SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Harvard Friday

bcblues

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Harvard credit. They knew the officials wouldn't call another one so they did everything in their power to prevent the puck from getting to their net.

Boy would the Sioux love to have Forbort, Lamoureax, Grimaldi, and Knight back in the lineup. The Sioux couldn't roll lines in the third period, and looked like they got absolutely gassed.

UND was gassed, but gotta love the OT effort

Agreed 100 percent. Kristo, Nelson, and Blood played a ton of minutes, and they all played extremely hard in OT.

In OT you could see Blood absolutely hit a wall when he rushed the puck up the ice and tried to create a chance. The guy is an absolute warrior. He could be making a lot of money playing hockey elsewhere, but he came back and is playing his ass off every shift.

That tie sure feels like a loss.

The Sioux were definitely the more talented team, and it showed, but Dell didn't have his best game and the Sioux fell apart in the 3rd with a 2 goal lead.

That tie certainly doesn't help out PairWise situation. Absolutely need to win the next two games against Harvard and Clarkson now.

Just got back to Fargo with the kids. I took my dad and my oldest son to his first hockey game. His exact words, " this building (REA) is a lot better than the Alerus Center and the Fargodome" keep in mind his mom is a die hard Bison fan and his other grandpa took him to the NDSU-JMU playoff game. I told him the place is called the "palace on the Prairie" and he said he knows why. He cannot wait to go to another Sioux hockey game, but he said this time I hope the Sioux win. Good game overall, and good crowd too.

That tie sure feels like a loss.

The Sioux were definitely the more talented team, and it showed, but Dell didn't have his best game and the Sioux fell apart in the 3rd with a 2 goal lead.

That tie certainly doesn't help out PairWise situation. Absolutely need to win the next two games against Harvard and Clarkson now.

That's an understatement. Harvard is, plain and simple, not very good. Too lazy to look it up, but how many times has a Hak coached squad puked up a two goal lead at home over the last few years??? My guess is 3 to 4 times as many as they have come back from a 2 goal deficit. And this one was in the 3rd period against marginal talent. I know HU has 8 NHL draft picks, but I didn't see that talent last night.

The key stat to me was early in the 2nd, HU had 3 shots on goal and 2 goals. Dell didn't need to have his best game for UND to win last night, he just didn't need to be next to brutal.

Why the coaching/training/medical staff let Knight try and play was beyond me. You could tell he was favoring his knee from his 1st shift and was maybe at 50-60%. This better not be a Rocco situation where they try and let him give it shot and play thru it only to be sidelined for 8 weeks.

UND needed their veterans to step up and they didn't. None of them played poorly, but our freshman carried the load last night. Mattson was amazing. Kristo was really close to being the hero late in the 3rd and in OT.

Big game tonight...no way I see Knight playing. Mario was out last night, but will probably gut it out tonight. Kristo and Nelson need to come up big as does Dell, if he plays.

From where I was sitting, on Knight's first shift of the night he collided with a Harvard player behind the net and could barely get off the ice. From my angle it looked like a "knee to knee" hit, which Hak or the training staff could have never predicted happening.

From where I was sitting, on Knight's first shift of the night he collided with a Harvard player behind the net and could barely get off the ice. From my angle it looked like a "knee to knee" hit, which Hak or the training staff could have never predicted happening.

Jayson Hajdu said that Knight had a great week in practice and Byanni is right, that could happen to anyone. Rodwell took a tough hit to the shoulder and he is a little dinged up as well.

Not disagreeing...he just didn't look 100% during warm-ups or on his shift prior to the "knee to knee". Again my point is look at where Rocco is. Knee injuries are difficult to play thru.

A quirky game to watch in person. The crowd did come to life late in the third period and OT and you had a sense the team would find one more goal. Kristo is so exciting to watch when he has the playmaker's hat on. It would have been a good character statement if they had found a way to bury one. These are the types of situations that you look back on during the course of a season and they tend to separate the good teams from the great ones.