SiouxSports.com Forum

News from other regional schools

The Sicatoka

Just heard over on Bisonville that NDSU is trying to get a game at Nebraska for 2015. I don't care who you are that is huge!! I love the Cornhuskers ever since the 80's and hope to attend that one. I will be the only one in my family wearing Red as the others will be in their Bison gear. But SDSU played NU last season, now NDSU...I would like to tell Brian Faison to get a game with the Huskers. Great atmosphere and its a nice drive down I-29.

Just heard over on Bisonville that NDSU is trying to get a game at Nebraska for 2015. I don't care who you are that is huge!! I love the Cornhuskers ever since the 80's and hope to attend that one. I will be the only one in my family wearing Red as the others will be in their Bison gear. But SDSU played NU last season, now NDSU...I would like to tell Brian Faison to get a game with the Huskers. Great atmosphere and its a nice drive down I-29.

Funny story, I went to a UNL game a couple of years ago. I was sitting in the crowd and I cheered when they showed the UND score on the scored board. This very nice elderly lady turned toward me and asked if that was the North Dakota school that had and I quote "Loser coach Bohl". I said no and that he was the coach at a loser program NDSU. She started laughing and then everyone around me started in on Bohl. They do not like Bohl at all and they all know who he is.. apparently he had more than on the field performance issues at UNL. I think some booster are not very happy with him either. And yes UNL games are very fun.

Funny story, I went to a UNL game a couple of years ago. I was sitting in the crowd and I cheered when they showed the UND score on the scored board. This very nice elderly lady turned toward me and asked if that was the North Dakota school that had and I quote "Loser coach Bohl". I said no and that he was the coach at a loser program NDSU. She started laughing and then everyone around me started in on Bohl. They do not like Bohl at all and they all know who he is.. apparently he had more than on the field performance issues at UNL. I think some booster are not very happy with him either. And yes UNL games are very fun.

I remember cheering for Tommie Frazier, Lawrence Phillips(before his bust in the NFL), Ahman Green, and Trev Alberts (before he took over UNO and crushed that program). 1 Bison fan over on BVille thinks because they beat KU they can crush Nebraska....yeah right. :lol::lol:

Scheduling Nebraska would definately be a step away from the FBS scheduling models that Gene Taylor has been using. It is not like NDSU to pursue games against top tier FBS opponents. Nebraska fans may not like Craig Bohl, but it is my understanding that he is very close with Tom Osborn, so that is probably what gets the wheels greased on a potential game like this.

• 2 weeks later...

USD just signed Kansas to their FBS lineup in 2013. Here is what their FBS schedule for the near future looks like.

2011 Air Force & Wisconsin

2012 Northwestern

2013 Kansas

2014 TBD

2015 Kansas St

However people at Bisonville (thats where I learned about USD), think USD is copying them in FBS scheduling. Since when did they copyright the Midwest. But the comment about UND was hillarious. We are in a different recruit area, different conference but yet we should play the same FBS teams?? :lol:

IMO, this puts UND even more at odds with the other 3 Dakota schools that have made the transition.
:lol::lol:

and this comment makes me think by playing the sh-tty teams of the FBS makes them the most powerfull team in the FCS.

I'm just glad that NDSU "discovered" the secret of playing FBS games against programs from the Midwest. Otherwise those idiots from South Dakota (SDSU and USD) might have never figured it out. Shouldn't they be sending us part of their checks?

When did Central Michigan and Ball State become part of the Big Ten or Big 12? If USD was following the NDSU model then wouldn't we be lining up MAC schools?

Our AD has been pretty clear about our model going forward, a MVFC schedule and one midwest based FBS game, what he does with the two other games is of the most concern to me. I would like to see one home and one road FCS game each season with one of those games being UND every year. No D2's or NAIA's, please.

When did Central Michigan and Ball State become part of the Big Ten or Big 12? If USD was following the NDSU model then wouldn't we be lining up MAC schools?

Our AD has been pretty clear about our model going forward, a MVFC schedule and one midwest based FBS game, what he does with the two other games is of the most concern to me. I would like to see one home and one road FCS game each season with one of those games being UND every year. No D2's or NAIA's, please.

I would like to see that as well.

Believe it or not Central Michigan is the best FBS team we played so far. They would have been middle of the road Big Ten team that year.

I was talking about continuing playing USD every year. I could care less about Central Michigan.

Believe it or not Central Michigan is the best FBS team we played so far. They would have been middle of the road Big Ten team that year.

They were 8-6 that year and lost their bowl game. Pretty sad statement about your FBS SOS if that is the best team you scheduled to date. UND has already schedule two teams (out of 3) better than that.

Damn boys, I guess we just need to admit it - USD & UND are forever relegated to being a tier below our esteemed counterparts in Brookings and Fargo, after all they were the first to make the jump to D1. Thankfully they didn't get a patent or copyright on how to make the transition, or we would have been forced to blaze our own trail.

About the only thing we haven't copied from the Jacks and Bisoni is our message boards. For some reason, we have limited most of the posts on our boards to relevant information and avoided all the rhetoric and other BS that seem to populate Bisonville and SDSUFANS (assuming they eventually get their board operational again) boards.

Damn boys, I guess we just need to admit it - USD & UND are forever relegated to being a tier below our esteemed counterparts in Brookings and Fargo, after all they were the first to make the jump to D1.

Personally I think it's just a bunch of hot air.

Damn boys, I guess we just need to admit it - USD & UND are forever relegated to being a tier below our esteemed counterparts in Brookings and Fargo, after all they were the first to make the jump to D1. Thankfully they didn't get a patent or copyright on how to make the transition, or we would have been forced to blaze our own trail.

About the only thing we haven't copied from the Jacks and Bisoni is our message boards. For some reason, we have limited most of the posts on our boards to relevant information and avoided all the rhetoric and other BS that seem to populate Bisonville and SDSUFANS (assuming they eventually get their board operational again) boards.

I think the fact that the Big Sky offered both UND and USD an invite is a testament to how desirable our two institutions are to prospective conferences. We have have something both NDSU and SDSU will never have the official name of the state. It's really too bad USD couldn't have joined us in the BSC, UND and USD would have been an awesome rivalry and we could have packaged ourselves up with UM and MSU for a future FBS upgrade.

You can't tell them anything over there on B-ville. They've got a whole thread on how USD is following their coattails. Posting there is like beating your head against the wall.

Jeopardy question, the answer is: Central Florida, Air Force, Wisconsin, & Northwestern

Answer: ?

I think the Minnesota team that you lost to 10-9 (and should have won) was a better team than the Central Michigan that you beat. NDSU had a strong team that year. It would have been interesting if they had been able to make the playoffs to see how far they could have went.

You can't tell them anything over there on B-ville. They've got a whole thread on how USD is following their coattails. Posting there is like beating your head against the wall.

Jeopardy question, the answer is: Central Florida, Air Force, Wisconsin, & Northwestern

Answer: ?

Thats why I don't post over there. They are too drunk with their kool-aid that to them every school is inferrior to them. There are posters saying NDSU is going undefeated in football. :lol::lol: Can't win a division title but are going undefeated.

Thats why I don't post over there. They are too drunk with their kool-aid that to them every school is inferrior to them. There are posters saying NDSU is going undefeated in football. :lol::lol: Can't win a division title but are going undefeated.

In all fairness, NDSU football should be pretty good this year. The key stat to watch is the Fargo Police arrest record: if Bohl can keep suspensions, DUIs, and expulsions under 7 and keep his boys out of Best Buy and underaged girl's beds, they could be in for a very good year.

Yeah almost as funny as you planning on going to the playoffs your first year in the BSC? :lol:

Agree that CMU was the best FBS team NDSU has played, but being compared to a middle of the pack Big 10 team is not a compliment in today's football world. The Big 10 is and has been very weak on a national front.