SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA & ALASKA

AZSIOUX

The Sioux come off a 5-2 win at The Ralph vs the Bisons of Manitoba. This is a tough road trip coming up no matter what time of year it is. The Sioux face UAA Friday night and Alaska on Saturday. Alaska has been ranked in the top 10 in some polls. These types of games are all important in regards to pairwise rankings come April. This is a great road test before conference play opnes up next weekend in Bemidji. GO SIOUX

Friday 11:07 ct time

Saturday - 7:07 ct time

und.gif

Sioux Hockey Home Site

uaa.gif

Seawolves Hockey Home Site

uaf.gif

Nanooks Hockey Home Site

will these be on FSSN?

Yes, the games will be shown on FSSN. The games are not produced by FSSN, but they are produced by Alaska Anchorage Student TV station and FSSN picks up the feed. The quality isn't great, but you get to watch the Sioux live from Alaska!! Go Sioux!

Yes, the games will be shown on FSSN. The games are not produced by FSSN, but they are produced by Alaska Anchorage Student TV station and FSSN picks up the feed. The quality isn't great, but you get to watch the Sioux live from Alaska!! Go Sioux!

Will they be on FCS?

Is this official?

Hi Goon, I would assume it is offical because it is on the FSSN schedule. There was a link on here earlier that listed all Sioux games FSSN was going to carry. Both Alaska games were listed for this coming weekend.

That would be cool since my computer's sound system is on the blink...

Hi Goon, I would assume it is offical because it is on the FSSN schedule. There was a link on here earlier that listed all Sioux games FSSN was going to carry. Both Alaska games were listed for this coming weekend.

The version of the FSSN schedule I have does not show the Alaska games...do you have a link to this updated schedule?

My lines for Game 1:

Malone with Frattin and Trupp

Knight with Gregoire and Hextall

Lammy with Bruno and Rowney

Nelson with Cichy and Kristo

Forbert and Genoway

Blood and MacWilliam

Marto and Simpson

Dell

My lines for Game 2:

Knight with Gregoire and Kristo

Lammy with Davidson and Hextall

Nelson with Cichy and Rodwell

Forbert and Genoway

Blood and MacWilliam

Marto and Lapoint

Eidsness

According to the Midco page that someone linked in a earlier post the games are on. The second game will be joined in process after the football game.

I noticed that Midco Sports Net has alternate channels, channels 322 & 323(not including the HD channel).

I wonder if maybe they'll put the hockey game on one of those alternate channels so those that want to watch the whole game can do so.

My lines for Game 1:

Knight with Gregoire and Hextall

Lammy with Bruno and Rowney

Nelson with Cichy and Kristo

Forbert and Genoway

Blood and MacWilliam

Marto and Simpson

Dell

My lines for Game 2:

Knight with Gregoire and Kristo

Lammy with Davidson and Hextall

Nelson with Cichy and Rodwell

Forbert and Genoway

Blood and MacWilliam

Marto and Lapoint

Eidsness

Watching Hakstols interview today, looks like you're dead on with Dell and Eids splitting time this weekend. Forbort and Blood will probably be paired again together, as they were for the U of Manitoba. Its definitely good to split Genoway and Forbort up considering their offensive-defensive upside.

On another note, what a threat we have being able to have Hextall or Kristo or Knight or Trupp on a third line for us, such depth. Who do teams focus on to shut down?

Lets just hope for a quick start to the season!

I like the idea of the goaltenders splitting time this weekend. I think you have Dell start against Anchorage, and go with Eidsness against Fairbanks, as they'll probably be a bit better of a team right now.

Then again, how do you not let your number one guy from last year not start the season opener?

I'm anxious to see who the six defensemen will be Friday night.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of the goaltenders splitting time this weekend. I think you have Dell start against Anchorage, and go with Eidsness against Fairbanks, as they'll probably be a bit better of a team right now.

Agreed. UAF is the better team on paper, so I'd agree to put Eidsness out against them.

Plus, Dell has had decent success against UAA:

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20091023&vis=und&home=uaa&gender=m

:)

I noticed that Midco Sports Net has alternate channels, channels 322 & 323(not including the HD channel).

I wonder if maybe they'll put the hockey game on one of those alternate channels so those that want to watch the whole game can do so.

On the WDAZ news tonight they said both games will be on channel 27 in grand forks...

The Alaska game has CCHA pwr implications; for that reason I tried to load up night 2.

I did really like what i saw with Knight, Gregoire and Hextall as a line combo. Imagine a scoring line 3 with Nelson and Kristo on it. That is serious talent deep into the lineup.

Frattin, Gregoire and Kristo on 3 different lines...that could spell 20 goal men on each scoring line.