SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I was concerned when I saw his size and 4.7 40. However, he was a pretty good hurdler as a junior despite it being his first year hurdling. He ran anchor on the team's 4X200 relay team that finished 6th in state (big school division). So he must have pretty good speed. He also high jumped 6'2" - darn good for a 5'9" kid!

The UND strength staff will work on getting rid of the long track stride. He also will stop wrestling too which will loosen up his overall running style.

I'm not sure why they'd want to shorten his stride. That would make him easier to catch on a long run. They just need to beef him up so he gets faster and stronger and more explosive

I was concerned when I saw his size and 4.7 40. However, he was a pretty good hurdler as a junior despite it being his first year hurdling. He ran anchor on the team's 4X200 relay team that finished 6th in state (big school division). So he must have pretty good speed. He also high jumped 6'2" - darn good for a 5'9" kid!

40 times are just as much about technique as they are about actual running ability. High schoolers in the Midwest usually don't know how to run a 40.

• Upvote 1

He looks pretty raw physically but seems to catch the ball with ease and looks comfortable finding soft spots to settle in for his qb

Yeah, just think if he had a QB that could get him some of those passes in stride. He had to stop, turn around and go for a bunch of them.

Ruhe looks like a bit of a project. But he's got size at 6'6" and a frame that will take more beef. He's listed at 225# now.

And size is one thing you can't teach. It looks like in high school they liked to get him the ball in space and let him do some after the catch running, lined him up split out wide even with other tight ends in the game (they usually stayed in and blocked). Welcome Kyle!

I have enjoyed the fact that the peanut gallery from down south is nowhere to be found this year in the UND recruiting thread. Tells me alot about about how our recruiting is going - no questioning who offered, etc.

Silence is golden, golden.......

1) i'm pretty sure you were bitching just a few pages ago about all the NDSU people

2) there don't seem to be many, if any athletes that both schools have gone after, as opposed to last year. In other words a lot less to bicker about. Both schools appear to be largely getting enough of the players they want. On the other hand I think both schools are still in need of linebackers, so perhaps things will pick up in the competition department.

And size is one thing you can't teach. It looks like in high school they liked to get him the ball in space and let him do some after the catch running, lined him up split out wide even with other tight ends in the game (they usually stayed in and blocked). Welcome Kyle!

A big tight end is a pretty tough weapon to counter imo. definitely like the potential.

Just realized why ac never loses a recruiting battle to UND, AJ Stockwell was offered by both it was on the first page of their recruitng page. They then have offered but verbelled to another school section, which they move some names too, but low and behold no Stockwell, and Stockwell has been removed like he was never even being recruited by them?

Just funny I guess, to me.

• Upvote 3

Just realized why ac never loses a recruiting battle to UND, AJ Stockwell was offered by both it was on the first page of their recruitng page. They then have offered but verbelled to another school section, which they move some names too, but low and behold no Stockwell, and Stockwell has been removed like he was never even being recruited by them?

Just funny I guess, to me.

You just realized that now? :lol:

That's just how they roll over there. Always have. Thought that was just common knowledge?

And you are right, it is funny.