SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

I emailed faison about 15 times...only persob with eniugh to email me back is brian jones and jason shay...all the other coaches think they are too big and bad for me

Maybe you should proofread your emails to make sure he can understand what you are trying to say...

Get over yourself...and off your high horse.

That fact that the "revelation" to you (post #1833) that this team, program and Muss aren't what they should be at this stage came ONLY after last week's game says a lot...and not in an insightful way.

Oh god I'm being pulled down...the revelation was that this team just isn't very good (I knew they were average and no one expected them to roll through their top 10 schedule), no revelations that Fire Muss threads, insults, jokes at players expense are valuable or show any signs of intelligence.

Oh god I'm being pulled down...the revelation was that this team just isn't very good (I knew they were average and no one expected them to roll through their top 10 schedule), no revelations that Fire Muss threads, insults, jokes at players expense are valuable or show any signs of intelligence.

You seem to be pretty bright...or at least you think so so how about you email Faison and Muss your insightful thoughts on how this situation should be dealt with or how you think it should be turned around since after Saturday's game the light bulb finally came on for you that this program isn't going in the right direction. Keep us posted...

You seem to be pretty bright...or at least you think so so how about you email Faison and Muss your insightful thoughts on how this situation should be dealt with or how you think it should be turned around since after Saturday's game the light bulb finally came on for you that this program isn't going in the right direction. Keep us posted...

Easy there...these are just college kids we're talking about...just playing a game...trying to push a pigskin ball across a white line...let's not be to rough on the kids and coaches they need our positivity! Insert sarcasm smiley here

Mussman has lost his team. Once that happens, nothing good can come from a season. There's still 4 games left on the season, but I'd be really surprised if the team went 2-2 or better.

It's on Faison to make a move at the end of the season. The players aren't stupid; they've read this forum and seen how the supporters are reacting by not showing for games and saying negative remarks. Ultimately, the players realize the current negativity surrounding the coaching staff so I really doubt we see 100% effort and enthusiasm from all the players for the rest of the season.

Just checked the last email sent/received from gene. Sent at 10:47 am. Reply at 11:04 am. Does a much better job staying on top of emails than I do....oofda.

OK, I can dial up the response time back up to about an hour on the email auto-reply generator program that I wrote for Gene. (Licensing from that funds my UND Hockey season tickets ;) ).

So-o-o... legitimate question 'cause I don't know...

which is more detrimental to recruiting???

A bunch of fans griping about the players' attitudes, the level of play of play, the coaching ineptitude, etc on an internet fan forum?

-- or --

the coach calling his team a bunch of divas at a press conference?

C. The Montanta's hanging 60+ in your own house

D. being that conference opponent where:

-opposing coaches say "we aren't worried about them, we just have to focus on us"

-teams look forward to playing you so they can "right the ship"

-there is no home field advantage, you can hear people's conversation on the other side of the field.

-you look at home schedule of other sports, like hockey, to determine when you bring in recruits, even if the football team is on the road.

D. being that conference opponent where:

-opposing coaches say "we aren't worried about them, we just have to focus on us"

-teams look forward to playing you so they can "right the ship"

-there is no home field advantage, you can hear people's conversation on the other side of the field.

-you look at home schedule of other sports, like hockey, to determine when you bring in recruits, even if the football team is on the road.

E. Towel snapping on the sidelines copyright gfhockey

F. All the negativity in this town sucks copyright Rick Pitino and CM Sioux

C. The Montanta's hanging 60+ in your own house

if some people had gotten their way after NDSU had a slot open on their schedule for this season, it could have been worse - NDSU could have hung 51 (or more) points on the Sioux instead of Ferris State.

E. Towel snapping on the sidelines copyright gfhockey

F. All the negativity in this town sucks copyright Rick Pitino and CM Sioux

My bad you guys got it right, this tough season means we won't get any quality recruits, (even if they were interested the staff is so clueless they don't know who to recruit), the staff and UND admin needs to hear trash talk from you to know what is best for the program, so keep trashing the team, the coaches the players you are spot on genuises, beat down anyone who has a different opinion, make fun of your fellow UND fans and their postings every chance you get as that is a sure way to make sure only like-minded rubes post here and of course there is only one right opinion, yours. I bow to your intelligence and class. I'm sure I'll get to enjoy your posts in hockey and basketball once the team loses a game or two and every year football doesn't meet your expecations. Keep up the good work sharing your support for UND sports programs and their student athletes in your own special way.

So I was listening to the UND coaches show on Wednesday night and I heard something very telling. When talking to Muss about the loss, he came up with all sorts of reasons like turnovers, our players didn't play up to their potential, our QB is young, etc. Later they talked to Ashley Hardee. UND Volleyball was coming off their first Big Sky loss at N. Arizona. He mentioned a few things that attributed to the loss. But one thing that he did was but part of the blame on himself and his coaches.

My question is has Muss ever put blame on himself or coaching staff for loses they have had? Always seems to be the tough schedule, injuries, inexperience at certain positions, etc. While it is certainly not all the coaches fault for loses, it was refreshing to here Hardee man up and admit when he was out coached. Also disturbing to see Muss make excuses and not put any blame on himself and the other coaches.

So-o-o... legitimate question 'cause I don't know...

which is more detrimental to recruiting???

A bunch of fans griping about the players' attitudes, the level of play of play, the coaching ineptitude, etc on an internet fan forum?

-- or --

the coach calling his team a bunch of divas at a press conference?

I thought that was kinda odd too. the coined fraise a "a few divas" seems to have replaced the saying "toe to toe"

So I was listening to the UND coaches show on Wednesday night and I heard something very telling. When talking to Muss about the loss, he came up with all sorts of reasons like turnovers, our players didn't play up to their potential, our QB is young, etc. Later they talked to Ashley Hardee. UND Volleyball was coming off their first Big Sky loss at N. Arizona. He mentioned a few things that attributed to the loss. But one thing that he did was but part of the blame on himself and his coaches.

My question is has Muss ever put blame on himself or coaching staff for loses they have had? Always seems to be the tough schedule, injuries, inexperience at certain positions, etc. While it is certainly not all the coaches fault for loses, it was refreshing to here Hardee man up and admit when he was out coached. Also disturbing to see Muss make excuses and not put any blame on himself and the other coaches.

To your question...no.

who talks more trash?

A. Mussman

B. SS.com

C. Our cornerbacks

Talking trash about the players? Muss

Talking trash about Muss? siouxsports.com (although I don't hang out with the cornerbacks much so who knows what they're saying)

Talking trash to the other team? Our cornerbacks