correct that I follow hockey much more in depth than the rest of the sports. We'll see, again, like I said. I guess it would depend on what types of sanctions would actually happen.

Didn't you earlier say you were mostly a football fan. A DI football fan. Or was that someone else?

The State is out of options. In signing the settlement agreement the State gave up the right to sue the NCAA again.

The Gophers play Illinois because Illinois is not under NCAA moniker sanctions. The key isn't the name, it's whether or not the school is under NCAA sanctions for the name.

Gotcha

At least we will see what Sioux County really thinks

And just what, persay, will that data prove? Sioux County is 85% Standing Rock members. But those members only make up 40% of the entire Standing Rock tribe. A tribe which has continually elected leaders that oppose the nickname.

I don't think that Sioux County is the silver bullet that you wish it to be.......................

Didn't you earlier say you were mostly a football fan. A DI football fan. Or was that someone else?

Not sure, I said I was a fan of all Sioux sports, but follow hockey the most...simply because that is the sport I grew up playing. Over the last few years I have started watching football....D1-A football not so much D1-AA. Can't get all Sioux football games here in the Cities like you can hockey. Also, when I grew up they were playing relevant teams (SCSU, NDSU, etc). Now I don't even know anyone they play anymore...might as well watch the big schools I guess.

Not sure, I said I was a fan of all Sioux sports, but follow hockey the most...simply because that is the sport I grew up playing. Over the last few years I have started watching football....D1-A football. Can't get all Sioux football games here in the Cities like you can hockey. Also, when I grew up they were playing relevant teams (SCSU, NDSU, etc). Now I don't even know anyone they play anymore...might as well watch the big schools I guess.

Well, your interest North Dakota football is appreciated. But we don't play D1-A football. We play FCS football (DI-AA). SCSU is not now, nor have they ever been relevent in football. We don't play them anymore, but we do play "irrelevent" schools (by your standards) like Montana and South Dakota St.

Thanks for playing.......................

Well, your interest North Dakota football is appreciated. But we don't play D1-A football. We play FCS football (DI-AA). SCSU is not now, nor have they ever been relevent in football. We don't play them anymore, but we do play "irrelevent" schools (by your standards) like Montana and South Dakota St.

Thanks for playing.......................

Are you kidding me....do you even read what people right. Yes, in my statement I noted I am not the biggest Sioux football fan but I do hope they win....yes I know they play in the FCS. I am simply not the biggest fan of the FCS because I can never watch any of the games. I know SCSU wasn't good at football, but because I was a hockey fan I knew that school. I know absolutely nothing about South Dakota and Montana because growing up I was never a huge football fan...just the casual fan who would go to the games with my parents. I am more of a hockey fan...like I have already said. You are a mess.

It is a good thing you are such a big fan of St. Cloud. We can all expect a heavy dose of them in all sports if the "Kill the University of North Dakota" supporters prevail when the votes are tallied......................

Actually, I believe SCSU was at the fore-front of the nickname dissidents from the start...........................

It is a good thing you are such a big fan of St. Cloud. We can all expect a heavy dose of them in all sports if the "Kill the University of North Dakota" supporters prevail when the votes are tallied......................

Actually, I believe SCSU was at the fore-front of the nickname dissidents from the start...........................

Not if SCSU drops football if/when they move to the NCC 2.0

I guess by that time UND won't have football either (if the nickname is kept).

The NCAA is trying to wear down the ND people into doing exactly what a lot of you are already doing....giving up. I am glad there are true Sioux fans standing their ground and voting to keep the name.

People like this give me hope! ;)

Save the Fighting Sioux!

VOTE NO!

• Upvote 1

Plus Illinois is in the same conference as Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa just like UND was in the same hockey conference as Minny, and UW. In 2013-14 UND will not be able to play them unless its in the NCAA tournament or until the name is gone which ever comes first.

Save the Fighting Sioux!

VOTE NO!

Why do you do this?. I know you saw my post a couple days ago challenging you not to post anything on this forum for a week. You love UND so much that you just can't stay away for more than a couple days. Very sad and comical at the same time. The best part is that you and other trolls seem to think that moo u has moved on but we all know that is just denial as its finest. Way to keep it classy troll.

• Upvote 1

Save the Fighting Sioux!

VOTE NO!

You do realize voting no will embolden Al Carlson and his minions to continue to try to override the ND SBoHE and that will ultimately harm all ND universities.

So if that's your mindset and how you choose to vote, I'll just quote Homer Simpson: "Good for yo-o-o-ou." sarcasticclap.gif <-- meet "sarcastic clap guy"

• Upvote 1

You do realize voting no will embolden Al Carlson and his minions to continue to try to override the ND SBoHE and that will ultimately harm all ND universities.

So if that's your mindset and how you choose to vote, I'll just quote Homer Simpson: "Good for yo-o-o-ou." sarcasticclap.gif <-- meet "sarcastic clap guy"

Nothing bad can happen to NDSU. It stands above all. Everyone bows down to the mighty Moo U, even Big Bad Al. :crazy:

Apparently a winking face isn't a strong enough symbol of sarcasm

Are you referring to Johnboy's post? He might be sarcastic about the "nickname at all costs crowd" giving him hope, but he has stated multiple times he is serious about voting "no" on the measure.