SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

7 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Lol, they made the final four one time in 1970.  I guess Loyola-Chicago is a powerhouse in Bball then with a National Championship and another Final Four appearance?

Loyola Chi promised to upgrade their program financially when they got in the MVC and lo and behold they made the Final Four again after a long drought in just a few years.  Totally defeats what you are saying.  Schools can upgrade their programs.

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Your supposition indicates Jacksonville wants to be an also-ran forever.  Where’s your proof?   Who would be that stupid but you?  But their press release states they dropped football and the money saved will be redirected to other DI athletic programs.  Too dumb for you to even get educated.

Jacksonville has made very boneheaded decisions, like leaving the Sun Belt for the ASUN because it had Florida schools like UCF and USF.  Then the Sun Belt invited FAU and FIU and USF and UCF left the ASUn for bigger and more moneyed conferences.  Your decision making ability are par for a school that chose to be in a lesser conference.  Finally they are getting serious about rectifying their other programs.  The Sun Belt would not have kicked them out even without FBS football.

Well when you put it that way, I guess they will be back to their old ways of that glorious one year run they had 50 years ago in no time! I mean, it's literally that easy according to you. The proof is with all the other schools who have dropped sports in order to reallocate resources and then restored decades old glory without problem. 

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well when you put it that way, I guess they will be back to their old ways of that glorious one year run they had 50 years ago in no time! I mean, it's literally that easy according to you. The proof is with all the other schools who have dropped sports in order to reallocate resources and then restored decades old glory without problem. 

Baseball would be so much easier, but mbb is possible but not easy.  Coastal Carolina beat out all the P5 schools just a few years ago.

14 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Loyola Chi promised to upgrade their program financially when they got in the MVC and lo and behold they made the Final Four again after a long drought in just a few years.  Totally defeats what you are saying.  Schools can upgrade their programs.

You really want to keep digging here?

This isnt some fallen program like Georgetown or St John's trying to come back to relevance. 

7 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

You really want to keep digging here?

This isnt some fallen program like Georgetown or St John's trying to come back to relevance. 

All you have lost on a logical basis but now rely on emotional arguments.

DePaul could fit jdub27's doesn't care status anymore.  They have so many family members admin that just want to be paid, regardless of how they perform

Was given an example of a school that resurrected its past status with effort and money, and you just  strenuously object.

33 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

All you have lost on a logical basis but now rely on emotional arguments.

DePaul could fit jdub27's doesn't care status anymore.  They have so many family members admin that just want to be paid, regardless of how they perform

Was given an example of a school that resurrected its past status with effort and money, and you just  strenuously object.

Yep.

Jacksonville U's president was overheard saying "Gators and Seminoles beware...we comin' back baby! Let's gooo!"

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

So now all the Cal FCS schools have coaches that are capable of leading an FBS move.

All those Cali schools will soon move to the WAC and begin the disintegration of the Big Sky to weaker and poorer schools.

Just curious, but how does being an incredibly unsuccessful offensive coordinator in FBS then make you qualified to lead a team from FCS to FBS?

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

Just curious, but how does being an incredibly unsuccessful offensive coordinator in FBS then make you qualified to lead a team from FCS to FBS?

Cal hasn't been to the Rose Bowl since 1959 despite having stellar QBs like Aaron Rodgers and Jared Goff.  Beau is a loser like them in your world.

19 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Cal hasn't been to the Rose Bowl since 1959 despite having stellar QBs like Aaron Rodgers and Jared Goff.  Beau is a loser like them in your world.

You didn't answer my question. 

But yes, I do think Beau was a very unsuccessful FBS OC, mainly due to the fact Cal finished last in the PAC12 nearly every major offensive category.

So, once again I ask: Just curious, but how does being an incredibly unsuccessful offensive coordinator in FBS then make you qualified to lead a team from FCS to FBS?

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

You didn't answer my question. 

But yes, I do think Beau was a very unsuccessful FBS OC, mainly due to the fact Cal finished last in the PAC12 nearly every major offensive category.

So, once again I ask: Just curious, but how does being an incredibly unsuccessful offensive coordinator in FBS then make you qualified to lead a team from FCS to FBS?

He won't be coaching a PAC12 team but will play them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

He won't be coaching a PAC12 team but will play them.

Yup, they're scheduled vs Cal next year. 

Once again, I must have missed this part in your answer: how does being an incredibly unsuccessful offensive coordinator in FBS then make you qualified to lead a team from FCS to FBS?

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Yup, they're scheduled vs Cal next year. 

Once again, I must have missed this part in your answer: how does being an incredibly unsuccessful offensive coordinator in FBS then make you qualified to lead a team from FCS to FBS?

Was an incredibly successful HC at FCS with a school that had to pinch pennies.

P5 OC and DC's go G5 HC's all the time, like your so dumb again.

57 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Was an incredibly successful HC at FCS with a school that had to pinch pennies.

P5 OC and DC's go G5 HC's all the time, like your so dumb again.

*you're © @MafiaMan

Do lots of horribly unsuccessful OCs from P5 schools become G5 HCs? I doubt it.

And so his credentials, that led you to call him a coach capable of helping Cal Poly go FBS, are that he coached well at a poorer FCS school and then had a demonstrably bad role as a P5 OC?

No experience as HC above FCS, no success at FBS, and no experience transitioning a school from one level to another. 

You're basing it on all the fact that other P5 OCs have become G5 HCs?

Current list of Big Sky and MVFC schools with head coaches who were previously FBS O/DCs or HCs:

Cal Poly

Idaho

Idaho St

Montana

Mt St 

NAU

Sac St

Davis

IL St

IN St

YSU

Based on your expert analysis that former FBS coordinators are great at helping schools move up, it looks like 75% of the Big Sky and just three MVFC teams will be going FBS.

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Current list of Big Sky and MVFC schools with head coaches who were previously FBS O/DCs or HCs:

Cal Poly

Idaho

Idaho St

Montana

Mt St 

NAU

Sac St

Davis

IL St

IN St

YSU

Based on your expert analysis that former FBS coordinators are great at helping schools move up, it looks like 75% of the Big Sky and just three MVFC teams will be going FBS.

didn't the weber hc come from utah?

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

Cal Poly

Idaho

Idaho St

Montana

Mt St 

NAU

Sac St

Davis

IL St

IN St

YSU

All FBS coaches do not come from P5 OC DC's.  That's another falsehood that you threw on me,

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Since July 1 came and went without a peep, best to keep kicking the can down the road.

The Big Sky didn't announce it two years ago with the waiting period because they wanted to keep it secret from the know it alls like you.  The reason UND had to wait three years in the Big Sky is so the Summit football league will have an autobid right out of the gate.

50 days is more conservative as it would cover the NCAA Jan meeting.

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The Big Sky didn't announce it two years ago with the waiting period because they wanted to keep it secret from the know it alls like you.  The reason UND had to wait three years in the Big Sky is so the Summit football league will have an autobid right out of the gate.

50 days is more conservative as it would cover the NCAA Jan meeting.

You must have a list of schools that will be forming this new FBS conference if the announcement is coming within 2 months. Will you enlighten us?