SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

I think the changes I made to your post above are perfect.

I don't know how RHHiT can even say that with a straight face. It's an "honor" to be called a "Rough Rider" and be recognized for your courage and bravery but an insult to be called "Fighting Sioux" and be recognized for your courage and bravery. HUH?

• Upvote 1

Folks, we've already been given clearance from a mouth piece of the opponents.

Remember this?

That was published in the GF Herald Wednesday, November 28, 2007.

Rough Riders would be infinitely better than the PC-driven weather phenomena/soccer name that the kelly group will more than likely come up with. (Read Flames/Spirit/Blizzard, etc)

I think Roughriders or Oilers would make the most sense and be accepted by most people.

I could live with Rough Riders, but i would still chant "LETS GO SIOUX"!!!!!!!!!! And still say home of the SIOUX!!!!!!! What's that saying we have around here "Once a Sioux Always a Sioux," i think that can count for a whole team too!!

Like I have said before, if we start with the premise that we have to use a name nobody else is using, we will get nowhere.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby

Even though there are some other teams with the name Roughriders, I still think it is the best fit for UND and UND is the best fit for that particular name. I went to RRHS and it wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm more "loyal" to my university than my high school.

Even though there are some other teams with the name Roughriders, I still think it is the best fit for UND and UND is the best fit for that particular name. I went to RRHS and it wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm more "loyal" to my university than my high school.

I went to GFCHS and like some alums it would pain us to yell go Roughriders. But maybe in this case we could make an exception.

Got back from San Diego. Went to Del Mar Horse Track for a couple of races and to see the band "The Cult".

Decided to bet on first race when I got there.... Check out the name of the horse. (He lost..but it was worth it just for the ticket...)

14904_924648030887297_5228729117269674329_n.jpg?oh=38d5e477b452b5f29e450ec57d3ee9b0&oe=543D66EF&__gda__=1415067010_b1bb8eb8a7f4dfb6aab32be9f65a0220

• Upvote 1