SiouxSports.com Forum

Where are Grimaldi and St Clair

bigskyvikes

I don't think it has ever been hush hush.

St. Clair can't play due to an eligibility issue with the NCAA clearinghouse.

Grimaldi is dealing with a "lower body" injury.

Agree that we could sure use them...Grimaldi especially...we need another scoring threat to complete a second line.

Apparently St. Clair took a couple of high school classes on-line that the NCAA doesn't want to give him credit for. His 2nd appeal just got turned down, (you get three), so I don't know if it looks so good for this year. :( Of course, this is all just the latest rumors. Have no idea how reliable the source is, so take it w/ a grain of salt. :)

Apparently St. Clair took a couple of high school classes on-line that the NCAA doesn't want to give him credit for. His 2nd appeal just got turned down, (you get three), so I don't know if it looks so good for this year. :sad: Of course, this is all just the latest rumors. Have no idea how reliable the source is, so take it w/ a grain of salt. :)

Here's what I've heard about St. Clair (also rumors so not sure how true it is). He took a couple online HS courses from an accredited (at the time) school. Since then, the school lost its accreditation, so the NCAA isnt' recognizing those classes - even though at the time he took them it was an accredited school.

If true, yet another example of the NCAA F'ing someone. Was he supposed to look into his crystal ball and see that 2 years into the future this was going to happen, so he shouldn't have taken these classes from that school?

If anyone else has information, I'd like to hear it.

Here's what I've heard about St. Clair (also rumors so not sure how true it is). He took a couple online HS courses from an accredited (at the time) school. Since then, the school lost its accreditation, so the NCAA isnt' recognizing those classes - even though at the time he took them it was an accredited school.

If true, yet another example of the NCAA F'ing someone. Was he supposed to look into his crystal ball and see that 2 years into the future this was going to happen, so he shouldn't have taken these classes from that school?

That is total bull. At least in college, if a college is accredited when a degree is earned there it doesn't all of a sudden become nullified if the college becomes un-accredited, I don't understand how this works. I am an engineer and I have a co-worker that attended a school that no longer has an accredited engineering program. Every 4 years ABET, which is the accrediting agency for engineering schools, goes to each school that applys and determines if it should be accredited or not. During this persons senior year, ABET came to his school and said the school wasn't meeting its standards so it would no longer be accredited. Everyone person that was enrolled in that degree program at the time would still earn an ABET accredited degree, but future incoming freshman could not. I don't understand how they can just say its not good enough when at the time it was.

By the way, I didn't mean your comment was total bull, just the St. Clair ineligibility situation.

By the way, I didn't mean your comment was total bull, just the St. Clair ineligibility situation.

HA - thanks for the clarification. Yes, as I stated this is what I've heard - whether it's true or not is another thing. I was just wondering if anyone else has info on this, and if this may be true???

Funny thing is - it is complete bull, as you say, but I wouldn't put it past the NCAA.

I knew this stuff also, but I heard about it 6-8 weeks ago, like everyone else.

But why have they not commented on status of these players in so long? That was what I was asking.

I did not hear the stuff about High School credits though! That doesn't seem like it is going to work, too bad!

Maybe to make it fair they could send Gregoir and Hextall back and we say ok to the NCAA, :)

Go Sioux, December can't come quick enough...........

Schlossman had Hak quoted as Grimaldi is doubtful earlier this week. That's not very hush-hush.

At the press conference Hakstol said first he didn't know, then he said doubtful... Last time he said Roco was doubtful he actually played against B.C. so I suppose there is a chance and I crossing my fingers .

Grimaldi is playing on the 4th line tonight with Senkbeil and Gleason. I really hope he is at 100% and putting him on the 4th line is just to ease him into real competition. If he is indeed 100% healthy, I doubt he makes it a full game playing on that line, I would expect him to be on the powerplay as well.

Grimaldi is playing on the 4th line tonight with Senkbeil and Gleason. I really hope he is at 100% and putting him on the 4th line is just to ease him into real competition. If he is indeed 100% healthy, I doubt he makes it a full game playing on that line, I would expect him to be on the powerplay as well.

This is the second time that he has been doubtful ends up playing... Crosses fingers.

putting him on the 4th line will keep his minutes down....

The whole St. Clair thing stinks of mismanagement at UND or the NCAA, honestly probably UND. This is a kid that had years in juniors. The NCAA or UND had plenty of time to make sure that his academics were in order. It is not as if he was a 17 year old being rushed to graduate a year early. There were years check and recheck. I doubt he is a dumb kid as he was initially going to CC.

The whole St. Clair thing stinks of mismanagement at UND or the NCAA, honestly probably UND. This is a kid that had years in juniors. The NCAA or UND had plenty of time to make sure that his academics were in order. It is not as if he was a 17 year old being rushed to graduate a year early. There were years check and recheck. I doubt he is a dumb kid as he was initially going to CC.

Your argument is that he is not dumb because he wanted to go to CC but chose und instead?

Your argument is that he is not dumb because he wanted to go to CC but chose und instead?

Colorado College has like a 35 percent acceptance rate. It is a tough academic school. Meaning the average gps of incoming freshmen is a 3.7. That is what he meant by Colten not being dumb.

GF Herald article about St. Clair's eligibility issues

St. Clair had the option to leave college and instead play major juniors in the Western Hockey League. The Kootenay Ice reached out to St. Clair, but the forward told him he’s set on staying at UND.

St. Clair will have four years of eligibility beginning next year.

“I went through training camp and became close with the guys here,” St. Clair said. “I’d never leave them for another team. I chose to come here for a reason and I’m going to stick around for that.”

Read this article, Colten St. Clair has the attitude and drive that I want every current and future Sioux player to have, honestly how many players in his situation would stick it out this year, its not like this kid has no future in hockey, if he would have had a solid year this season he very well could be have been a late round draft pick as an overager. He will be a great 4 year player for us.