SiouxSports.com Forum

UND uses their planes to transport opposers to Bismarck to testify

siouxfan29

I'm saying I sure hope they can point to other times they've flown to Bismarck to lobby at the Legislature or there will be more and more questions.

I know what you meant. ;) My twisted mind just read it a little differently on first glance and that made me laugh. :D

Why hasn't the GF Herald picked this story up or did I miss it some where? This seems like a fairly big deal that should be discussed outside of Sioux Sports forum. I for one think this a very low of the UND admin.

Um because the GF Herald is completely in bed with the University Administration no matter how much they trod on their readers' interests.

Kelley works for the Board of Higher Education who ought to be working for the people of North Dakota.

If an employee is working with his immediate boss against the will of the owners of the company he gets fired at the same time as his immediate boss does.

I say it can't come soon enough.

You get my +1 as well. Time to get rid of Kelley.

Kate Bommarito and the Plains Daily way to go!!!

Everyone who is an objective observer should cancel their subscription to the Herald and stop going to their website. They have been so one sided in their reporting of the Sioux name it is sick!

Assignment for the Herald: Continue the propaganda;

Maybe they can go find some more Native America dudes from South Dakota who get charged with crimes related to murder to talk about how their time at UND was so uncomfortable because of the Sioux name.

Assignment for the Plains Daily: Uncover some more truth;

Let's see if we can get Kate at the Plains Daily to go interview Mr. Douple.

...We all know that the Heralds PUBLIC stance on the DoupleGate scam is that "it only had legs for about 24hrs" so let's see if it truly was the "nothing" that the Herald TOLD US it was.

Folks it is time to wake up and impeach both the HERALD and KELLY! Because they are both entities that should be working for and representing the will of the citizens of North Dakota and they are CLEARLY not doing that.

Plains Daily is now my #1 source of ND News - real reporters that get out & find out the truth

I wonder if they had stopped & picked up others or made other trips ? For special one sided interests ? Abuse of power & tax payer funds

& I'm tired of the UND / PR / can do no wrong / scape goats

Lets see what our SBOHE does or says about this ? - I bet if they dig deeper many heads will roll - Flight Training my azz

Plains Daily is now my #1 source of ND News - real reporters that get out & find out the truth

I wonder if they had stopped & picked up others or made other trips ? For special one sided interests ? Abuse of power & tax payer funds

& I'm tired of the UND / PR / can do no wrong / scape goats

Lets see what our SBOHE does or says about this ? - I bet if they dig deeper many heads will roll

I suspect this will get the Royal and Imperial Under the Carpet Treatment. Don't expect any serious investigation by the Herald or its ilk.

I suspect this will get the Royal and Imperial Under the Carpet Treatment. Don't expect any serious investigation by the Herald or its ilk.

Well when any news comes out that threatens their sacred cows, like Conrad's sweetheart mortgage loan scandal, or Dorgan's relationship with the Abramoff group, the Herald acts as their defense rather than looking into it.

In the referenced Conrad scandal Conrad was getting into it deeper and deeper until he shut up and let the Forum/Herald take over.

Since we want Kelley gone how about the SBoHE how do we get these crooks out of office? Are they appointed or voted in or what?

The only sure way is to support a constitutional amendment to change the format of the Board of Higher Education. In the short term we should be pulling back support for the NDUS legislatively. We can find a way to do it without impacting the students. For example a law saying that all university officials living in university owned housing shall pay market value rent for their housing.

We have about 3 million dollars invested in those assets. I'd want at least 10% of that paid every year in rent to cover the upkeep and provide a return on our assets.

I'd also say audit audit audit. The Chapman whitewash told others in the system that you can get away with pretty much anything.

Why hasn't the GF Herald picked this story up or did I miss it some where? This seems like a fairly big deal that should be discussed outside of Sioux Sports forum. I for one think this a very low of the UND admin.

It's coming. I have a hunch.

From what I've read on this board & what I've learned elsewhere, there's no question President Kelley wanted to get rid of the Fighting Sioux name. I still can't believe the name has a chance of staying with the University of North Dakota, a couple weeks ago I thought there was no chance.

I think for President Kelley the nickname was a huge distraction and annoyance. I think the agenda always was to get rid of the nickname.

I think for President Kelley the nickname was a huge distraction and annoyance. I think the agenda always was to get rid of the nickname.

If it was a distraction it's only because he let it be.

If he had fought to keep it he'd be a hero whether he won or lost. Even Kupchella, as empty a suit as he was, at least got some respect for getting on the right side of the issue when he had to.

If it was a distraction it's only because he let it be.

If he had fought to keep it he'd be a hero whether he won or lost. Even Kupchella, as empty a suit as he was, at least got some respect for getting on the right side of the issue when he had to.

The SBHE had hoped the issue was over with by the time Kelley took the presidency of UND. I think they felt he would lose political "capital" in the fallout of the nickname going away. Your example of Kupchella is a great example of loss of credibility, now we have Kelley somewhat in the same position. Your observation is accurate.

Star2CIty and UND fan made the paper lol.

The sad part is they can't even get that right!

The Herald states:

UND Fan” commented on a siouxsports.com forum page that he is now less likely to contribute to UND’s “Ignite the Spirit” endowment drive: “Yeah, I want to donate to the university so the administration can fly to the capital to lobby against the nickname! Time to start the witch hunt and start eliminating these people.”

Couldn't said it better myself. I guess the state fleet isn't good enough anymore.

Ignite the Spirit? Yeah I want to donate to the university so the administration can fly to the capital to lobby against the nickname! TIme to start the witch hunt and start eliminating these people.

Unless I am mistaken, UND Fan said nothing of the sort. Hey Chuck, do I get credit for the correction?

I only caught this cause I was like this doesn't "sound like" something UND Fan would post. I need a life. :lol:

• Upvote 1

The sad part is they can't even get that right!

The Herald states:

Unless I am mistaken, UND Fan said nothing of the sort. Hey Chuck, do I get credit for the correction?

Haga incorrectly ascribed those comments to "UND Fan": it was actually "Old Time Hockey" that made those comments. UNDFan would never have written that.

It's interesting how the point that no nickname supporter was asked to be on the flight was buried deeply within the story, and one comment about a witch hunt - falsely attributed - becomes the focus of the story. Nickname supports have only asked for fair play from this UND administration and the Herald, and that's never been received.

I stand by my comments that Kelley was "jubilant" and "smug" after the SBoHE retired the nickname.

I'm saying I sure hope they can point to other times they've flown to Bismarck to lobby at the Legislature or there will be more and more questions.

It happens a lot. When our pal Chapman attended the SBoHE meetings he flew to Bottineau for the meeting, then instead of staying over night like the rest of the presidents did, he flew back to Fargo for the night, then flew back the next AM. Bottineau didn't have a single hotel that charged even $500 per night much less$1,500 and he and the missus weren't about to slum it up there. Besides, Bottineau HS are the Braves, or they were , and isn't that just as hostile as the Fighting Sioux?? Frankly, this happens a lot for whatever business UND officials have in Bismarck and other places. I'm not sure there is much here.

There is nothing illegal about flying employees or students to Bismarck to testify. You might argue they should have driven or you might argue they should drive off of a cliff, but this isn't the $25,000 Chapman trip with friends and family for entertainment. It doesn't take much to get rumors going and get people in a tizzy about nothing. Great entertainment and sometimes interesting exchanges. Don't anyone leave the blog. I wonder what Graham Cracker and Windyboy (or whatever his name was) are doing. They must be in a tizzy too. Maybe they were the co-pilots or the stewards (flight attendents) on these secret lobby flights. . Anyone know if this was a champaign flight??? I wonder if I could hitch a flight to this weekends Final Five. I would even bring the booze!!

Anyone think Kelly got a Nicholson (watch the movie Bucket List) on this flight from one of the PC women from the Womens Center or English Dept?? Now that should be in the Herald! Good stuff folks, keep it coming and go Sioux!

Haga incorrectly ascribed those comments to "UND Fan": it was actually "Old Time Hockey" that made those comments. UNDFan would never have written that.

It's interesting how the point that no nickname supporter was asked to be on the flight was buried deeply within the story, and one comment about a witch hunt - falsely attributed - becomes the focus of the story. Nickname supports have only asked for fair play from this UND administration and the Herald, and that's never been received.

I stand by my comments that Kelley was "jubilant" and "smug" after the SBoHE retired the nickname.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Haga can't even get that fact right? I guess it's back to journalism 101. That paper truly is a consummate fish wrap. Ironic that they have to scour this site for material to handicap their dilatory protocol and lack of independent and objective coverage.

• Downvote 1

Um, I've flown to Bismarck on state airplanes to lobby.

:blush: