SiouxSports.com Forum

Dog!

krangodance

I'm hoping to start a thread of congratulations for the Bulldogs.

I know they have a fan in particular who rubs us all the wrong way but I for one still like seeing an underdog win (no pun intended).

This is Duluth's first national championship and I'm happy for them.

Obviously I'm a Sioux fan first but I also like seeing the WCHA win. The exception being the Gophers because, let's face it, every fan needs one hated rival and that's mine in college hockey (with BC being a close second).

The other great thing about the Dogs' win is they kept Michigan from adding to their NC lead, which is good for Sioux fans whether you like Duluth or not.

Congratulations on your first NC Duluth. I was rooting for you and I'm happy you won. Enjoy the moment. I've felt it twice in my time as a Sioux fan and It is sweet so take it in while lasts.

Word!!

Hats off to the Dogs, for sure. They have waited a long time. It is nice to see another Minnesota school with a Crown.

It was mildly aggravating to me on Saturday that many Bulldog fans were imploring me with the "WCHA all the way" plea when many did not have the same league loyalty on Thursday night. I suppose that I should not blame them for fearing the Sioux.

Anyway, Duluth deserves it. Great coach. Solid hockey town. Loyal fans. Program on the rise. It has it all over its sister school on each of these four measuring sticks.

I went over to the the party area after the sat game (streets blocked off) & really had Fun We were in full Sioux Gear as were many WCHA schools & the Dog Fans were Great

Met Lee Goran & Lamrioux from Air Force (The Dog Fans were truly Celebrating & having Fun

All Gopher & Wisco Fans I talked to hated leaving the WCHA & say it's a mistake

Congrats UMD

still not over the shock ??? inside

Had a great group in a suite Thanks rold14 - I would do that again - great view met some great folks from the Devils Lake Leeds area :D

I guess what I have enjoyed is how much this championship has meant to the fans of Duluth. I read some interviews on line with long time fans and talked to some after the game, and just the gratification that they got was something nice to see. Its been so long since the Sioux got #7, that the next time they get it done it will mean that much more to me. :D

Duluth has a lot of underclassmen. They could easily be back next year. Lose the goalie, lose Fontaine, probably Faulk, but if both Connolly's stay they have a good foundation built. Plus Brown is one helluva player....wow.

I'm hoping to start a thread of congratulations for the Bulldogs.

I know they have a fan in particular who rubs us all the wrong way but I for one still like seeing an underdog win (no pun intended).

This is Duluth's first national championship and I'm happy for them.

Obviously I'm a Sioux fan first but I also like seeing the WCHA win. The exception being the Gophers because, let's face it, every fan needs one hated rival and that's mine in college hockey (with BC being a close second).

The other great thing about the Dogs' win is they kept Michigan from adding to their NC lead, which is good for Sioux fans whether you like Duluth or not.

Congratulations on your first NC Duluth. I was rooting for you and I'm happy you won. Enjoy the moment. I've felt it twice in my time as a Sioux fan and It is sweet so take it in while lasts.

Word!!

I quite agree. Congratulations to the Bulldogs. If the Sioux couldn't win it, the next best thing is to have another team from the WCHA take it all, particularly when the coach of that team is a former Sioux. As you also pointed out, another good thing is keeping Michigan from adding to their NC lead. Duluth winning it all also once again confirmed the overall strength of the WCHA. A fourth-place finish in the WCHA regular season and then to go on to win the national championship. Yes, very much, enjoy the moment. By the way, I'm not here to denigrate Michigan. However, it once again, I think, proves that it's awfully hard to beat four WCHA teams in a row to capture the national title. Michigan almost did it, very much to their credit. Once again, a mighty salute to the Bulldogs. I fully expect they will be one of the teams to watch in the upcoming 2011-12 season.

I took some solace in that and the fact that UMD couldn't push it over the top until they got a coach who came from the North Dakota program. ;)

Definitely was going for the Dogs to finish as the runner-up...until we lost then they got bumped up to the favorite.

Always good to see a program win their first title, and them being a WCHA team (not named Minnesota, Denver, or Wisconsin) didn't hurt either.

Congratulations again, unless you have a rash of early departures you should be right there in the mix again next year, at which time we will probably not be this cordial. :lol:

Congrats to the Bulldogs for sure. I did read, however, that only 200 fans showed up at Amsoil arena to congratulate the team. Are you kidding me!? Those guys deserve better than that after winning the first title ever for their program.

Most fans might not have been ok to drive yet (boozing) after the previous nights celebration to make it back to Amsoil! :lol:

Congrats to UMD, was a great game and was great to see all the awesome UMD fans I've met over the years be able to celebrate their first title.

Congrats to the Bulldogs for sure. I did read, however, that only 200 fans showed up at Amsoil arena to congratulate the team. Are you kidding me!? Those guys deserve better than that after winning the first title ever for their program.

And they are getting that at the actual celebration on Wednesday evening.

Congratulations UMD.

As someone who witnessed first-hand the pain of 1984, and the unfair way Fate treated them that night, and 1985, and 2004, this was one step toward balancing the Scales of Justice. I know a lot A LOT of long-time UMD fans who can enjoy the moment.

Enjoy the summer; it will seem far too short.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs! UMD has always been my #2 in both hockey and in football (Northwest Missouri is my #1, which we got beat by UMD in the 2008 NC and semis at Malosky this past season), but I partially grew up in the Duluth/Superior metro. I still can't believe it's only their 1st, as there's been some damn good Bulldog teams over the years. I'm excited to go back up there in a few months and see all the hockey and football stuff that'll be plastered all over town. I was rooting for the Dogs hardcore when they were playing Yale... sweet nectar do I hate Yale. And BC. And BU. (But all combined, much less than the golden rodents.)

Congrats to the UMD Bulldogs! You've made the WCHA proud!

Nice Topic...Props to UMD, they always say a Hot goalie and a Great PP can win you the title.

UMD has always been a fun team to watch...Alot of excitement for that team with the new arena, and now the National Title.

It just sucks cause now i have to listen to my big mouth Brother-In-Law for the next 30 years till they win the next. Shoot he has barely let me live down the WCHA crown they won a few years back...

All in all, i agree...Go Dawgs, Congrats to all Dawg fans!!!

But the 2012 season can't get here soon enough...

I actually tuned in and watched that game. A pretty good storyline with UMD and no titles going against Michigan. Then, having a hometown kid score the winning goal in OT was pretty much a storybook ending to the whole thing. I think everyone likes a sports story like that.

In spite of all the a**ho UMD fans who are part of every fan base, they'll still be my second favorite team....in a few weeks. ;)

Good job UMD and congratualtions on your great win!!!

Re: fans rooting against us - it is natural for unaffiliated fans to root for the underdog.

Take as a compliment that the great University of Michigan is considered the underdog when playing UND.

In spite of all the a**ho UMD fans who are part of every fan base, they'll still be my second favorite team....in a few weeks. ;)

Good job UMD and congratualtions on your great win!!!

Thanks for calming me down and taking my mind off hockey during the 3rd intermission, although I was so shaky walking back to my seat I almost fainted.