SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

If UND spends money on black "alternates" and doesn't replace the primary home and away unis, that is a fail.

The uniforms of the past few years are generic and cheap looking. There are teams in the EDC that dress better.

I don't see them being "cheap" looking. I actually don't mind them at all. They may be just getting one set at a time who knows.

If UND spends money on black "alternates" and doesn't replace the primary home and away unis, that is a fail.

The uniforms of the past few years are generic and cheap looking. There are teams in the EDC that dress better.

It's only a matter of time before they get new whites and greens. For right now, the new metallic green helmets and black alternate jerseys are most definitely an upgrade over what the situation was last year.

Anyone else wonder why they don't sell replica football jerseys? Don't you think that there would be a demand for those? You see UND football jerseys but they aren't replica ones. I think that if the Siouxshop sold replicas of these new black jerseys, they would sell a lot!! I know I would but one!!

Anyone else wonder why they don't sell replica football jerseys? Don't you think that there would be a demand for those? You see UND football jerseys but they aren't replica ones. I think that if the Siouxshop sold replicas of these new black jerseys, they would sell a lot!! I know I would but one!!

football fans aren't quite like hockey fans when it comes to the addiction to jerseys from what I have gathered. I do see more jerseys at Bison games than I used to, but it seems like everyone at hockey games wears them. All my UND friends have a hockey jersey too. Its like its a right of passage up there. Companies might not think there is enough demand right now I guess too.

football fans aren't quite like hockey fans when it comes to the addiction to jerseys from what I have gathered. I do see more jerseys at Bison games than I used to, but it seems like everyone at hockey games wears them. All my UND friends have a hockey jersey too. Its like its a right of passage up there. Companies might not think there is enough demand right now I guess too.

I believe one reason is that hockey jerseys tend to have a very prominent and appealing logo on the chest, rather than a football jersey with a number. Also, that Indian head logo looked so damn sweet on a hockey jersey!

Mussman mentioned a few interesting things this morning on 740 The Fan.

*They ordered all blacks uniforms (both jerseys and pants) and they should be in by August 1st

*They expect to reveal the black uniforms on media day, which is typically sometime during first week of camp. First practice of fall camp this season is Aug. 2nd

*Also, Mussman said they will order all-green pants next season and they plan to use a "Oregon-type" switchup in terms of uniforms. That means they'll have black/green/white jerseys and black/green/white pants and will be able to use various uniform combos. This might not sit well with traditionalists but players, and more importantly potential recruits, LOVE that sort of thing. Just look at Oregon, Oklahoma St. etc. and how it's affected recruiting for them. As an FCS school, such a uniform aspect could be huge for recruiting.

The excitement for this season just keeps growing and growing! Can't Wait!

• Upvote 3

Hopefully the numbers on the black jerseys will be green. I think that would look very good!

+1

I was hoping Cal Poly would get black jerseys with green numbers, but from what I hear they are getting gold jerseys with white numbers (like Georgia Tech) as a alternative jersey (for both home and away). The new road uniforms will be white jerseys with gold trim and gold numbers outlined in green with green pants with gold trim.

Can not remember when I was this excited for football to start and I am ALWAYS excited for that.

Best of luck to UND. Glad you joined us in the Big Sky. Now let's go out and show em how good the Great West teams are. I would love to see one of the Great West teams win the Big Sky in the first year.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully the numbers on the black jerseys will be green. I think that would look very good!

While I agree with this, I'm guessing they'll be white with green trim. I hope I'm wrong :) Also, getting green pants in the mix will be pretty sweet too. I've always wondered why they didn't have them.

While I agree with this, I'm guessing they'll be white with green trim. I hope I'm wrong :) Also, getting green pants in the mix will be pretty sweet too. I've always wondered why they didn't have them.

I would suspect that they are in fact green numbers..... or so I hear

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...