SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol singing a new tune

Siouxperfan7

Looks lilke Hak is coming to the realization of the damaging effects on what keeping the name will do to UND's athletic department.

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/229563/

Maybe the "Hockey Only" crowd will start to realize it as well if Hakstol believes it.

It was also reported on the Alumni Association thread and has had some discussion on that thread.

Que Goon in 3..2...1...

Dude give it a rest... Your petty attacks on Hockey fans is growing tiresome... Most of us know the stakes. A lot of us like football or other sports as well...

Edited by Goon

Dude give it a rest... Your petty attacks on Hockey fans is growing tiresome... Most of us know the stakes.

I am not the only one quoting "hockey only"..why attack me? Sic put this on BVille:

Well, it's a bad day for the "hockey-only or die" crowd ...

From the UNDSID Twitter account:

Coach Hakstol at media day: Law mandating use of nickname/logo creates "insurmountable challenges" for athletics dept, student-athletes.

Hakstol discussing the issue right now. "To a certain degree it's my responsibility to speak to some of the facts as I see them."

Hakstol says he spoke with the Engelstad family earlier today out of respect. Speaks today on his own behalf.

Hakstol: "This is not a decision just about hockey. You have to consider all the other sports. This could be very damaging to them."

I'm sure there'll still be some that won't believe Faison, Kelley, ... O'Keefe, ... and now Hakstol.

I am not the only one quoting "hockey only"..why attack me? Sic put this on BVille:

You attacked me... I am not for retaining the name... I don't think it's fair to blame hockey fans for this folly. I didn't sign the petition.

Edited by Goon

I attacked you? I didn't call you by name. Or rip on you personally.

You said cue goon, 3, 2, 1... I figured you were singling me out. I just don't think it's fair to blame the hockey coach for this...There are a whole bunch of people that share the blame in this mess... I am not your enemy, I don't have anything against you, I don't know you to be honest with you...

Edited by Goon

You said cue goon, 3, 2, 1... I figured you were singling me out. I just don't think it's fair to blame the hockey coach for this... I am not your enemy, I don't have anything against you, I don't know you to be honest with you...

Because you ripped on me for using the phrase hockey only...but you don't call out the other posters who use the same phrase. Thats why I said cue Goon, because Siouxperfan7 used the phrase "hockey only", and I gave an example of Sic using the phrase too. Its not me its a lot of people. Thats what irritated me Goon. I meant no disrespect to you. You are not my enemy either. I am sure there are hockey fans who see the good in retiring the name. So I apoligize for any mixup of poorly choiced words.

Oh good nothing has changed except the " mandate by law " But it has kept the attention on the issue & maybe folks will back SL in their lawsuit - But if the chicken littles keep up their D1 crap & Big Sky is Falling I could change my mind - I never wanted the referral but knew it would happen - I thought it should have waited until UND Admin resisted to bring the name back after SL wins their lawsuit

Wow, It is really sad thaving heard Hakstal say what he said. He was the last person other then Robuck and Dean Blaise who I would have thought to hear that from. If only the deans would respond one way or the other. To tell you the trueth I like being called North Dakota. The Sioux banners/ pictures and sioux logo should always be hung in memory; however, it may... I can not believe I am saying this, but maybe it is time to move on. I wish with all my heart in to years when I transfer to UND the sioux in spirit will still live.

• Upvote 1

Wow, It is really sad thaving heard Hakstal say what he said. He was the last person other then Robuck and Dean Blaise who I would have thought to hear that from. If only the deans would respond one way or the other. To tell you the trueth I like being called North Dakota. The Sioux banners/ pictures and sioux logo should always be hung in memory; however, it may... I can not believe I am saying this, but maybe it is time to move on. I wish with all my heart in to years when I transfer to UND the sioux in spirit will still live.

Because you ripped on me for using the phrase hockey only...but you don't call out the other posters who use the same phrase. That's why I said cue Goon, because Siouxperfan7 used the phrase "hockey only", and I gave an example of Sic using the phrase too. Its not me its a lot of people. That's what irritated me Goon. I meant no disrespect to you. You are not my enemy either. I am sure there are hockey fans who see the good in retiring the name. So I apologize for any mixup of poorly choiced words.

I am sorry I used you an an example...

Oh good nothing has changed except the " mandate by law " But it has kept the attention on the issue & maybe folks will back SL in their lawsuit - But if the chicken littles keep up their D1 crap & Big Sky is Falling I could change my mind - I never wanted the referral but knew it would happen - I thought it should have waited until UND Admin resisted to bring the name back after SL wins their lawsuit

I support the Spirit Lake lawsuit. I just don't think we should have to be under sanctions while it is going on. The repeal law forbid UND from taking a new name until 2015 anyways.....................

• Upvote 1

If you haven't listened to Hak speak, you need to.

He makes a very simple statement:

We can maintain control of one issue and lose control of many others (how were sanctioned, conferences, scheduling) or we can let go of the name and keep control of those many issues so important to the future of UND Athletics.

• Upvote 1

This sounds ridiculous.

What we are, what we do, wasn't made by the name.

UND made the name; the name didn't make UND.

And UND will make a new name, by doing the same things that made the first.

And that, friends, will be the best revenge against the NCAA and its minions.

• Upvote 1