SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

29 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Not sure what you mean by this?  Unless your taking a jab at how the Gopher programs has fallen since it left the WCHA?

More about how Gopher hockey has lost its crowds.  St Thomas hockey will have them, at least initially.  The rivalry will be intense, especially for UST.

St Thomas has 22 sports, with baseball, M/W lacrosse, m/w swimming and m/w soccer.  That wouldn’t help the Summit for at least five years for baseball and men’s sipoccer requirements.  Bet if when Summit League starts FBS, it will also sponsor women’s lacrosse with new teams in addition to UST.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

That wouldn’t help the Summit for at least five years for baseball and men’s sipoccer requirements.  

Bet if when Summit League starts FBS, it will also sponsor women’s lacrosse with new teams in addition to UST.

Disagree. If needed, the NCAA would grant a waiver just like they did when Omaha was transitioning. There would be a plan to get back in compliance, that's all they care about. 

Why would the Summit sponsor a sport no existing members have and have no reason to start? I mean they aren't going to sponsor FBS football in the current landscape either but you supposedly where done talking about that when your self-imposed deadline of July 1 passed but we all knew that wasn't happening either. 

32 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Disagree. If needed, the NCAA would grant a waiver just like they did when Omaha was transitioning. There would be a plan to get back in compliance, that's all they care about. 

Why would the Summit sponsor a sport no existing members have and have no reason to start? I mean they aren't going to sponsor FBS football in the current landscape either but you supposedly where done talking about that when your self-imposed deadline of July 1 passed but we all knew that wasn't happening either. 

You’re like a bison fan that insists ORU, UMKC and WIU want an upper Midwest league.

The Summit makes WIU and ORU key members based on their sports, which is insane.

28 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So Summit Travel partners in 2021-22

UND/NDSU

USD/SDSU

Omaha/WIU

UMKC/ORU

DU/St. Thomas

Or would they go

UND/NDSU

USD/SDSU

Omaha/DU

WIU/St. Thomas

UMKC/ORU

The VB conference schedules aren’t mini mirror images this year for UND/NDSU so it appears travel partners aren’t used, even though they should be.

15 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You’re like a bison fan that insists ORU, UMKC and WIU want an upper Midwest league.

The Summit makes WIU and ORU key members based on their sports, which is insane.

Two of the three teams you mentioned already have left the league and came back because their other options were worse than the Summit. 

And you continue to insist that teams that are hundreds of miles further away than those three want into the Summit so.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Two of the three teams you mentioned already have left the league and came back because their other options were worse than the Summit. 

And you continue to insist that teams that are hundreds of miles further away than those three want into the Summit so.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ORU and UMKC only came back because the Summit was the most palatable option.  Both would leave in split second.  Unlike UND which wants portion of MSP,  both schools want a tiny sliver of Dallas and Houston.  They want a conference more solidly like what Tulsa and Wichita St have now.

When the northern Big Sky joins, their travel would decrease overall and academic and athletic prestige would only increase over what they have now.  It’s a no brained for those Presidents. You need to harass the Montana President so he doesn’t make a major mistake in your eyes.

The Summit with the Northern Big Sky schools would no longer be a garbage conveyor spitting out schools every year which is its history.  It would finally be stable, which you are much opposed too.

6 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

It would finally be stable, which your much opposed too.

You're projecting. You are the one who is continously predicting all this movement.

The Summit is more stable now than it has been in a long time with a core of the Dakota schools, Omaha and St. Thomas. Denver isn't going anywhere unless they adjust their sports offerings, which they don't want to do. UMKC and ORU already left and came back and the Roo's aren't intriguing to anyone else. 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:53 PM, jdub27 said:

You're projecting. You are the one who is continously predicting all this movement.

The Summit is more stable now than it has been in a long time with a core of the Dakota schools, Omaha and St. Thomas. Denver isn't going anywhere unless they adjust their sports offerings, which they don't want to do. UMKC and ORU already left and came back and the Roo's aren't intriguing to anyone else. 

Summit movement can set clocks.  Like that is projecting.  You are just a foolish poster that wants everything the same, which by definition in the Summit can’t happen unless it’s schools are upgraded west.  Maybe stability is possible in the Big Sky, but that league just flounders and become non-competitive.

Getting state flagship and land grant schools together will stop that happening in the Summit.  The league would be much more prestigious than either the Summit or Big Sky is now.

If another layer of FBS schools begins in Texas, UMKC and ORU would join them if possible, but not for FBS for themselves.  Just lIke UTA and UALR.  Or even if CUSA splits, ORU and UMKC would beg for non-fb spots.  Just moving to FBS in a lowly G5 league grants so much more credibility for its programs, unlike FCS

Said this before and got mocked, but St Thomas is a legitimate candidate to go to the Big East with time and success.

Charley Waters said the St Thomas has actually talked to the Big East.  Sure that UST wants tips from like Creighton to be prepared for a long term journey of at least a decade, the Summit < MVC < Big East.  That’s the power of the MSP TV market.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/21/charley-walters-its-vikings-fault-theyre-stuck-with-kirk-cousins/

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Said this before and got mocked, but St Thomas is a legitimate candidate to go to the Big East with time and success.

You posted about it once and nobody responded, let alone mocked you.

You also said St. Thomas won't get an NCAA exception, so we will see how that plays out.

17 hours ago, southpaw said:

You posted about it once and nobody responded, let alone mocked you.

You also said St. Thomas won't get an NCAA exception, so we will see how that plays out.

Wrong again as usual.  The spelling nazi poster from the MSP Wisconsin suburbs said I believed "that UST could get in the SEC."

I didnt believe that UST could get an exemption, but I do believe that DIII to DI rule should have had many years notice.  Its unfair to members how one day a move from DIII to DI would be allowed and the next day it would take 12 years.

Wrong again as usual.  A well versed poster from the MSP Wisconsin suburbs said I believed "that UST could get in the SEC."

I didnt believe that UST could get an exemption, but I do believe that DIII to DI rule should have had many years notice.  Its unfair to members how one day a move from DIII to DI would be allowed and the next day it would take 12 years.

To be fair, you do deserve to be mocked. Especially for this post which you deleted after your information was again wrong. 

Screenshot_20190803-073202_Chrome.jpg

14 hours ago, southpaw said:

To be fair, you do deserve to be mocked. Especially for this post which you deleted after your information was again wrong. 

Screenshot_20190803-073202_Chrome.jpg

This situation reminds me of after the dotcom bust, and a Grand Forks citizen told me that Amazon in GF was a bust as the penny ante stock price was so down.  But it proceeded to go up by thousands over the coming years in spite of the blowhard's comments.

I deleted that post because I going to be believe in my idea as the right thing for UND and not listen to a blowhard who thinks he's an expert when he has shown no knowledge about the subject, not even presenting thoughts except bashing.

This situation reminds me of after the dotcom bust, and a Grand Forks citizen told me that Amazon in GF was a bust as the stock price was so down.  Bet it proceeded to go up by thousands over the coming years in spite of the blowhard's comments.

I deleted that post because I going to be believe in my idea as the right thing for UND and not listen to a blowhard who thinks he's an expert when he has shown no knowledge about the subject, not even presenting thoughts except bashing.

I've already said that I think an FCS conference made up of the western Summit, the Montanas, and Idahos would be great for rivalries and stability. 

Where we differ is that I don't believe UND should be FBS with these teams. At least not for the next dozen years or so. UND can't afford the additional annual costs it would require, plus a new stadium, to be playing the same teams they already play. 

I also was the first to mention the WAC looking at being an FCS conference, which seems much more likely at this point than any predictions you've made. 

Were you showing your vast knowledge when you said UND would go FBS several years ago, or when you said UND would never join the Summit, or that the WCHA tourney would return to the X if they only added St. Thomas, Minot and Mary?

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

This situation reminds me of after the dotcom bust, and a Grand Forks citizen told me that Amazon in GF was a bust as the stock price was so down.  Bet it proceeded to go up by thousands over the coming years in spite of the blowhard's comments.

The question is why are you still posting about this when you said you wouldnt???

Then again you said you wouldnt post again about FBS if an announcement wast made by a certain time and you still yammer on about that as well.

Since you lied about that this really isnt that surprising.

28 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Will both will get invites in anticipation of the ever-revolving door of the Summit? How long will Western Illinois be a member? Oral Roberts?

Believe WIU heads to the OVC like EIU and SIUE did.

Still maintain that UMKC and ORU go to the FBS WAC as non fb schools.

52 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Plus...with Summit offices in Sanford building, don’t believe anything comes from Sanford without strings. Krabbenhoft wants Augie in.  Just sayin’.

Augie will get in eventually.

The MVC needs private schools to expand as only St Louis, the A-10 is a more exclusive league, Belmont, not interested yet, Detroit, too far, are on its candidate list.  It needs a private to go with public Murray St.  UST will probably stay in for only its transition and then depart, like UNK did when it went to the Horizon.  Both the Horizon and MVC have rules forbidding DII moveups directly.

UST will have unheard of opportunities because leagues want the MSP market.  UST only has to build an arena near campus.