SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

And to think at one point I had declared that you weren't a troll. I rescind that statement. Thanks for proving me wrong. Bison06 is officially the only non troll NDSU poster right now.

Oh dear, I am just thinking that walk-ons at FBS schools probably don't do much the majority of the time. Troll statement not intended as a troll statement. Heck, I'd be more than happy to ride the pine at NDSU or Notre Dame. Just being on the team would be a great experience.

Thanks Travis. Turned down scholarships from Northern Illinois and NDSU, as well as PWO from Wisco. Sounds like no scholarship money at UND either, at least right away. I'm glad that the staff had a good relationship with the young man, and that he held his loyalty. Hope to see good things out of him! :)

Hey everyone,

this is Joe Schobert, Unfortunately for everyone in Grand Forks I received a call from Coach Bielema today and he assured me that I would be able to get in to Madison for the Fall semester and that was what I was waiting to hear all week long last week. But on Friday they couldn't tell me so I thought i would be heading to UND. Im sorry that this has turned out this way, I loved the coaches and people I met that worked for the University but this is an opportunity to live out my Dream and i am going to try and take it. I wish you all the best of luck in the future and the UND football team certainly looks like it will make noise in the BSC very soon.

Thanks,

Joe Schobert

• Upvote 3

Hey everyone,

this is Joe Schobert, Unfortunately for everyone in Grand Forks I received a call from Coach Bielema today and he assured me that I would be able to get in to Madison for the Fall semester and that was what I was waiting to hear all week long last week. But on Friday they couldn't tell me so I thought i would be heading to UND. Im sorry that this has turned out this way, I loved the coaches and people I met that worked for the University but this is an opportunity to live out my Dream and i am going to try and take it. I wish you all the best of luck in the future and the UND football team certainly looks like it will make noise in the BSC very soon.

Thanks,

Joe Schobert

Class Act.

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Joe Schobert

Very unfortunate! I thought we had crossed our last hurdle. I agree - a class act. I hope Joe has a good career at Wisconsin.

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Joe Schobert

UW is an outstanding school and program and their walkon's seem to do great. Good luck, and it won't hurt that UW football is pretty popular up here. Go kick some ass and bring the title back up north.

• Upvote 1

It was said before that he had already been offered a preferred walkon at Wisconsin so I guess I assumed that there was money on the table from Wisconsin now. Whatever. We lost him to Big Ten power Wisconsin. Not entirely bad.

It says a lot about our recruiting, program, and potential that a recruit of Joe's caliber was willing to come to UND as a walk-on instead of taking a scholarship at another school. I wish him nothing but the best and if it doesn't work out at UW definitely come back to UND.