SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

7 televised games this year compared to ALL home games and usually 4-5 road games on tv (twin cities viewing). I'm not really excited by these stats.

I have Dish Network...saw maybe one Sioux game last season. This is an IMPROVEMENT over last year, plus I get to see some additional games.

You got that right!

It's a question we always asked ourselves in our group of guys who prepurchased Final Five tickets each year: If UND doesnt' make it, would we still go? We always said "yes", but never got to test it out. I think a ton of UND fans who already had tickets would still go and make a weekend out of it, but there would be no walkup gate at all.

Saturdays are generally reserved for football. It's the same thing the Big Ten teams are dealing with.

UND didn't have a choice of having all games on FCS.

Every home game will be televised and four road games will be televised.

Not nationally or even in the Twin Cities

Also, why don't they do weekend series instead of just Friday games? CBSSN already has everything set up broadcast-wise. i suppose Saturdays are reserved for basketball, swimming, or lacrosse. I still can't believe UND didn't secure the benefit of having all games like the last 4-5 years on FCS. why go backwards?

So, not a fan of the TV deal eh?

I have Dish Network...saw maybe one Sioux game last season. This is an IMPROVEMENT over last year, plus I get to see some additional games.

It's your fault you had the wrong cable company, comcast had every game last year. better check an make sure DN has CBSSN. :p

It's your fault you had the wrong cable company, comcast had every game last year. better check an make sure DN has CBSSN. :p

Comcast isn't available in my area. Dish does have CBSSN...I watched lots of games last year including some UMass-Lowell and Quinnipiac games.

I watched pretty much every home game online last year through the und video stream. Does anyone know if that will be an option this year?

Yes it will, and as Jayson Hajdu has mentioned they will be in HD and should have improved streaming quality.

Nope. it's an exclusive conference deal. you won't see any there for the same reason you won't find the other 18 UND games on FCS.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe CBSSN controls the rights to do BU's home games, so if NESN does air the series @ BU we should be able to see it with a sports pack.

Also, don't forget the game @ Bemidji may be on Lakeland Broadcasting via MN public channels.

Edit: Has NBC Sports announced their HEA TV schedule? Perhaps we will have one of the BU games nationally on NBC Sports?

Also, don't forget the game @ Bemidji may be on Lakeland Broadcasting via MN public channels.

Groan...I saw a few BSU games last year too. They'd have better luck having Goon just show the games on TV by recording it with his iPhone.

Groan...I saw a few BSU games last year too. They'd have better luck having Goon just show the games on TV by recording it with his iPhone.

It's actually in HD when you get it directly from Lakeland OTA (we get it at the lake), but when it's fed through the TPT MN channel (on directv) it's pretty much a blurred mess in SD.

Careful now, Scott Williams the voice for LPTV is one of my good friends. :)

yeah, let me get my pitchforks out! Wait, hasn't all this information been out already? The only thing that has come out is an actual schedule? Just so I understand, are we suppose to get all bent out of shape yet again, for something we've already been bent out of shape for? okay, but I just wanted to be clear because pitchforks and torches are not on sale at this time of year :silly:

yeah, let me get my pitchforks out! Wait, hasn't all this information been out already? The only thing that has come out is an actual schedule? Just so I understand, are we suppose to get all bent out of shape yet again, for something we've already been bent out of shape for? okay, but I just wanted to be clear because pitchforks and torches are not on sale at this time of year :silly:

Not bent out of shape again...:.just still bent out of shape;)

I'm one of your good friends too. Just sayin'...it's like watching a production being broadcast from Neptune.

If the beavers were produced out of Neptune, midco must be out of mars?

I can't speak for everyone....but to most fans in nd and mn, the beavers have a much better tv deal than und has this year.

Not really anything new, just a reminder how UND went from being one of the most accessible college hockey programs in the nation on tv to 6 games.

Are you talking in-state or nationally? For the past 7-10 years, you haven't been able to find a Gopher game in the Twin Cities on FSN thanks to the Minnesota Wild. Kind of similar in NoDak with new deal, no?

Are you talking in-state or nationally? For the past 7-10 years, you haven't been able to find a Gopher game in the Twin Cities on FSN thanks to the Minnesota Wild. Kind of similar in NoDak with new deal, no?

I can't recall very many gopher games that have not been on tv(home or away) if not on fsn, they've been on the alternate or the b10 channel.