SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday Night @ Duluth

WiSioux

Why can't the boys play like the last 5 of the 3rd all game?

Honestly, if Blood didn't take that boneheaded 5-minute major penalty I think we could've won this game. This series shows that UND can play with the top teams. Hell, we should've swept them. So I'm somewhat a little disappointed in the loss.

Sounded like we played pretty well, really took the play to Duluth 5on5 and had a number of chances that just missed. Duluth going 4-8 on the pp is a little bit concerning, but they have a good pp and we killed well against it last night. Very important for the boys to put this one behind them and continue to play well against Tech next week. Must get 4 points next week at home!

Honestly, if Blood didn't take that boneheaded 5-minute major penalty I think we could've won this game. This series shows that UND can play with the top teams. Hell, we should've swept them. So I'm somewhat a little disappointed in the loss.

I concur. Yeah the refs are inept at best, if not intentionally biased, but we shouldn't give them any opportunity to call a 5 minute major, even if it was weak.

I think over the last few years, our teams have gotten better at focusing on beating the other team on the scoreboard and not trying to live up to some idea of "old time Fighting Sioux hockey", but they could go a little bit further, in that regard.

Just don't waste your energy and risk a penalty by playing the body hard every time. It's not worth it and we are good enough to win without doing that.

Brown and Connoly each had 2 PP goals(including 5 on 3s and 5 min. major) on the weekend

Rowney with 4 Even Strength goals on the weekend.

UMD is OVER-RATED

Amen. Got some help from the officials and our bone headed penalties and we still almost beat them. All i can say is 7>1. They are even lucky to have that 1.

Just got back to the hotel from AmsOil. Going into the weekend Duluth really scared me. I must say that I was not terribly impressed with them. They were great on the pp tonight, but I thought the Sioux were definitely the better team 5-on-5. I agree with the person who said if you take out Blood's major, the Sioux probably win (not blaming the refs for the loss). Sioux nearly completed the rally as Duluth barely held on. Sioux need to continue to play with that kind of intensity.

Eids played great in relief, and it seemed like Parks and Lamoureux were on the ice all the time. Also thought Mattson played really well.

Sioux shot themselves in the foot last night by going to the box way to often in the first period. In my opinion Blood cost them the game by getting kicked out with cfb major. Stupid selfish play on his part when he knows the Sioux are shorthanded.Nice comeback though after being down by three 22 minutes into the game only to lose 5-4 and Rowney damn near tying it up with 6 seconds left in the game. Nice to see him have a great weeknd. Looks like there is another scoring threat besides that first line and it couldn't come at a better time.

Sioux shot themselves in the foot last night by going to the box way to often in the first period. In my opinion Blood cost them the game by getting kicked out with cfb major. Stupid selfish play on his prt when he knows the Sioux are shorthanded.Nice comeback though after being down by three 22 minutes into the game only to lose 5-4 and Rowney damn near tying it up with 6 seconds left in the game. Nice to see him have a great weeknd. Looks like there is another scoring threat besides that first line and it couldn't come at a better time.

No doubt. It is difficult to overstate the importance of a confident Carter Rowney heading into the stretch run.

Was at Wild game last night so was getting texts from buddy on score. Initially thought Dell laid an egg until I read about Blood's CFB, UMD's 2 5x3 PP and 7 UMD PPs in the 1st 23 min. of the game.

When your captain (Mario), assistant captain (Mac) and former assistant captain (Blood) are the top 3 in penalties on the team, with a good number of them ill-advised, it makes it tough for a team short haneded on depth and pure talent to overcome. One thing about this team though is they have grit and heart.

A sweep of Tech is needed.