SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

I sent an Email to Dexter Albrecht at the ticket office as follows:

Dexter,

I am a recent graduatewith a degree in accountancy and minor in sports business living and working in Fargo. I had an idea/question to propose to you.

Is there any way that the department could look into possibly offering some kind of deal to football season ticket holders like myself to order their very own new black jersey? Offering a black jersey to season ticket owners by order (possibly with commemorative Big Sky patch?) could be a great way to drive interest, make some money, and promote the blackout game against Montana later in the year! Could also be cool to reward season ticket holders with a small discount.

Just an idea I had and thought I would pass along my thoughts - the new jerseys are great and i'd like to get my hands on one!

I received this response:

Thanks for the idea and for reaching out. I will pass along, but it's tough for us to do that because retailers like Nike usually make you guarantee a certain number like 700 or higher. We would have to know we could sell that many, and with us not being in retail makes that tough.. I will say that I know a few retailers will be having some replica black jerseys shortly most notably GWGear the new retailer at football. Not for sure if they will be Nike or not. I would say if you know other ticket holders who want the official Nike replicas to encourage retailers like Scheels, the Sioux Shop and others that there is a interest in those. If they know they can sell them they'll buy them. Thanks again for reaching out. Pass along any other ideas.

Would anybody else be interested in something like this? If so lets start sending emails to the ticket office, sioux shop, scheels, and bookstore!

I sent an Email to Dexter Albrecht at the ticket office as follows:

Dexter,

I am a recent graduatewith a degree in accountancy and minor in sports business living and working in Fargo. I had an idea/question to propose to you.

Is there any way that the department could look into possibly offering some kind of deal to football season ticket holders like myself to order their very own new black jersey? Offering a black jersey to season ticket owners by order (possibly with commemorative Big Sky patch?) could be a great way to drive interest, make some money, and promote the blackout game against Montana later in the year! Could also be cool to reward season ticket holders with a small discount.

Just an idea I had and thought I would pass along my thoughts - the new jerseys are great and i'd like to get my hands on one!

I received this response:

Thanks for the idea and for reaching out. I will pass along, but it's tough for us to do that because retailers like Nike usually make you guarantee a certain number like 700 or higher. We would have to know we could sell that many, and with us not being in retail makes that tough.. I will say that I know a few retailers will be having some replica black jerseys shortly most notably GWGear the new retailer at football. Not for sure if they will be Nike or not. I would say if you know other ticket holders who want the official Nike replicas to encourage retailers like Scheels, the Sioux Shop and others that there is a interest in those. If they know they can sell them they'll buy them. Thanks again for reaching out. Pass along any other ideas.

Would anybody else be interested in something like this? If so lets start sending emails to the ticket office, sioux shop, scheels, and bookstore!

I definitely want one! Getting people to email the Sioux Shop at the REA is probably our best bet to get these on the market. The Sioux shop sees the most traffic of die hard fans looking for merchandise and could better justify buying 700 of them. Plus, I always try to buy my gear from them because the proceeds go to UND athletics, so it's like getting some sweet new gear and making a donation all at the same time!

• 5 months later...

It was stated in today's signing day live chat by both Mussman & Schluesner that UND will be getting new Away Whites for next season. Hopefully new Home Greens for '14. It will be cool having some combinations we can mix & match.

Chris Mussman:

Away uniforms will be the priority in our budget this season. I hope to have green ones the next season.

Luke Schleusner:

I think they'll be similar to the blacks in design, but I haven't seen them.

It was stated in today's signing day live chat by both Mussman & Schluesner that UND will be getting new Away Whites for next season. Hopefully new Home Greens for '14. It will be cool having some combinations we can mix & match.

Why is it taking 2 years to get new green jerseys??!! I like the black ones...but I would like to see us wear the greens at home for most games. Only bring out the blacks for special games. Much like the hockey team does. From the sound of it, looks like they will be wearing the blacks for every home game next year.

Why is it taking 2 years to get new green jerseys??!! I like the black ones...but I would like to see us wear the greens at home for most games. Only bring out the blacks for special games. Much like the hockey team does. From the sound of it, looks like they will be wearing the blacks for every home game next year.

If it gives the players a competitive advantage vs the older green ones I'm for it. Once they get new greens I'm sure the blacks will be turned into more of an alternate than they were last year and most likely next year.

It takes two years because they're expensive as hell. If you don't have a deal with Nike then new uniforms cost quite a bit.

After the new jerseys of 2014....new ones will be ordered for 2015 with UND's new logo and/or nickname on it.

After the new jerseys of 2014....new ones will be ordered for 2015 with UND's new logo and/or nickname on it.

I doubt they would get new sets of jerseys and/or pants in '12, '13 & '14 and then turnaround and order new ones again for '15 because of the new nickname/logo. The football program has mostly utilized the "ND" logo on jerseys over the years, I don't see that changing. Also cost is a huge factor considering they'd have to order 90+ jerseys just because of the new nickname.

Edit: looks like geaux_sioux beat me to the punch. I agree...

There will be new white jerseys and pants for this season. That means at home the team could wear white pants with the black tops or white jerseys with black pants on the road, if you're looking for a change up from last year. With that said, similar style Kelly green jerseys and Kelly green pants should be around for the 2014 season, which will give the team quite a few different uniform combination options.