SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

It continues to amaze me how undisciplined this team continues to be. Just one example, I think it was NAU's second touchdown, the defense had them held to a field goal attempt, but someone jumped offsides giving NAU a first down, which they promptly turned into a touchdown. This team isn't nearly good enough to make those kind of boneheaded mistakes if it wants to stay competitive. On any one particular mistake, I suppose you can say it's the players fault. But the cumulative effect falls to the coach. This is simply an undisciplined team and that is ultimately the head coach's fault.

Also, comments like this by Bartels really bother me and I can't help but think that it's the player taking on the coach's mentality:

“We battled our heads off,” said Bartels. “Obviously, we want to win games. But we’re playing good teams. We’re (still) new in the Big Sky.”

“UND battled their heads off,” said CMSioux. “Obviously, they want to win games. But they’re playing good teams. They’re (still) new in the Big Sky.”

FYP

But to your point, I completely agree.

It continues to amaze me how undisciplined this team continues to be. Just one example, I think it was NAU's second touchdown, the defense had them held to a field goal attempt, but someone jumped offsides giving NAU a first down, which they promptly turned into a touchdown. This team isn't nearly good enough to make those kind of boneheaded mistakes if it wants to stay competitive. On any one particular mistake, I suppose you can say it's the players fault. But the cumulative effect falls to the coach. This is simply an undisciplined team and that is ultimately the head coach's fault.

Also, comments like this by Bartels really bother me and I can't help but think that it's the player taking on the coach's mentality:

“We battled our heads off,” said Bartels. “Obviously, we want to win games. But we’re playing good teams. We’re (still) new in the Big Sky.”

The volleyball and basketball teams are new to in the Big Sky but yet they find their way towards the top of the conference. 3rd in MBB last season and volleyball is the leader this season. Being new is not an excuse anymore.

Agree completely here. Another quote from muss before the game was something to the effect that bauman was going to get either 150 or three hundred yards, hopefully we would be able to hold him to 150.

Well, I think his season average is a little under 150 per game. So our goal was to get buy with holding to his season average and hope he doesn't double that up on us.

Time to start setting the bar a little higher.

• Upvote 1

I haven't even read a herald article which so much as speculates on Muss' future. They've even stopped sending Miller to a big road game.

Even on this site, its the same small handful of people.

The apathy has officially set in.

I haven't even read a herald article which so much as speculates on Muss' future. They've even stopped sending Miller to a big road game.

Even on this site, its the same small handful of people.

The apathy has officially set in.

Apathy? There is about two people left making excuses.

They always have two writers covering hockey

they sent wayne-o to the game instead as wayne likes football better then hockey.

and wayne is the boss. what he says goes

They had some sort of grant last year which is why Miller was covering hockey on road as well.

If you are the Herald why would you pay to have two writers go to road games?

Hey, don't take your ball and go home, debating is fun!!! FYI you've done absolutely nothing with your arguement to refute my point: As long as UND has hockey it will continue to be the most popular sport at UND. A DII football championship 10 years ago has no bearing on that point and neither does the lull in the programs success prior to that. Do you really forsee a time in the future where the hockey program is not a national title contender?

Mooncountryfan

Why do I have to refute your point? It's wrong by premise to begin with....how was hockey popularity on campus in the early nineties? How about when Roger and the boys started winning and the football tailgating was going crazy...you could have gotten into any Hockey game in town at that time because we sucked even with Greg Johnson on the team. So say what you want now about who is riding high in popularity, but that position does change and has changed historically...point refuted.

• Upvote 2

Is this form not about getting the coaches fired. Why Chat about which game is better hockey or football at UND all sports are great some years are just a little bit better than others for some teams. And in football sense Muss has taken over the head coach for football they have sucked and gone downhill. And now the players don't look like they want to play for him and a couple years ago the whole senior class went to the A.D. and asked for him to be fired Time to get it done.

Is this form not about getting the coaches fired. Why Chat about which game is better hockey or football at UND all sports are great some years are just a little bit better than others for some teams. And in football sense Muss has taken over the head coach for football they have sucked and gone downhill. And now the players don't look like they want to play for him and a couple years ago the whole senior class went to the A.D. and asked for him to be fired Time to get it done.

first I have ever heard about that and I am well connected....

I am amazed this staff doesn't give some other kids a chance to play. I still say Sparks is the best RB on the roster. The brilliant OC still puts Garmin in to pass block. He got absolutely steam rolled last week on one pass block. Number 16 looked lost on almost every play specific to where to line up. Number 87 came in a few plays and looked better than 16. Where has he been all year? The defense gives up a 45 yard touchdown run with 4 minutes left!!! With lead they had, it was obvious they were going to run yet the defense gives up that play. Lastly, 20 penalties for over 200 yards. That alone defines how pathetic the discipline is on this team.

This, boys and girls, is the new standard for UND football. This is how far we have fallen as a program. And according to some people on here, they are fine and dandy with this. Well boys and girls, I am not. Mr. Faison, it is time to pull the trigger and start over fresh next year. Or 5,000 will be a "large" crowd at the Alerus Center in 2014.

Lastly, 20 penalties for over 200 yards. That alone defines how pathetic the discipline is on this team.

So the combined penalties for both teams is a reflection on the discipline of UND? I'd love to hear your explanation. I agree that 10 penalties is too many but get your facts straight when you complain so you can maintain a shred of credibility.

So the combined penalties for both teams is a reflection on the discipline of UND? I'd love to hear your explanation. I agree that 10 penalties is too many but get your facts straight when you complain so you can maintain a shred of credibility.

Sorry "Mr. Almighty Poster".......I goofed on the stats......10 penalties is still too many. 50 yards rushing by UND and giving up 275 yards to NAU.