SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

After everything that has been explained to you in the above posts, you focus on that and reply to that?

I still haven't seen you address the fact that NDSU offered a scholarship to a player that you deemed a "walk-on level talent". Your own school blew away your theory but you keep sticking to it.

What I would say to that is we obviously have some extra scholarship money to use. Completely different situation than UND is in. NDSU by offering him a scholarship at the 11th hour has shown that he was very low on the scholarship totem pole and decided to try and pick up an extra player as opposed to sitting on the scholly money.

UND on the other hand, as you or maybe another poster said, identified his talent early but didn't deem him worthy of a scholarship. Now, that for whatever reason other schools are in the game, UND fans are upset that he may take money to play elsewhere when they didn't identify him as worthy of offering money in the first place.

You wrote 5 posts quesitoning why UND was so excited to get this kid as a preferred walk on but never once questioned why your own coaching staff decided to make an half scholorship offer 2 weeks before camp.

NDSU has done very well recruiting and there is no question what they have done works but its a UND board and I'll stick up for the UND staff and players everytime. You try to pretend your not stirring the pot but you keep asking a question and don't listen to the answers or look at the current facts of the situation. The big one being the kid turned down a ndsu scholorship to walk on at UND. He also has talked to the UW coaching staff in the past couple weeks along with another FBS school, if it was a ndsu recruit in the same situation you and all the other fans of your school would rightfully be singing the kids praises and you know it.

Did I miss something? When did he turn down a scholly from NDSU?

Please don't tell me how I would or would not react if the situations were reversed, you really have no clue.

If the shoe was on the other foot I would say good for him, my favorite team didn't identify him as a scholarship player and if he can get money to get a higher education, best of luck to him. You can't be upset when someone else puts a higher value than you did on a commodity and buys it away from you.

Did I miss something? When did he turn down a scholly from NDSU?

Please don't tell me how I would or would not react if the situations were reversed, you really have no clue.

If the shoe was on the other foot I would say good for him, my favorite team didn't identify him as a scholarship player and if he can get money to get a higher education, best of luck to him. You can't be upset when someone else puts a higher value than you did on a commodity and buys it away from you.

He already told your coaches NO - he turned down your scholarship offer to walk on at UND. Now will the lightbulb finally come on in your head about what we are saying? :whistling:

He is debating between a walk-on at UND and a walk-on at Wisconsin, from everything I can gather.

He already told your coaches NO - he turned down your scholarship offer to walk on at UND. Now will the lightbulb finally come on in your head about what we are saying?

He is debating between a walk-on at UND and a walk-on at Wisconsin, from everything I can gather.

Unless you are looking at different sources than I am, Travis from Wissports hasn't said that.

Unless you are looking at different sources than I am, Travis from Wissports hasn't said that.

So this defiance you are feeling, this is why you are still debating everyone about this topic? You don't believe anybody on here?

At least it makes sense now as to why you won't admit your 100% wrong. I was under the assumption you understood that he told NDSU to get lost. I would say just stay tuned.

No did I miss something about him turning it down? As far as the reports show so far he has not finalized his decision.

His decision to NOT go to NDSU has been finalized; he turned the offer down. From what I have gathered from multiple sources it is now between UND and Wisconsin. No matter what he is not going to NDSU so accept it and moooove on.

• Upvote 1

No did I miss something about him turning it down? As far as the reports show so far he has not finalized his decision.

I'm confident if he is not at UND, he won't be in the state of North Dakota next season. I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks though.

So this defiance you are feeling, this is why you are still debating everyone about this topic? You don't believe anybody on here?

At least it makes sense now as to why you won't admit your 100% wrong. I was under the assumption you understood that he told NDSU to get lost. I would say just stay tuned.

Yes, I was completely unaware of that. Had I known that it would have changed my thoughts on the situation.

Haha, thanks man, but I probably deserve it for jumping into a conversation without all of the facts.

I think we get too used to folks coming on here just to stir things up and get the hive buzzing that we lose sight that there are some opposing fans (in-conferene and otherwise) who want an honest, collegial debate. Lakes and the ilk do you know favors, as I am sure there are some in our camp who invade BV and Kolpack/Izzo's forum to sir the pot.

I think we get too used to folks coming on here just to stir things up and get the hive buzzing that we lose sight that there are some opposing fans (in-conferene and otherwise) who want an honest, collegial debate. Lakes and the ilk do you know favors; as I am sure there are some in our camp who invade BV and Kolpack/Izzo's forum to sir the pot.

Well, thank you. I'll come back when I have some facts to back up my opinions :)

• Upvote 1

If he grew up a Badger fan, now is his time to live our that dream of sitting on the bench at Camp Randall.

And to think at one point I had declared that you weren't a troll. I rescind that statement. Thanks for proving me wrong. Bison06 is officially the only non troll NDSU poster right now.

• Upvote 1