SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

So coming out of high school one year ago, he was rated higher than most if not all of the majority of the young lineman you just named. But since he had the opportunity and chose to go somewhere bigger than those guys that are now FU players, he would have no chance coming there and playing? And you have seen little to no game action from any of them, but just assume they are better? Not sure I am following your logic other than you may or may not get him, so you need to make sure that there is a reason in your back pocket in case you don't.

It is called excuse readiness.

Reading about some of the posters on FUville questioning Dustin's character as a person because he is transferring is comedy. So kids who forge petitions made a mistake but are of good character? A kid changing schools because he wants to pursue a different college major to better prepare for his future potentially has character issues?

FUlogic at its finest

• Upvote 1

Reading about some of the posters on FUville questioning Dustin's character as a person because he is transferring is comedy. So kids who forge petitions made a mistake but are of good character? A kid changing schools because he wants to pursue a different college major to better prepare for his future potentially has character issues?

FUlogic at its finest

I see there was a shot or two at Mollberg on there as well. Classy. But they didn't want him. That was what Bohl must have told him when he called from TCF Bank field right before their UofM game. Glad that they have moooooved on.

So coming out of high school one year ago, he was rated higher than most if not all of the majority of the young lineman you just named. But since he had the opportunity and chose to go somewhere bigger than those guys that are now FU players, he would have no chance coming there and playing? And you have seen little to no game action from any of them, but just assume they are better? Not sure I am following your logic other than you may or may not get him, so you need to make sure that there is a reason in your back pocket in case you don't.

I believe what he was saying was that we don't have space for him. We have plenty of O-line on scholarship, and very few scholarships to give out this year. Even if we did want him(you'd have to ask the coaching staff), is getting him worth giving up a scholarship to give out at a different position? Hopefully the staff makes the right decision.

I see there was a shot or two at Mollberg on there as well. Classy. But they didn't want him. That was what Bohl must have told him when he called from TCF Bank field right before their UofM game. Glad that they have moooooved on.

I like how they say come to NDSU and play for a winner or go to UND and never play for anything. Didn't NDSU go 3-8 just a few seasons ago? Its something how you can have a run of good luck (NDSU's transition) then all of a sudden you hit a wall (2008 6-5 and 2009 3-8). Just because you win a title doesn't mean you are automatic to win it the next season. You have to have a good class, and good coaching (or as in NDSU's case...a good lawyer).

I believe what he was saying was that we don't have space for him. We have plenty of O-line on scholarship, and very few scholarships to give out this year. Even if we did want him(you'd have to ask the coaching staff), is getting him worth giving up a scholarship to give out at a different position? Hopefully the staff makes the right decision.

I do agree, the coaching staff is the one who needs to figure out if you have space for him. But saying

You tell me if Adams has a chance to play at NDSU

But we have way too many quality guys for the next 4 years

is not that. It is saying guys that are already there are better, even though the majority of them haven't seen the field yet. They very well could end up better, but nothing is a guarantee in the world of recruiting.

I do agree, the coaching staff is the one who needs to figure out if you have space for him. But saying

is not that. It is saying guys that are already there are better, even though the majority of them haven't seen the field yet. They very well could end up better, but nothing is a guarantee in the world of recruiting.

Happens in the NFL. There are lots of busts of players that were good in college. But until you see them at that next level you can't say he is better.

After recruits sign with UND the Bison fans always throw them under the bus. jdub27 was right. Bohl called Mollberg from right on the Gopher field when they were ready to tee it up with Bison. They desperately wanted Mollberg . Since then Bison fans have blew off Mollberg like he is not that good and that NDSU really didn't want him. Nobody knows for sure how good Mollberg is going to be. It doesn't change the the fact that the Bison wanted him badly.

After recruits sign with UND the Bison fans always throw them under the bus. jdub27 was right. Bohl called Mollberg from right on the Gopher field when they were ready to tee it up with Bison. They desperately wanted Mollberg . Since then Bison fans have blew off Mollberg like he is not that good and that NDSU really didn't want him. Nobody knows for sure how good Mollberg is going to be. It doesn't change the the fact that the Bison wanted him badly.

Its because NDSU knows football. UND only knows hockey. UND can never ever win a recruiting war with the Bison nor can they ever have good players (even if UND players end up in the NFL).

I like how they say come to NDSU and play for a winner or go to UND and never play for anything. Didn't NDSU go 3-8 just a few seasons ago? Its something how you can have a run of good luck (NDSU's transition) then all of a sudden you hit a wall (2008 6-5 and 2009 3-8). Just because you win a title doesn't mean you are automatic to win it the next season. You have to have a good class, and good coaching (or as in NDSU's case...a good lawyer).

going 10-1 4 of the last 7 years sounds like a run of luck to me too.

In all the blather about mollberg over the last year+ this is something I have never heard.

If anyone needs a good laugh check out bisonville and read the post about Adams. They're chasing eachothers tails as if they've already lost him to us. Most likely they will but my goodness, we get it, your Dicks are huge ndsu fans, no need to tell us over and over again while you drive by in your bright yellow Corvette.

If anyone needs a good laugh check out bisonville and read the post about Adams. They're chasing eachothers tails as if they've already lost him to us. Most likely they will but my goodness, we get it, your Dicks are huge ndsu fans, no need to tell us over and over again while you drive by in your bright yellow Corvette.

They also play us every game it seems

Apparently reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points. And here I thought UND fans NEVER went to any other teams message boards either. So you are normal.

Read the posts, all I gathered was more of what I said on here, scholarship money can be used elsewhere with this current class.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points. And here I thought UND fans NEVER went to any other teams message boards either. So you are normal.

No, I said I never went over there. I wasn't speaking for all UND fans. I think a lot do, but, only a few actually comment from what I can gather.

Over here, you get the feel that the Bunny, Jacks, Salukis, Panthers, BearKats, etc. (insert so-called "rival") message boards were all shut down and that there was nowhere else in the world to troll. Like someone said a bit earlier in this thread: it's like AC is playing UND every week. This is odd for a fan base (AC) who made it so clear to us that they'd moooved on. UND fans never claimed to have moved on; we only moved apart. Now that we are coming out of the desert that was transition, we yearn (and sometimes obsess) to compare ourselves to the competition -- in the Big Sky and across the FCS -- especially when the biggest baddest brutha at the moment happens to be on the same block. Most of us appreciate/tolerate most of your two cents -- but don't expect us to have to like it. I don't think your arrogance has escalated to that level yet.

Sometimes it's a family discussion. Don't expect to be welcomed with wide open sympathetic arms.

• Upvote 1

And yet we're playing for the NC! Something you guys might never do once let alone back to back. Once UM gets back on track get use to being .500 in the BSC.

And yet we're playing for the NC! Something you guys might never do once let alone back to back. Once UM gets back on track get use to being .500 in the BSC.

Kinda like how NDSU was king in the 80's and early 90's... No way UND can make it to the top. All in good time. It took NDSU over 20 years to host a playoff game let along play for a title. It goes in streaks.

• Upvote 1