SiouxSports.com Forum

More money problems with NDSU.

darell1976

They are funded the same. NDSU and UND are funded the same as their categories of "peer institutions".

Should all schools be funded the same per student? SCSU, UMD, and Minnesota, BSU, UND, and NDSU?

Its all a grand conspiracy to keep NDSU down!!!! :silly:

NDSU and UND should be equally funded. I don't care if UND has some expensive programs. You think Pharmacy is cheap? You think all the Ag stuff is cheap? NDSU has done more with less than UND could ever dream of. As for NDSU giving out some waivers, there is a price to pay if you want to have some of the top research in the country, grad students don't like doing work for free. Bringing in one of the best vacinologists in the world costs a bit of money too.

No reason the two schools in the state who are relatively the same size (give or take UND's online "students") shouldn't be funded essentially the same per student.

No reason the two schools in the state who are relatively the same size (give or take UND's online "students") shouldn't be funded essentially the same per student.

There is also no reason that they have to be equally funded either. UND is the flagship university in this state. It should be funded higher than any other institution in the NDUS.

• Upvote 1

NDSU and UND should be equally funded. I don't care if UND has some expensive programs. You think Pharmacy is cheap? You think all the Ag stuff is cheap? NDSU has done more with less than UND could ever dream of. As for NDSU giving out some waivers, there is a price to pay if you want to have some of the top research in the country, grad students don't like doing work for free. Bringing in one of the best vacinologists in the world costs a bit of money too.

I really don't understand the equal funding stuff.. isn't NDSU the land grant school for the State of North Dakots. So NDSU already has advantages over every schools in the system plus a land endowment that is not shared with others schools. If NDSU wants to keep pushing equality for all - I have noticed that land grant prelivalage has been given to a state's department and then the benifits are shared with other schools within the state. Maybe the state should start with that..

If you file a fraudulent claim, even for 10 bucks, in my profession you lose your job, pension, insurance, security clearance, and will never work in the field again. Trustworthiness and integrity. I can't imagine why this employee is allowed to stay on board. It must be causing significant negative work place issues with coworkers and supervisors.

There is also no reason that they have to be equally funded either. UND is the flagship university in this state. It should be funded higher than any other institution in the NDUS.

Hey bud, sorry to tell you, this isn't the 50's anymore. I notice UND folks like using the word "flagship" every chance they get. Perhaps it is because for some ridiculous reason, they don't like the fact that NDSU is the same size as UND now? I don't know why that bothers you but it must because I see that stupid term "Flagship University" all the time from you folks. So what does that make NDSU? The State's Aircraft Carrier University? The state's Battleship?

You are so ignorant. I was going to pick out one thing to correct you on but your whole statement just made me dumber after reading it. You are wrong on so many levels . Just go away. You are worthless!

Hey bud, sorry to tell you, this isn't the 50's anymore. I notice UND folks like using the word "flagship" every chance they get. Perhaps it is because for some ridiculous reason, they don't like the fact that NDSU is the same size as UND now? I don't know why that bothers you but it must because I see that stupid term "Flagship University" all the time from you folks. So what does that make NDSU? The State's Aircraft Carrier University? The state's Battleship?

Figure it out.

• Upvote 1

Flagship: a single item from a related group considered as the most important; the best or most important one of a group or system

UND is the flagship university. That makes NDSU the garbage barge. And it is bison fans who have been dwelling over the enrollment numbers of the 2 schools, trying to find any excuse to discredit UND's enrollment. As I'm sure you have been told many times before, it is not the size that matters. It is the quality.

• Upvote 1

Flagship: a single item from a related group considered as the most important; the best or most important one of a group or system

UND is the flagship university. That makes NDSU the garbage barge. And it is bison fans who have been dwelling over the enrollment numbers of the 2 schools, trying to find any excuse to discredit UND's enrollment. As I'm sure you have been told many times before, it is not the size that matters. It is the quality.

Wow aren't you arrogant today. NDSU and UND are both great schools, we are both flagships.

To whom much is given much is expected. I guess NDSU is given less because they expect less of them, and if this incident is any indication, I guess we know why they expect less of them.

To whom much is given much is expected. I guess NDSU is given less because they expect less of them, and if this incident is any indication, I guess we know why they expect less of them.

And yet UND hasn't done anything notable in how long? If NDSU can get all the work they've gotten done on such a tight budget, what great things has UND been doing? Checking the weather? Building more Skyways?

If they were both funded equally, as they should be, things would be smoother. Both schools do some good work for the state and the region. So either cut UND's funding back, or give NDSU more money. I think the 2nd option would be best for everyone involved.

Wow aren't you arrogant today.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

And yet UND hasn't done anything notable in how long? If NDSU can get all the work they've gotten done on such a tight budget, what great things has UND been doing? Checking the weather? Building more Skyways?

If they were both funded equally, as they should be, things would be smoother. Both schools do some good work for the state and the region. So either cut UND's funding back, or give NDSU more money. I think the 2nd option would be best for everyone involved.

Wow. you may want to do some of your own research before making statements like this. I would check into the world leading research that the EERC is doing on renewable energy sources, the ground breaking degrees and research the School of Aerospace is doing with UAVs, and the top rated family and rural medicine doctors that UND's Med School is producing. Just a place or three to start.

Again, under what basis should all NDUS schools be funded equally?

The only thing ever holding NDSU back is how they continually compare themselves to UND (insert NDSU fans here)!

Yet their total appropriations to NDSU will have gone up 96% from the 2003 – 2005 biennium through the end of this year: Talk about government waste! :whistling:

If NDSU's budget was so tight they wouldn't have given nearly twice the tuition waivers UND gave. :lol: :lol:

And UND spends all of its money on servers for their online "students."

*Online classes are a complete joke. I have taken a couple of them, very little effort required.

*Online classes are a complete joke. I have taken a couple of them, very little effort required.

Well, of course, NDSU online courses are going to require "very little effort." Try an accredited online curriculum from UND sometime and you can become an alum of a true flagship school! ;)

• Upvote 2

Since your major was "How to be a troll 101" I can see why there was very little effort required.

• Upvote 1

Actually we do spend a great deal on servers that's because we run most applications for all other universities and colleges in North Dakota. I don't think to those men and women who are defending this nation abroad think online courses are a joke. In fact they have said the exact opposite and for professionals trying to further their education while also working 9/5 online courses are not a joke. They aren't for everybody but they certainly serve a purpose.

• Upvote 1

I dare you to say that to the face of any one of our military personnel who are overseas defending your right to say that while taking classes. Or to the Lamoureux twins who took online classes while preparing for the Olympics. Let me know how that one goes, please. Online classes are what you make of them, and to some people...they are very worthwhile.

• Upvote 1

I dare you to say that to the face of any one of our military personnel who are overseas defending your right to say that while taking classes. Or to the Lamoureux twins who took online classes while preparing for the Olympics. Let me know how that one goes, please. Online classes are what you make of them, and to some people...they are very worthwhile.

Well he did say he feels dirty for being born at the Air Base so I don't think he cares much for military personnel. :angry: