SiouxSports.com Forum

ncaa Tourney Scores and updates

AZSIOUX

That Union/UMass game was not entertaining at all. Lots of mistakes and slow play.

I can't believe how "easy" that side of the bracket is compared to the other side:

Union/UMass/Ferris/Cornell vs UND/UMN/BC/UMD

Wow.

I agree. I am not a fan of how the NCAA sets up the postseason.

That Union/UMass game was not entertaining at all. Lots of mistakes and slow play.

I can't believe how "easy" that side of the bracket is compared to the other side:

Union/UMass/Ferris/Cornell vs UND/UMN/BC/UMD

Wow.

Well said. I am also not a fan of not seeing a single UND highlight all afternoon and evening. they seem to show every other games' highlights but ours. On the flip side I bet if western beat us they would have been showing it all day.

Just win boys!

Attendance at these regionals is embarrassing. There's nobody in GB for Corn/FSU. The eastern rinks are as bad or worse. And the X was not even completely full today. The sport and the teams deserve better.

You would think that the NC$$ would have learned after the St. Louis regional last year. They need to consider going back to campus sites.

PS: The attendance at the Frozen Four could be scary this year.....

Well said. I am also not a fan of not seeing a single UND highlight all afternoon and evening. they seem to show every other games' highlights but ours. On the flip side I bet if western beat us they would have been showing it all day.

Just win boys!

I was watching online and I saw a recap/highlights from our games during the later games. But online you can watch everything from both espn3 and espnu live so I'm not sure which feed it was on. Maybe the channel you were on didn't show highlights because they were doing a delayed broadcast of the game?

That building will be empty... doesn't matter which teams are playing.

There are enough geniuses at the NCAA...(ohh wait).... Even a moron could figure out that having a Frozen Four where there isn't a DI college hockey team within 600 miles probably won't work. Kind of like the Frozen Four at ford field....well no $hit there is going to be ice issues.....

The Frozen Four should rotate between these cities: (I'm probably forgetting one or two here....but I'm coming up with these on the fly)

Denver, St. Paul, Detroit, Boston, Buffalo, NY, Columbus...etc. Just because the city has an NHL team doesn't mean that automatically those fans will show up for a college hockey tournament (especially a 2 or 3pm afternoon semifinal).

The NCAA Lacrosse final four is in Baltimore every year because a majority of the Lacrosse teams are out of the Northeastern part of the United States....and wouldn't you believe it.....the national championship is always pretty well attended. Wonder why the NCAA can't get it figured out with hockey.....idiots.

The NCAA Lacrosse final four is in Baltimore every year because a majority of the Lacrosse teams are out of the Northeastern part of the United States....and wouldn't you believe it.....the national championship is always pretty well attended. Wonder why the NCAA can't get it figured out with hockey.....idiots.

Just a minor correction. The Lacrosse final is on an irregular rotation between Baltimore, Boston, and Philadelphia. Baltimore had it the last couple of years but it will be in Boston this year. Still, it holds to your point of having the championships in the area of the country that most supports the sport.

However, its been 13 years since the last warm weather frozen four so I'm going to withhold judgment on future ones until I see the attendance figures. Personally, I think having it in a football stadium (Detroit) was far more egregious.

So on April 5 it's Union and Ferris State and then the night game is Minnesota and BC.

Brad Schlossman's Tweet on topic is ... Dead. On.

NCAA has sent out Frozen Four game times. The JV game is first, followed by the varsity game.

Men's Hockey by SchlossmanGF on Mar 25, 2012 10:33:48 PM

So on April 5 it's Union and Ferris State and then the night game is Minnesota and BC.

Brad Schlossman's Tweet on topic is ... Dead. On.

People can laugh all they want at Union, but they are for real. Ferris State.....not so much. Here are my predictions:

BC 5, Rodents 1. The Eagles didn't give up a single goal in the regional. Rodent fans will blame the PA announcer and the lack of atmosphere in the arena for the loss.

Union 3, Ferris State 1. Union will once again surprise a more established team and prove their critics wrong.

Union 3, BC 2. The Brad Schlossman Rule is invoked here as Union is badly outshot but still wins their first NCAA title in just their second trip to the tournament ever.

You would think that the NC$$ would have learned after the St. Louis regional last year. They need to consider going back to campus sites.

PS: The attendance at the Frozen Four could be scary this year.....

Surely, attendance would be better, even if it is in a smaller arena. Oh, and by the way, it would actually give a team incentive to finish as a #1 seed, instead of like Gwoz was saying is that all you want to do is get in. Let's face it, if Minnesota would have squeaked into the tournament the last 2 or 3 years, they never would have had to make a trip like Duluth did this year in Worcester.

Why not let the #1 seeds host with the requirement that they must host in an arena that holds at least 7000 people. Before the season every team would have to declare where they'd host if granted a #1 seed. If your home rink holds 7000, host there. If not, a team would have to declare where they'd host.

People can laugh all they want at Union, but they are for real. Ferris State.....not so much. Here are my predictions:

BC 5, Rodents 1. The Eagles didn't give up a single goal in the regional. Rodent fans will blame the PA announcer and the lack of atmosphere in the arena for the loss.

Union 3, Ferris State 1. Union will once again surprise a more established team and prove their critics wrong.

Union 3, BC 2. The Brad Schlossman Rule is invoked here as Union is badly outshot but still wins their first NCAA title in just their second trip to the tournament ever.

Union was blessed with a pretty very weak regional. They won't be beating the Eagles this weekend.

Your fixation on Schloss is also troublesome, I think he has been more than fair in his coverage of the UND Fighting Sioux hockey program. Brad is probably one of the best in college hockey. You sound like the same guy that logged on under Guest yesterday and wrote this doozey of a comment...

Edited by Goon

Union was blessed with a pretty very weak regional. They won't be beating the Eagles this weekend.

Your fixation on Schloss is also troublesome, I think he has been more than fair in his coverage of the UND Fighting Sioux hockey program. Brad is probably one of the best in college hockey. You sound like the same guy that logged on under Guest yesterday and wrote this doozey of a comment...

I've just never been a big fan of Schlossman. I just think he's an average sportswriter; it's nothing personal. I do think his online coverage of our program and the sport in general (the Blog, Twitter) is second to none and I don't think those things would have happened if Virg Foss was still at the helm at the Heraldo. For the record, I am not the same guy that wrote that comment.

As for Union, I would watch them simply because they are one of those teams people know little or nothing about, but all they've done all year is win. Granted, the EZAC is not a great conference, but it's not Atlantic Hockey either. These are the teams that sneak up on you, not conference rivals or well-established programs that are there year after year. You know what you are dealing with when you go up against BC or Michigan but Union is a bit of an unknown right now, just like Gonzaga was in basketball back in the late 1990's. College Hockey is just so competitive and you can't count anybody out.

I've just never been a big fan of Schlossman. I just think he's an average sportswriter; it's nothing personal. I do think his online coverage of our program and the sport in general (the Blog, Twitter) is second to none and I don't think those things would have happened if Virg Foss was still at the helm at the Heraldo.

Sportswriting ability or not, I think his online coverage is the best in the biz and makes me a huge fan. :)

I've just never been a big fan of Schlossman. I just think he's an average sportswriter; it's nothing personal. I do think his online coverage of our program and the sport in general (the Blog, Twitter) is second to none and I don't think those things would have happened if Virg Foss was still at the helm at the Heraldo. For the record, I am not the same guy that wrote that comment.

Brad is regarded has one of the best beat writers in the business.

Surely, attendance would be better, even if it is in a smaller arena. Oh, and by the way, it would actually give a team incentive to finish as a #1 seed, instead of like Gwoz was saying is that all you want to do is get in. Let's face it, if Minnesota would have squeaked into the tournament the last 2 or 3 years, they never would have had to make a trip like Duluth did this year in Worcester.

Please explain. Also please see 2001 and 2008.