SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

Would love to see all the different combinations of pants and jerseys now. Hopefully the green stripe on the new black pants goes well with the green jerseys, etc. I can't stop watching the slideshow on undsports.com. This absolutely just made my day.

Hopefully there are no more green jerseys! These are great!! When do they go on sale??

The debut of the blacks is with jersey number 40, not jersey number 83 (as in 1883, the year of UND's founding).

Interesting.

I wonder if that isn't a quiet, tip-of-the-cap acknowledgement to someone, a UND guy who wore "40" until just recently.

(Suddenly makes me wonder who bought the new uniforms.)

The debut of the blacks is with jersey number 40, not jersey number 83 (as in 1883, the year of UND's founding).

Interesting.

I wonder if that isn't a quiet, tip-of-the-cap acknowledgement to someone, a UND guy who wore "40" until just recently.

Not sure if it was Jimmy or not. Someone else posted a few weeks ago that it was Kris Kuper who put up the money for the new uni's. Either way, they look good and thanks to whichever alumni ponied up the dough!

Interesting.

Baylee Carr was the one who modeled them; his number is 40.

Ok, the second picture looks better. I really like them...but would they look better with a black helmet? The green helmet just looks out of place to me.

In my opinion, the green helmets look fine with the uniform - they provide the contrast necessary for a non-monochrome look. Also something to keep in mind, the UND football sign on the Alerus features a green helmet so UND should probably honor that.

Baylee Carr was the one who modeled them; his number is 40.

In my opinion, the green helmets look fine with the uniform - they provide the contrast necessary for a non-monochrome look. Also something to keep in mind, the UND football sign on the Alerus features a green helmet so UND should probably honor that.

Ok, I was just wondering. To me, it just looks out of place because the green on the jersey and the green on the helmet didn't seem to match. I don't think the color of the helmet sign would necessarily matter...you can always redo a sign.

but green helmet, black jersey, and white pants....seems like a bad look if you ask me. Thoughts?

Yeah, I can't picture that being the best look.

But green pants would look great with the black jersey and green helmet. Green, black, green. I imagine that looking even better than the all black unis with a green helmet. I do hope they don't go with black jerseys for all the games though. I would like to see 1 game with black jerseys/black pants and a second with black jerseys/green pants. Otherwise use the traditional green jerseys.

Sioux Football insider prediction

UND will wear the black uniforms for every home game after it brings them good luck vs. Portland State. On the road they will wear white jerseys with the brand new black pants which will make for an awesome looking uniform
I hope they're right. I love the white over black that was popular pre-2007 and with the added green stripes I think they will help the green in the numbers pop. So excited!

They look better which will appeal to recruits and fans, so yes - they will be more functional.

That is one interesting side of functional, but I agree.

I meant gameplay functionality, such as tighter fitting, etc like someone alluded earlier. They said the greens are basically trash compared to the blacks in this regard.

• Upvote 1

That is one interesting side of functional, but I agree.

I meant gameplay functionality, such as tighter fitting, etc like someone alluded earlier. They said the greens are basically trash compared to the blacks in this regard.

I think the point you just mentioned is critical in this discussion. I mean, most alternate uniforms (in the NCAA-both FCS and FBS) are different in terms of color and design, not functionality. Nonetheless, if you have two options for home jerseys and one gives you a better on-field advantage than the other, why would you even flirt with the one that puts you at a disadvantage (loose fitting jerseys). I think the football team and the athletic department should think about this and obviously realize color and design does not take priority over practical application. Wear the blacks all the time until better green jerseys are ordered, period.

• Upvote 1

Back in the days of the "tear-away jersey" I remember that it looked like backs (Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas in particular) had stuff waiving in the wind, trailing behind them. Those jerseys were loose and there was a lot to grab onto in the back of the jersey. But when you grabbed it ... poof! ... tear-away and the back is gone. When the tear-aways were outlawed they went with the same cut for a while. But they changed to a tighter cut in the lower back shortly thereafter. Now why was that? Just coincidence?