SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Bids into NCAA Tournament.. BSC 15-16 Seed, SL 12-13 Seed.

Really? I know dealing with actual facts gets in the way with your argument but the last 5 years disagree with you.

2013 - SDSU - 13 and Montana - 13

2012 - SDSU - 14 and Montana - 13

2011 - Oakland - 13 and UNC - 15

2010 - Oakland - 14 and Montana - 14

2009 - NDSU - 14 and Portland State - 13

• Upvote 3

Really? I know dealing with actual facts gets in the way with your argument but the last 5 years disagree with you.

Hey now, no facts can be used in this arguement.

In the end it all depends on which team qualifies by winning the tournament, not which conference they come from.

2013: SDSU #13 Montana #13

2012: SDSU #14 Montana #13

2011: Oakland #13 Northern Colorado #15

2010: Oakland #14 Montana #14

2009 NDSU #14 Portland St #13

2008: ORU #13 PSU #16

2007: ORU #14 Weber St #15

2006: ORU #16 Montana #12

2005: Oakland #16 (won playin game) Montana #16

2004: Valpo #15 EWU #15

Out of the last 10 the highest for the SL 13, highest for the BSC #12; lowest for the SL was a playin game #16, lowest for BSC 16.

• Upvote 2

You're going to confuse him, he's not used to dealing with facts on his home forum.
  • Upvote 1

Or this I guess....

Average seed for the Summit the last 5 years: 13.6

Average seed for the Big Sky the last 5 years: 13.6

Average seed the Summit the last 10 years: 14.2

Average seed the Big Sky the last 10 years: 14.2

• Upvote 2

Bids into NCAA Tournament.. BSC 1 (autobid), SL 1 (autobid).

But UND fans rave about the quality of the Big Sky. Well, the Summit in men's basketball, mid-major (14 of 34), Big Sky, low-major (27 of 34). MVFC in football best in FCS, Big Sky middle of pack (4 of about 10). I think NDSU fans are seeing higher quality athletes game in and game out, regardless of what the uniforms say.

But UND fans rave about the quality of the Big Sky. Well, the Summit in men's basketball, mid-major (14 of 34), Big Sky, low-major (27 of 34). MVFC in football best in FCS, Big Sky middle of pack (4 of about 10). I think NDSU fans are seeing higher quality athletes game in and game out, regardless of what the uniforms say.

Results on the field and court continue to show there isn't much of a difference between the two conferences. The Summit's rating this year is propped up by playing and losing to more top 100 teams than the Big Sky. A whopping 25% of RPI involves a teams winning percentage. Both conferences winning percentage against higher ranked teams show that there isn't much difference. And tutside of NDSU, the MVFC wasn't all that special. The Big Sky was top heavy as well.

If only games were played on paper, it would have saved NDSU from getting embarrassed earlier this season from a team from the lowly Big Sky...

Results on the field and court continue to show there isn't much of a difference between the two conferences. The Summit's rating this year is propped up by playing and losing to more top 100 teams than the Big Sky. A whopping 25% of RPI involves a teams winning percentage. Both conferences winning percentage against higher ranked teams show that there isn't much difference. And tutside of NDSU, the MVFC wasn't all that special. The Big Sky was top heavy as well.

If only games were played on paper, it would have saved NDSU from getting embarrassed earlier this season from a team from the lowly Big Sky...

I was more embarrassed for UND and the ND Class B refs they hired for that game.

Opinions vary.

I don't know one UND fan who "raves" about the quality of Big Sky basketball.

NDSU - 26 of 36 FT's - 30 fouls called on them

UND - 33 of 41 FT's - 27 fouls called on them.

The refs weren't the reason your team went 1-12 on three pointers.

:silly:

No, the reason was their best players were on the bench in foul trouble. If UND and NDSU play 10 times in the BSA, NDSU wins 10, NDSU wins 8 out of 10 on a neutral floor, and maybe they split in the Betty.

No, the reason was their best players were on the bench in foul trouble. If UND and NDSU play 10 times in the BSA, NDSU wins 10, NDSU wins 8 out of 10 on a neutral floor, and maybe they split in the Betty.

Ifs ... buts ... Merry Christmas. ;)

Excuses, excuses. You lost, we won accept it.

• Upvote 1

yeah all 300 of them at womens bball games

yeah all 400 of them at volleyball games

yeah all 900 of them at mens bball games

etc etc etc .....

yeah all 300 of them at womens bball games

yeah all 400 of them at volleyball games

yeah all 900 of them at mens bball games

etc etc etc .....

Women's bball NDSU 2 home games over 1,000 (avg 742) ; UND all home games over 1,000 (1565 avg)

Volleyball: NDSU 1 game over 1,000 (avg 750) UND 7 games over 1,000 (avg 1131)

Men's basketball: NDSU Avg 2735, UND avg 1877

Bison fans love to make fun of UND in football attendance, but winning = attendance. Proof is in the numbers, plus nice to see great numbers in the Olympic sports.