SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol singing a new tune

Siouxperfan7

This has been such a difficult issue for all of us who have cheered for and supported the Fighting Sioux over the years...especially those of us who attended UND. I know we all had to come to terms with the facts in our own time, but it just saddens me that this issue had to be pushed for at least an additional year when the facts were clear to see at the time of the settlement. Now it may be in the hands of the "haters," the completely self-serving, those that have completely lost perspective, and those that have no connection to UND and its tradition at all. But that's "water under the bridge" now. I don't see any point in assigning blame at this point. It's not going to help. I just hope those who are genuinely concerned with UND as a whole can now band together and ensure that the name and logo are respectfully retired. It's time to stop fighting with each other and to start working together to make sure the right and reasonable thing is accomplished for UND and the state of North Dakota. The facts need to be made clear to those who are still ignorant of the realities involved.

• Upvote 1