SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

Honestly, I think our futures lay to the west.  I just don't see how there is any other way. 

The first phase was getting the Dakota 4 together to stabilize our relationships and also to show other conferences/schools just how committed we all are to athletics, show them the rivalries and the atmospheres that are created when our teams get together.  Look at the Summit League Tournament in Sioux Falls, look at the great crowds at our football games.

Now the second phase will begin.  Some would say that we could create the NCC 2.0 at the D1 level.  Problem is to do that we need more schools, and Mankato, Augie, etc. aren't moving up.  So maybe UNC joins us along with WIU.  Problem is what is in it for UNC, they've got a good setup in the BSC.  Besides, we'd need more than just WIU and UNC, 6 isn't enough.  The MVC side of the MVFC is not going to join up with us for an all sports conference, or ever let us in the MVC, so forget about that.  So what are the remaining options?  I believe it is with the Montanas, EWU, and Idaho.  The reason is that conference with those schools, the Dakotas, and DU would instantly be the best FCS conference in the country and a high major conference in basketball.  The schools share the same ideals.  It's just a good fit.  But what would make those Sky schools want to do such a thing?  Well, I see the current BSC as having become diluted with some weaker schools.  It's not the same BSC as when Boise State and Nevada were there.  Joining with the Dakota 4 would hit the reset button on that for the Montanas, etc. 

One of 2 things is going to happen, NCC 2.0 or the Big North Conference.

This has always been my dream conference.  UND, NDSU, SDSU, USD, Montana, Montana St, Idaho, Eastern Washington, Northern Colorado, and Denver.  That gives you 9 schools for football which is ideal for scheduling (8 conference games and you play every team in the conference) and by adding non football Denver, it gives you 10 schools for all other sports as well as creating travel partners for every team.  I agree that this would not only be the best conference in the FCS, but would likely be one of the most stable.  A lot of dominoes have to fall to make this a reality, but a guy can dream right!!

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

Honestly, I think our futures lay to the west.  I just don't see how there is any other way. 

The first phase was getting the Dakota 4 together to stabilize our relationships and also to show other conferences/schools just how committed we all are to athletics, show them the rivalries and the atmospheres that are created when our teams get together.  Look at the Summit League Tournament in Sioux Falls, look at the great crowds at our football games.

Now the second phase will begin.  Some would say that we could create the NCC 2.0 at the D1 level.  Problem is to do that we need more schools, and Mankato, Augie, etc. aren't moving up.  So maybe UNC joins us along with WIU.  Problem is what is in it for UNC, they've got a good setup in the BSC.  Besides, we'd need more than just WIU and UNC, 6 isn't enough.  The MVC side of the MVFC is not going to join up with us for an all sports conference, or ever let us in the MVC, so forget about that.  So what are the remaining options?  I believe it is with the Montanas, EWU, and Idaho.  The reason is that conference with those schools, the Dakotas, and DU would instantly be the best FCS conference in the country and a high major conference in basketball.  The schools share the same ideals.  It's just a good fit.  But what would make those Sky schools want to do such a thing?  Well, I see the current BSC as having become diluted with some weaker schools.  It's not the same BSC as when Boise State and Nevada were there.  Joining with the Dakota 4 would hit the reset button on that for the Montanas, etc. 

One of 2 things is going to happen, NCC 2.0 or the Big North Conference.

Thank you for your insights, Yote 53. Question now becomes: do the university presidents and the commissioner's office have the same vision and the cajones to pull it off?

21 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Thank you for your insights, Yote 53. Question now becomes: do the university presidents and the commissioner's office have the same vision and the cajones to pull it off?

That's why they get paid the big bucks.  If a bunch of keyboard jockeys on some message boards can put together an outline for conference realignment that makes sense, I wonder how they cannot see this picture as well.  We don't even have the major complications of having to deal with million/billion dollar TV contracts or Grant-of-Rights or any of those trickier legal contract hurdles.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 2:10 PM, SiouxVolley said:

This is the same Jack fan that will lose any shred of credility if the Summit loses another school as he has said that the Summit is stable.  He's lashing out at me because he wants to remain credible, even though he called UND hockey a niche sport that is not relevant in the Dakotas except for mindless UND grads.

Considering you have no credibility how does that happen?  :lol:  But this your usual tact when you cant debate the content of his post. He was 100% spot on in regards to you.

You never did explain that 10 year master plan to get to the Summit and MVFC while you were espousing your move to FBS. I will hang up and listen.

26 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Considering you have no credibility how does that happen?  :lol:  But this your usual tact when you cant debate the content of his post. He was 100% spot on in regards to you.

You never did explain that 10 year master plan to get to the Summit and MVFC while you were espousing your move to FBS. I will hang up and listen.

Jackfans29 must be your hero now as he has gone on record like you and Southpaw that the Summit will be largely the same in the future.  Invite them for your sausages at your tailgate parties and reminisce about your encounters with big bad me on message boards.  Make sure you have Western Illinois and IPFW fans with you as you celebrate the current Summit lineup.  Thats a whale of an IQ setup for a tailgate party, so sure there will be a lot of deep conversations with those large *ss sausages.  Bison Dan will stop by too so you'll have a monopoly on iodiocy and MplsBison is all in with you too.  That is fine company that you keep.

58 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Jackfans29 must be your hero now as he has gone on record like you and Southpaw that the Summit will be largely the same in the future.  Invite them for your sausages at your tailgate parties and reminisce about your encounters with big bad me on message boards.  Make sure you have Western Illinois and IPFW fans with you as you celebrate the current Summit lineup.  Thats a whale of an IQ setup for a tailgate party, so sure there will be a lot of deep conversations with those large *ss sausages.  Bison Dan will stop by too so you'll have a monopoly on iodiocy and MplsBison is all in with you too.  That is fine company that you keep.

Look at your ability to read other people's minds!  Saying you're full of !@#$ is not the same as believing things will be the same.

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

As long as you dont attend the IQ level will remain quite high.

Why the rub on MplsBison? He is so much like you. He claimed to be an intellectual also. :lol:

I think he ended up getting banned or run off from every board on the net.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

As long as you dont attend the IQ level will remain quite high.

Why the rub on MplsBison? He is so much like you. He claimed to be an intellectual also. :lol:

I think he ended up getting banned or run off from every board on the net.

Don't think I can run with sausage heads like you.  Should not be so harsh on you because the Bizon in your football playing days didn't care about head injuries.  It was a badge of honor there if you got knocked senseless and still stayed on the field, so my condolences on the sausage state of your brain.

MplsBison is so against any Big Sky school joining the Summit that he is trying a arrange a boycott of my postings.  He wasn't banned here, but only agreed to leave when he made a bet that UND would never be a Big Sky school.  A lot of bizon posters agreed with him, but they still troll here. 

A lot of Big Sky school fans think that the Montanas don't have the balls to jump conferences and they get angry at me even putting it out there.

I still contend that the school with bloated ego to und' s south will bail in instant if given invite to another conference. 

Would SDSU??? How much does that Sioux Falls tourney truly play into their decision?

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Don't think I can run with sausage heads like you.  Should not be so harsh on you because the Bizon in your football playing days didn't care about head injuries.  It was a badge of honor there if you got knocked senseless and still stayed on the field, so my condolences on the sausage state of your brain.

MplsBison is so against any Big Sky school joining the Summit that he is trying a arrange a boycott of my postings.  He wasn't banned here, but only agreed to leave when he made a bet that UND would never be a Big Sky school.  A lot of bizon posters agreed with him, but they still troll here. 

A lot of Big Sky school fans think that the Montanas don't have the balls to jump conferences and they get angry at me even putting it out there.

:unsure::silly::lol:

34 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I still contend that the school with bloated ego to und' s south will bail in instant if given invite to another conference. 

Would SDSU??? How much does that Sioux Falls tourney truly play into their decision?

Was fearful of that, but the MVC gave a site visit to Omaha and not to any xDSU, so they are not even on their extended list.  The MVC wants an urban bus league so NDSU is not on their radar.  Any bizon blustery talk of the MAC or MWC is just garbage.  

A new Summit would have academic and research credentials that our Presidents dream of.  That matters even more than athletics.

31 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Instead of attempting to derail the conversation, why don't you contribute to it? 

What does the Summit do to stabilize in your view Bison73?

This isn't derailing the conversation?

18 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

4 hours ago, southpaw said:

This isn't derailing the conversation?

Don't think you or bison73 have ever posted a link on this thread, but just attack ideas that brought up.  Both of you are definitions of trolls here.

There are a number of posters that are substantially more negative on a Northern League, but they have the good graces to not make it a sniping war.  Posters are entitled to their opinion but when you and bizon73 snipe 24 hours a day, I call you on it.

12 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Don't think you or bison73 have ever posted a link on this thread, but just attack ideas that brought up.  Both of you are definitions of trolls here.

There are a number of posters that are substantially more negative on a Northern League, but they have the good graces to not make it a sniping war.  Posters are entitled to their opinion but when you and bizon73 snipe 24 hours a day, I call you on it.

And we cant call you on all of your lies?

5 hours ago, zonadub said:

Instead of attempting to derail the conversation, why don't you contribute to it? 

What does the Summit do to stabilize in your view Bison73?

I dont know. But one has to think that the Summit is unstable to come up with a answer.  To me its not a concern.

18 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I dont know. But one has to think that the Summit is unstable to come up with a answer.  To me its not a concern.

Are your serious? They are at the minimum at both sports required to keep their autobids and IPFW, who has sponsors both, is now out on an island. The Summit has truly never been stable. They currently have a good core, but not the numbers in sports where it matters due to not sponsoring football. Either you aren't paying attention or really only care about football. 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Are your serious? They are at the minimum at both sports required to keep their autobids and IPFW, who has sponsors both, is now out on an island. The Summit has truly never been stable. They currently have a good core, but not the numbers in sports where it matters due to not sponsoring football. Either you aren't paying attention or really only care about football. 

Honestly you guys seem to be more worried about it than we are.   Just because I dont get my panties in a bunch doesnt mean Im not following  whats been going on.  I just dont have a fever over it.  It will be interesting on how it all plays out.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Honestly you guys seem to be more worried about it than we are.   Just because I dont get my panties in a bunch doesnt mean Im not following  whats been going on.  I just dont have a fever over it.  It will be interesting on how it all plays out.

It actually seems strange that three isn't more concern. It's a legit concern. For whatever reason either fans are either unaware or have blind faith in Douple. I'm not sure which is worse. 

• Upvote 2

An article on Morehead St being concerned with being the last Kentucky school left a in the OVC.

Sounds like Murray ST will soon be gone to the MVC.   Some mb chatter about ORU joining too.

And the Horizon still wants 12 too, meaning IPFW is likely gone.

EKU badly wants FBS and is enlarging and modernizing their venues as if a bid is coming.

Grand Forks has a lot more going on than Richmond, KY, where Lexington is just 30 miles away.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mark-story/article165685517.html

If IPFW and ORU are gone, the Summit has to attract two new schools with both baseball and mens soccer, or add men's football with Western teams.