SiouxSports.com Forum

UND sophomore forward Danny Kristo is out indefinitely after sustainin

Siouxfull

When I was growing up my coach Gomer Goetz was mad at my team for the way we played and skated us in what I remember to be a -90 wind chill at Lewis & Clark the next night after we lost. Not sure how we didn't all end up getting frostbite from that event? We were outside for 1/2 hour of skating only!

Hopefully Danny recovers. If he had to be hospitalized this sounds serious which could lead to amputation and all kinds of stuff. Hopefully this is not the case as I would think it may be career ending if that occurred?

This is not good news. Hopefully, Danny will get the treatment that he needs and he will get better someday soon. This means, in all liklihood,next season.

My momma, a nurse, always says that everyone, especially kids, should be made to see a case of frostbite up close. If they did, they would wear hats, gloves, boots, etc.

Not sure what happened here, and I suppose it really does not matter. Kids do stupid things.

This team will pull together. There are any number of guys on the pine who can, and will, step in to fill this big hole.

Regions is top shelf on treatment of frostbite. He likely was not sent there for any small reason. Our thoughts and prayers to Danny and his family.

I ventured over to GPL to see what Gopher fans had to say. Thus far, the comments are mostly positive.

One of the exceptions:

You would think these kids would be smarter then they are......

Oh well....better a Sioux player then one of ours.....

Guess I don't have much sympathy for someone who gets so drunk underage that they pass out into a snowbank in -20 degree temperatures......

Wow! I understand the Sioux/Gopher rivalry is quite intense, but I would never wish ill will on a Gopher player. At the end of the day, they're just a bunch of college kids playing a game they love and they make mistakes like everyone else.

Word is it's more than his feet. Hands and face as well. I think this one is a season ender folks, likely a career ender. He would not be in Mpls if this wasn't very serious.

Passed out in the snow.

Not good.

Do you know this for sure? Let's hold off on speculation...we have a very good young hockey player who is likely in some serious trouble. It is also possible he was sent to Regions as a precautionary measure.

• Upvote 1

Do you know this for sure? Let's hold off on speculation...we have a very good young hockey player who is likely in some serious trouble. It is also possible he was sent to Regions as a precautionary measure.

I agree we should not speculate as to the nature of his injuries and the circumstances. No late night red pepper talk. Wink wink telly33.

Losing Chay and now Kristo is really to bad for us.

I hate to say it and probably going to get bash but I wish i could look at it more positive but all signs point to not good.

1. Sent to Minneapolois Hospital where regions has the equipment/expertise to deal with the most serious type of skin

2. Family wants there privacy (yeh i no a lof familys want privacy but wouldnt the family come out and say Danny is going to be alright or its jsut for precaution) cant blame em but its kind of fishy

3. He was found walking. Its prety hard to get frost bite on ur feat wearing shoes so msot likely he was wearing either sandles or nothing at all.

4. Big win saturday nite. Get home early sunday morning. prolly had the off day monday since it is bye week wouldnt u do some celebrating if u had a big win and knew u had nothing goin on the next day?

5. Surprised it took 2 days to come out in the news

6. Lot of people on montreal boards are hearing the same things that are rumored here in that the right foot toe is really bad and was found passed out in a snow bank.

7. Why would the press release say passed out in the snow bank? Obviously they would spin it the ebst they can and say walking.

With all that being said, I hope im wrong and I hope we see Danny this year again and afraid if we dont, he will most likely be done playing hockey or being in the monreal organizaion according to some posters on the montreal sites.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not likely.

He was sent there for a reason...unfortunately.

I ventured over to GPL to see what Gopher fans had to say. Thus far, the comments are mostly positive.

One of the exceptions:

Wow! I understand the Sioux/Gopher rivalry is quite intense, but I would never wish ill will on a Gopher player. At the end of the day, they're just a bunch of college kids playing a game they love and they make mistakes like everyone else.

That is the same dou-ch bag that said this as well. The guy sound like a grade "A" buffoon

That is too bad for Genoway. Of the sue players, there are a couple of them that I genuinely would not mind seeing hurt. He is not one. Hope he is alright

That responded with this after he was called out for saying that.

I knew that was coming and I also know it sounds bad but karma is a sometimes. There is no way you can convince me that a couple of guys on your team are not out to injure opponents. There are too many examples of dirty plays being made that put people at risk. Sorry if you are offended, normally I would not say that about any player, rival or not. Maybe I am wrong, but it is certainly my take. I would not blame someone for wishing the same thing on a Gopher that played that way. You probably don't agree, and I am fine with that. I just wanted to explain that those are not my feelings toward opponents in general. MOO

Well let's refrain from turning this into a Sioux-Gopher arguement, seriously. A majority of college hockey fans including myself (a Gopher fan) wish Danny Kristo a speedy and full recovery.

DIdn't mean to make it sound like I was classifying all Gopher fans into the same category. I know that's not fair, or true. Every fan base has their bad seeds.

Please note I am not speculating on anything here, I don't know the story.

HOWEVER.

Weather this cold is dangerous, and if you ever, EVER see someone out in the cold who looks like they are in trouble, HELP THEM. Even if they are drunk and underage and might get in trouble. Getting in trouble is better than dying or being seriously injured. It doesn't matter if it did or did not happen to Danny. It could happen to any student or any person who walks home alone whether they are drunk or sober.

Word is it's more than his feet. Hands and face as well. I think this one is a season ender folks, likely a career ender. He would not be in Mpls if this wasn't very serious.

Passed out in the snow.

Not good.

This is not the same story I've heard and I'm comfortable enough from where I heard it that I think your information is not correct. What I've heard is pretty close to what UND released.

This is not the same story I've heard and I'm comfortable enough from where I heard it that I think your information is not correct. What I've heard is pretty close to what UND released.

Is sure hope you're right. I'm sick of people on here speculating that he was drunk and that his whole body is frost bite. So a little respect. This is crap TMZ and ESPN do with sports stories. A "source" told me......

Please note I am not speculating on anything here, I don't know the story.

HOWEVER.

Weather this cold is dangerous, and if you ever, EVER see someone out in the cold who looks like they are in trouble, HELP THEM. Even if they are drunk and underage and might get in trouble. Getting in trouble is better than dying or being seriously injured. It doesn't matter if it did or did not happen to Danny. It could happen to any student or any person who walks home alone whether they are drunk or sober.

Ditto! And don't let your friends walk anywhere except across the hall when they have been drinking. You lose body heat very quickly when you've been drinking. Several years ago a young man left a party in GF, drunk, to walk home during a blizzard/bad storm. He was lost in a snow bank for quite a while (weeks) before his body was finally found.