SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs USA u18

AZSIOUX

The 1st place Fighting Sioux are on a very nice run heading into the holiday break. The US U18 team comes into Grand Forks for a EXH game Saturday night. Team USA features two future Sioux recruits in Rocco Grimaldi and JT Miller.The 5'6 Grimaldi has been mentioned to be a first round draft pick in 2011 along with Miller being a possible second rounder. Come to think about it Grimaldi may be gone for this game along with Forbort and Nelson for the team usa wjt camp. I am sure someone on here can clarify this. Thanks, GO SIOUX!!

Pairwise Rankings

WCHA Standings

und.gif - Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 13-5-2

Conference Record, WCHA: 11-3-0, 22 points

Home: 5-2-1 / Away: 7-3-1 / Neutral: 1-0-0

web_sized_usa_hockey_logo_copy.jpg - u18 USA Hockey Home Page

u18 schedule/results

I thought I heard Tim H. on the radio mention something about Rocco Grimaldi not making the trip to GF, but didn't catch the whole conversation.

Correct. Rocco will be at the WJC USA camp along with Forbort and Nelson.

Too bad, would have been fun to see him at the Ralph a year early.

That said, hopefully he makes the WJC team so that we can watch him during that...

I wonder if these games teams play against the Under 18 team are more of a recruiting play? Some guys probably would rather go home instead of playing them,

I have thought that everyone of these games I thought they were entertaining, I am just happy to go to a hockey game this weekend and it should keeps the guys in the game before the holidays and gives the coaches another look before their next game in 12 days.

Edited by Goon

I too enjoy this game and we get to see one of our committed studs (JT Miller). Would have loved to see Grimaldi as well. We also get a look at other teams recruits.

From what I have read it sounds like Roco Grimaldi is going to be a Gerby type player...

That came to my mind as well. I just hope they let him play like Gerbe and don't limit his abilities through dump and chase and cycle-cycle-cycle.

I think the "they" we have to be more concerned with are the WCHA officials, not the Sioux coaches if that's what you're hinting at. ;)

Does anyone know TV information. It is suppose to be on FCS Atlantic but it is not on my Direct TV guide. I would like o be able to set up my DVR for tomorrow. But I am not finding it.

Thanks

It's on FCS Atlantic. I could not find it originally, but instead of it being labeled "college hockey", it was labeled "ice hockey" instead. 7pm start time.

The U 18 team called up 3 players from the NAHL (Blizzard) to play against UND tonight. Not sure how much those guys will help, but it can't get any worse for them then it did last night.

http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogspot.com/2010/12/blizzard-trio-readies-for-stint-with.html

Well, it'll be good for the U.S. team to be able to fill 4 lines since they only were able to have 3 last night. So from their perspective, there's a positive.

The U 18 team called up 3 players from the NAHL (Blizzard) to play against UND tonight. Not sure how much those guys will help, but it can't get any worse for them then it did last night.

http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogspot.com/2010/12/blizzard-trio-readies-for-stint-with.html

That is good to hear.The more competetive the better

Interestingly enough there may be some temp players with team USA including a kid from Wayzeta named Mario Lucia.

sign him up, hes the talented one of the two brothers ;) although tony wasnt bad by any means..just a top prospect in mario

sioux 6-1 (miller gets only usa goal) :)

keep everyone healthy and rest anyone possible who needs it!

look forward to seeing miller play along with a few others on usa that may be uncommited. he seems to be a very high prospect