SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Robert Morris - Friday

AZSIOUX

Unknown due to worst schedule strength in nation.

12-5-2, or very close to that. They are in 2nd place in Atlantic Hockey, just behind RIT.

RMU is not a good hockey team... That isn't saying much, Atlantic Hockey is not a good hockey league...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our local media kinda of pumped up RMU and I was a little disappointed in their play. I thought they would at least give us a good game. The U18 team played better then they did. Hopefully tonight they will at least compete with us for a bit.

I think we'll see a different game tonight. The Sioux got a lot of bounces last night. If I recall on the TV broadcast the Sioux were getting outshot by quite a bit in the 2nd period last night but scored on their first 3 shots or something like that. I thought in large parts of the 2nd and most of the 3rd Robert Morris was playing a fairly good game. Good goaltending and good bounces for the Sioux made it a blowout. Do I think the Sioux were lucky? No. They had superior talent and they played well. But I don't think that was an 8-0 mismatch either.

I think we'll see a different game tonight. The Sioux got a lot of bounces last night. If I recall on the TV broadcast the Sioux were getting outshot by quite a bit in the 2nd period last night but scored on their first 3 shots or something like that. I thought in large parts of the 2nd and most of the 3rd Robert Morris was playing a fairly good game. Good goaltending and good bounces for the Sioux made it a blowout. Do I think the Sioux were lucky? No. They had superior talent and they played well. But I don't think that was an 8-0 mismatch either.

We need to refocus today to keep from letting them into tonights game. Easier said than done.

We got a lot of puck luck last night. We also scored on a ridiculous percentage of our shots...that won't happen tonight.

Strong forecheck was key last night...we went up 3-0 through luck, shock and awe...that also won't happen in tonight's first period.

home ice and last line change lets us establish the matchups which should lead to another convincing win, although not 8-0.

Kristo is really getting close to busting out...he's getting chances...only a matter of time until those go in...I'd love to see Gregs come back and Danny bust out come February, March and April...it will be a nice boost.

Knight continues to play solid, solid hockey.

Malone, Trupp and Frattin are the best line in the WCHA, if not the country...sorry Connelly, Connelly and Fontaine

I give Eids the start tonight: let's have Dell fresh and coming off two shutouts to play the Gophs on Friday.

We got a lot of puck luck last night. We also scored on a ridiculous percentage of our shots...that won't happen tonight.

Strong forecheck was key last night...we went up 3-0 through luck, shock and awe...that also won't happen in tonight's first period.

home ice and last line change lets us establish the matchups which should lead to another convincing win, although not 8-0.

Kristo is really getting close to busting out...he's getting chances...only a matter of time until those go in...I'd love to see Gregs come back and Danny bust out come February, March and April...it will be a nice boost.

Malone, Trupp and Frattin are the best line in the WCHA, if not the country...sorry Connelly, Connelly and Fontaine

I give Eids the start tonight: let's have Dell fresh and coming off two shutouts to play the Gophs on Friday.

Agreed with all points.....you basically wrote what I was going to write.....wow.... :ohmy:

On the point others made about the local media building up Robert Morris:

Yesterday afternoon there were 1,000 tickets available for the hockey game. I think the local media was trying to do whatever necessary to try and get some butts in the seats. Whether it be through talking about that defenseman with over 100 career points, or building up the rivalry between the two head coaches who are friends. The sioux kind of forgot to play the last half of the second period (after the RMU timeout) and they still couldn't get a puck in the net. Robert Morris had the deer in the headlights look for most of the game. Part of that has to do with walking and playing in a place like the Ralph.

Agreed that Eids needs to get some work and be allowed to try to get back in the rotation (if not now, when?). However, I'm a little worried. In my opinion, even the last two games have looked like blowouts, the difference has been Dell. A lack of concentration or allowing a weak goal at certain times in either game could have made for some very different games. I feel for Eids, but Dell has shown unwavering concentration. Tough choice for Hak.

That didn't seem like an 8-0 game. We were not as totally dominant as the score suggests. Felt more like a 5-2 game.

I agree with a lot of comments above:

** We were counting MacWilliam's blocks on that shorthanded sequence that led to the SH goal... had gotten to 4. I was wondering if he would be able to limp back to the bench after taking those shots. He is one tough as nails dude.

** Kristo has the potential to dominate at this level. The game is slowing down for him, and he's getting better all the time at seeing his teammates and finding them.

** In our row, we were noting the almost complete absence of body checks in the first 20 minutes. Must have been a coaching decision to lay off the Colonials. However, after they laid a body on Kristo, second period, we started doing a little hitting.

** I like Dillon Simpson on the PP. He may be quarterbacking it next year.

** Lot of ice time for 3rd and 4th lines. Liked the play of Rodwell, Lamoureux, Davidson; they just couldn't get the finish for a goal.

** We will need to guard against a letdown tonight. Keep the feet moving ...

That didn't seem like an 8-0 game. We were not as totally dominant as the score suggests. Felt more like a 5-2 game.

I agree with a lot of comments above:

** We were counting MacWilliam's blocks on that shorthanded sequence that led to the SH goal... had gotten to 4. I was wondering if he would be able to limp back to the bench after taking those shots. He is one tough as nails dude.

** Kristo has the potential to dominate at this level. The game is slowing down for him, and he's getting better all the time at seeing his teammates and finding them.

** In our row, we were noting the almost complete absence of body checks in the first 20 minutes. Must have been a coaching decision to lay off the Colonials. However, after they laid a body on Kristo, second period, we started doing a little hitting.

** I like Dillon Simpson on the PP. He may be quarterbacking it next year.

** Lot of ice time for 3rd and 4th lines. Liked the play of Rodwell, Lamoureux, Davidson; they just couldn't get the finish for a goal.

** We will need to guard against a letdown tonight. Keep the feet moving ...

I thought Rowney had a great first period at least (I'm DVR'ing the game and haven't watched the 2nd and 3rd yet).

Right, but going into last nights game, RMU was an unknown, assumed weak, which was proven last night.

Anything less than another win tonight will be unacceptable... In watching the video over today I am not impressed with the RMU hockey team... UND needs to stay focused and take it to them tonight again.

I loved the physical play, RMU couldnt handle it at all. Just shows how dominate the WCHA is. All this talk about RMU upsetting big teams in the past, not one was a WCHA team. And in response to RMU coaches comment: "were gonna show North Dakota how Atlantic hockey is." Welp, good job with that one.

Kinda torn on Eids getting the start. Part of me thinks stick with the hot hand, keep Aaron sharp going into the Gopher series.

I can see that also but it is always good to have 2 goalies that are ready to go, never know when one may have a bad game or stretch or, hopefully not, get hurt. Nothing keeps you sharp like playing in a real game. Championship teams almost always have 2 goalies that can steal a game

I can see that also but it is always good to have 2 goalies that are ready to go, never know when one may have a bad game or stretch or, hopefully not, get hurt. Nothing keeps you sharp like playing in a real game. Championship teams almost always have 2 goalies that can steal a game

I agree, there's a very good chance we're going to need Eids before the season is over. Besides, his play the last two years is worth some consideration.

Anything less than another win tonight will be unacceptable... In watching the video over today I am not impressed with the RMU hockey team... UND needs to stay focused and take it to them tonight again.

I agree. Only a letdown will allow RMU to remain close tonight.

Kinda torn on Eids getting the start. Part of me thinks stick with the hot hand, keep Aaron sharp going into the Gopher series.

I too am torn. I agree about keeping Dell sharp, but it only one maroon and gold clad NumbSkull to crash the net in a dirty play, to leave us with Eidsness for the rest of the year. This is a good opportunity to get some more confidence for him.

He can do things on the ice nobody else on that team can. I think it's been partly a learning curve for him to know how to use that evasive skill with this team.

Trupp. LOVE his forecheck.

One thing about having a fairly soft schedule like the Sioux will have this half--they won't be tested on the transition game like they will be in the NCAAs, and that's a concern. RM did not present any kind of a breakout problem last night. It seemed like our D had a lot of time to make decisions.

He can do things on the ice nobody else on that team can. I think it's been partly a learning curve for him to know how to use that evasive skill with this team.

Trupp. LOVE his forecheck.

One thing about having a fairly soft schedule like the Sioux will have this half--they won't be tested on the transition game like they will be in the NCAAs, and that's a concern. RM did not present any kind of a breakout problem last night. It seemed like our D had a lot of time to make decisions.

Disagree that our schedule is soft this half. I think that's selling a lot of the teams we play short. It's not the consecutive ranked opponents stretch like earlier, but it's far from soft.

Disagree that our schedule is soft this half. I think that's selling a lot of the teams we play short. It's not the consecutive ranked opponents stretch like earlier, but it's far from soft.

I get what you're saying, but we are only playing 4 games against top half WCHA teams: UNO and CC

Tech, AA at home, SCSU...should not lose

Goldy is a rival which means anything can happen

UNO isn't surprising anyone any more